JB's grave revisited; weird stuff there...

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Greenleaf, Dec 28, 2005.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Wow, Greenleaf. You are so right about the injustice of a legal system so corrupted, they don't even pretend to care about a murdered child anymore.

Me? I'm nobody. Really. Just a mom and grandmom who was deeply moved by the sheer horror of what was done to a little girl in her own home, and the brazen and self-serving abandonment of her by her own family since.

You see, Greenleaf, my own grandchild was less than a year old when JonBenet was murdered. As I watched him grow, through the years, the shameful corruption taking place while JonBenet's killer remained protected and excused shook me. JonBenet was not rich. JonBenet was not powerful. JonBenet was just a little girl who fell into the hands of a child molester who led her to her death, eventually.

I'm afraid that part of my devotion to writing about this for so long has as much to do with having my own illusions of blind justice in America shattered. I always knew our system has flaws. I always knew that nothing is perfect. But I had no idea that it was so easy to get away with molesting and murdering a child in her own home. I had no idea until I saw it that pure evidence and fact could be so easily perverted and twisted, openly, obviously, while the press sat by and shrugged their shoulders because a two-bit shyster named Wood could make them pay for telling the truth.

I really feel like a fool here, to be truthful. After a lifetime of learning the hard way, I have come to understand the difference between the haves and the have-nots in our "American" system: those who are willing to do anything to get what they want, legal or illegal, moral or immoral, are the haves--or as I now call them, the predators; those who are successfully indoctrinated with the religious and political propaganda fed to us from infancy to be honest, follow the law, live by the "rules," we are perfect prey for the predators. We're the ones who die at the battlefront so their war machines can get richer, who hide our faces because society won't allow us justice when we've been raped or molested, who lose our jobs so filthy rich robber barons can pillage our pensions. We're at the bottom of the food chain, simply the bodies those at the top stand on. When it comes to truth and justice, believe me, nobody at the top even pretends to care about those empty words. All they care about is money and power: they've got it, you don't.

If you doubt this, I'll be happy to let you see my communications with Bill Nagel in the BDA's Office regarding the giveaway of the PowerPoint to private citizen Lou Smit, a freebie which cost the taxpayers of Boulder 60 thousand dollars in fees to Smit to create his own slide show from case evidence, and which Smit alone is now allowed to distribute selectively and use as propaganda for his own personal agenda. How can this be? Simple: the BDA controls it, and that's that. You got the money to hire a lawyer and take it to higher courts...you might win, eventually. Smit--he got paid $60 thou to be given a copy because he blackmailed Hunter, straight out and documented in court documents, not even challenged by the judge or Hunter and not even commented on by our illustrious press. Go figure.

And that's always the bottom line: money. You got it, you can play. You'll win or lose depending on how much you got to play with. But you better believe that Haddon and his firm of shysters are at the top of the food chain, and they are the biggest predators in Colorado.

So JonBenet was simply devoured by the predators. Some pervert molested her, and when she became a threat to that predator, whether from an accidental skull-cracking or a deliberate one, she was murdered to cover it up. Not to cover up an accident...to cover up the molestation which would have been detected if she'd been taken to the hospital.

You see, this is why Patsy and John never talk about how JonBenet suffered, her fear while she was being murdered or molested that night: they know she didn't "suffer" in that sense. They know she went out like a light and never knew another thing in this world. They take comfort in that fact, I believe.

But JonBenet did suffer. She knew great fear and pain from the moment her innocence was first betrayed by the molester until the moment she left this earth. Many of us know the moment when we look into the face of those we trust and see the mask drop, revealing something horrible, unspeakable, something we can't fully understand or fight, though we may try, cry out, beg god for help, only to be answered by the mockery of indifferent injustice.

So I come here, to find some comfort in the fact that there are some people who still believe that wrong is wrong and right is right, who stand against the predators and demand the truth. Not that we'll ever hear it from them. But so they will ever hear it from us.

So I am here to say this, and I say this from the part of me that belongs to something greater than those greedy, power-corrupted, shallow human shells lying and grinning as they waltz their way into the abyss: your money and your lies and your evil deeds are yours, and you own them, in the deepest, darkest part of your being. Like the spreading roots of a choking vine, they will destroy you. As innocent as JonBenet was, the retribution for the balance of your acts against her will be tenfold here on earth, infinite beyond. Those twisted tendrils you have fed are creeping around all you treasure. Until you do right by JonBenet, this curse will follow you for eternity.

2. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

From KK

From KK...with rock (top left) and coin (bottom right)

Attached Files:

3. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

2nd from KK

2nd from KK

Attached Files:

4. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

From KK

Kk 3

Attached Files:

5. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Koldkase

Dear Koldkase,
    I am overwhelmed. Your post tells me a great deal, about who you are. You represent the very best of us, here at FFJ. You seem to stand for all that is right and good in those of us who seek justice, and those of us who are repelled by evil.

The Ramsey case epitomizes just about every level of evil in society today. What makes most of us so fascinated by this case (I do believe) is the blatant nature by which the Rams thumb their noses at the sacred laws we live and die by.

Money greases the evil wheels of pseudo-justice. It muddies up the waters of true justice. Without the money, the murderers would have been in the slammer straightaway. No question about it. Dead child in house; no break-in; nothing taken; no evidence of an intruder; crazy ransom note; convoluted story; weird behavior, etc., etc., etc.

I will no longer ask, “Who are you?†Now, I know. KK, you are one of a kind.

Thank you for such a lovely response, and thank you for the gravesite picture. I hope more are forthcoming.Thanks also to dear Moab for posting it.

Your new friend,
    Greenleaf
    :leaf:

:thumbsup:

6. koldkase

That's SuRztuN, Jayelles! How you going to get invited to Xena's Volcano Shebang if you can't even spell our home planet's name? Tom Cruise will be very upset if you're a no show. I hear he's quite testy with the new little alien on the way and all.... :nervous:

Hey, my old computer--the one that is crankier than kranky herself right now...well, my zippy new monitor doesn't seem to impress it one bit, so the pics look like poster art to me. Can everyone else see them ok?

If my server ever gets the cd to me to download, I'll be able to get my new super duper rocket computer online and put the old 'puter in semi-retirement and maybe I can see things better then. The old girl used to do graphics just fine...right up until I started fidgeting with monitor settings so I could NOT see Jay's little demonstration.... :cry:

7. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

KK - when were these taken again? It looks like spring time.

Did you post these before or are these different ones?

8. Jayelles

shoot.

9. koldkase

I took these in summer of 2004--might have been July or August. I got the film developed in Sept. of that year. It was a very hot day, I remember that, because the caretaker had on a t-shirt and a long-sleeve flannel shirt and I thought he must be burning up. He wore the second shirt because he said there were bees that got after him before. I actually have a picture of him working with his weed-eater, but it's from behind. I asked him, but he didn't want his picture taken, he said, and put online. Hubby scolded me for taking it from behind, and I felt bad, but I haven't put it online, so maybe the caretaker will forgive me. I just thought it would be nice to have him in our archives, as he knows more about the grave and its visitors than probably anyone else.

10. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Greenie, you would remember KK as MJenn from back in our JW days! We are blessed to have such brilliant, caring ladies, as you two have proved again in this thread.

When the NotBorg hammers us for speaking our minds, remember the words on the slab.......She was a Gift to ALL.

RR

11. DebDeb

DebDeb New Member

Excuse me for coming out of lurk mode for a moment. Just thought I would offer the following.

On a Tarot type site I found a "Quick Guide to Reading Ordinary Playing Cards"

This is what is said about those cards

2 of Heart (Cups) - success by careful thought, friendship

2 of Spades (Swords) - scandal, gossip, danger of deceit, change, removal, loss of home, division

2 of Diamonds (Coins) - a great love affair increases in importance, opposed by friends

2 of Clubs (Wands) - disappointment and opposition from friends or associates

Kinda interesting how many of the above can relate to this case.

Now as far as the pennies I thought maybe the placement and quantity of the pennies had some meaning but couldn't find anything. Only thing I came away with that coins are commonly found on graves/headstones. Some believe that leaving coins help a restless spirit cross over. On the same line, another "superstition" was leaving pennies on the grave helps the deceased "pay for their trip across The River Styx".

12. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Wasn't there a song called "Don't Pay the Ferryman" and wasn't Charon the one who rowed the boat across the river Styx?

I've read a little on the tarot, but feel more comfortable with astrology.

-Tea

13. bluprint

bluprint Member

Yeah, something's weird

I think it's macabre that anyone outside of the family should visit this child's grave. Greenleaf, if you could've, would you have placed flowers or something on the older Ramsey girl's grave as well? JB's story is soooo very sad but if she wasn't in the news, would you have done the same? Do you place flowers on your own family's graves? I don't. And as much as I pity poor Nicole Simpson and I want to place flowers on her site, I figure it's a moot point if I don't bother to pay my respect to my own family. Did that make sense?

Greenleaf, I'm not knocking you for going there, I just think it's kind of macabre and morbid. This is not at all what I consider "resting in peace."

14. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Good grief. I put flowers or candy, Christmas decorations, poems, pictures anything that I'd like to share with that person if they were still alive. I would feel horrible if I didn't care for the site where my family lays. They deserve the attention.

As for putting flowrs on the graves of others. We do stuff like that all the time. Ever see the President lay flowers at the grave of the unknown Soldier...?
    Did you see the memorials and flowers people the world over left for those killed in 9-11...? that's on a big scale.

In most every small town if a child has been abused and killed people will show up for the services and put flowers or small teddy bears comfort items for children.

Here you have a murdered baby girl that has all but been forgotten and denied Justice your going to find loving people who will take the effort to care for her grave site to show that she has not been forgotten by a world that has moved on.

I bet you have seen people who lay flowers on others graves but you just wanted to stick a dig at Greenleaf.

Warning tread carefully, Greenie is one of the most loved and honorable posters on these boards. You could be sent packing you mess with her.

15. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Freebird

I know someone who used to take things OFF of graves in Evergreen Cemetery in Brooklyn. It seems the Chinese families would come to visit the revered ancestors, and leave all kinds of delicious Chinese food as a gesture towards their deceased relative. After they would leave, a group of hungry boys would step up and devour all the goodies.

16. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Then, an hour later, they went back for some more.

-Tea

17. Elle

Elle Member

You know, bluprint, we all have our different ways of showing respect to the dead. I personally don't frequent cemeteries, but I do have a few friends who find comfort going there to visit their loved ones. What's good for one person, is not good for another, but this doesn't give us the right to knock someone else for their beliefs. I believe Greenleaf found comfort when she visited JonBenét's grave, and you should respect that. We cannot all be the same. You have to learn to respect other people's thoughts when it comes to grief.

18. bluprint

bluprint Member

It's not a matter of respect

Elle, I said I'm not knocking Greenleaf for going out of her way to visit JonBenet's gravesite... a part of me is interested too (shoots, I clicked on the thread right?) but I still find the idea macabre. I would also find myself in a moral dilema as I stood there reflecting on the short life of JonBenet while my loved ones' graves go unnoticed.

But hey, that's just me. :violin:

19. bluprint

bluprint Member

Umm...

Freebird, I know you didn't suggest I tread carefully because I might hurt some feelings? LOL! My bad, I guess I don't know my place around here. :pray:

20. Jayelles

What you chose to post was a personal attack on another poster. That is against TOS in most forums.

Greenleaf left a lovely plant at JBR's grave on behalf of the members of this forum. She took the opportunity to do so when she was in the area having medical treatment.

We all saw the photos of the grave - saw that there were no other floral tributes apart from one little Christmas tree and that is pretty sad considering how "decorated" Jonbenet was in life.

If we stopped to analyse every good deed we might do - we might never do any of them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice