Jeff Garfield Wants Our Help ...

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Cherokee, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Excellent letter, Prairie. Thank you for copying it here.

I hope you will send it to ALL the e-mail addresses listed above as every newspaper in Northern Michigan needs to print your letter.

IMO

2. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Opinion

I don't know this Jeff Garfield but for my tuppence worth I would say this:-

If I had to choose between

a) a person who had an old conviction for possession of a recreational drug and who was upfront about this - accepting responsibility for his irresponsibility ... and

b) a person who had committed adultery for two years when his wife had three young children - and who then went on to deceive his NEW wife on the reasons for his previous marital breakdown - leaving her to find out about it years later from strangers .... and who proceeded to blame the ex-mistress for the affair ...

it would be a no-contest. Drug taking might not be my cuppa tea, but honesty, courage and integrity are much bigger issues with me.

Everything I have seen about John Ramsey suggest to me that he is a man who blows his trumpet about his achievements and blames others for his errors. I simply cannot respect such an individual and that alone would lose him my vote. I don't think he killed his daughter, but everything I have seen of him suggest to me that he is a weak and egotistical man who consistently puts himself before others. That is the worst possible quality for a politician.

3. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I think in any political race, an open debate in front of the voting public will clear up any questions the voters might have.

Is there such an event being planned? If so, when? If not, why?

I can't imagine voters not wanting such a debate.

That will answer a lot of questions

4. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

John would never agree to a debate. The man is such a coward.

5. Barbara

I agree, but I think his opponents should ask for one so the public can hear for themselves that he WON'T. I'd be anxious to hear his explanation for refusing.

6. Little

Little Member

Why debate one on one when you get thousands of dollars in free publicity and a chance to spin any way you wish from the likes of CNN & MSNBC? It's interesting they were not invited on FOX, isn't it?

Little

7. Barbara

Also interesting

FOX News is run and controlled by very very very conservative Republicans. This was something I was unaware of until yesterday when I saw a debate on either Dan Abrams or Keith Olberman's show (can't remember which)

It seems that there is a whole new debate about fair and balanced and admittedly, the Republicans do not deny controlling FOX News because, as they claim, the news stations have been dominated by Democrats for so very long, so they feel controlling FOX is their right after so many years to have their own views aired.

John Ramsey is running for office as a conservative Republican. This must not be sitting well with the upper crust of Republicans

It will be interesting to see just how this plays out.

8. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

RE:Ramseys USE (not sue) Fox News.....

The Ramsey's are using Fox to get publicity, isn't this odd since they are actually suing them right now as well?

This is totally hypothetical, but If I were the Ramseys and someone 'defamed' me, I would NEVER pay them any money or want ANYTHING to do with them. I guess it's all in the spirit of winning; Do they have any shame at all??

9. Elle

Elle Member

Doesn't make sense JIC!

IOW Business is business! This type of business makes me sick, JIC!

10. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

No email addy for Charlevoix Courier....use either mail or fax instead.

Charlevoix Courier - 112 Mason Street, Charlevoix, MI, 49720-1314
    Phone: 231-547-6558 Fax: 231-547-4992

11. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Thanks, Deja, for posting that information.

I found an e-mail addy for the Charlevoix Courier using Google. I sent my letter to:

charlevoixcourier@charlevoixcourier.com

It may be an old addy, but it hasn't come back to me yet.

IMO

12. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Me too! I hope to high heavens that this Jeff Garfield fellow wins.

Deja,

Thanks for posting the info for the Charlevoix Courier, I sent letters to the other three addresses and live close enough that I'll be sending out some snail mail later today; the other three were nearly identical but I think I'll try something a little different this time, I did remember to add links to FFJ, acandyrose, and supportramseytruth.com.

13. Garfield

As a resident of the district you are discussing, I have been reading this site with interest. I just wanted to let you know, Jeff Garfield is NOT a good contender for the seat. According to the latest polls, Kevin Elsenheimer is beating Ramsey, NOT Garfield. To be honest, Garfield really does not know the issues and has not presented any real ideas other than "let religion take care of it." In fact, many voters who have met him have been turned off by his attitude and actions (i.e. swearing).
    Let me state this again, Elsenheimer is ahead in the polls, NOT Garfield — no matter what Garfield says.
    Thank you and keep up the good fight. This has been interesting reading.

14. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Thanks, Information2004. I read about Kevin Elsenheimer's being ahead of Ramsey in the polls by 2 points and meant to comment on it, but life interferred.

We would want the best candidate for you Michigan voters, but in all sincerity, it wouldn't matter to us if it were Simba the monkey running against Ramsey - we would support Simba - anyone but Ramsey.

As a resident of the district, can you tell us what the general feeling is among the natives about this race? We have some very strong opinions on this forum, as you can see. I'm just wondering what the voters know about Ramsey.

15. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

I read a newspaper article on another forum that stated this same information. I believe it said that Kevin Elsenheimer is leading the race over JR by about 2 percentage points. (20% vs 18%)

I would post the article from that other forum, but am sure it would incite some sort of "incident" that would peel the paint from the walls of hell.

It is my understanding that Mr. Elsenheimer is a 38 year-old attorney in the Belleaire area.

16. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

How would we tell the difference WY?

Thanks for the "heads up" Information2004!

17. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you for updating us, Inf 2004. Unfortunately, as WY posted, we are only concerned with not having John Ramsey in this Seat. As for the other candidates, only those who live in the immediate neighbourhood will know the true history of the man they're voting for.

18. you are welcome

Apprechiate your concern. But, remember, this is up to us, not you. Ramsey probably won't get elected, the voters don't really like him either. He will take Charlevoix though because he has a lot of friends in that town and most of them are transplants like he is.
    Again, this matter is for the voters of the 105th.

19. one more thing

In case you haven't guessed, the residents are starting to get ticked off about all this outside interferance with our local campaign, that includes national media and outside groups.

20. Aurora

Aurora Member

Info 2004

I beg your pardon but it is up to us ...the informed people....to get the message out ...what John Ramsey is all about. He has managed to get a different kind of justice .. that is reserved for the rich and powerful. We have watched/read his lies and don't want to see him BUY this election. I am from Michigan...too and want people to be aware that John Ramsey is still as suspect for murder in the death of his daughter....not a victim as he claims!!! You think this is just something for the voters here....but what do you think about the people from all over states sending John Ramsey money for his campaign? That should not be allowed either! The one with the most money and infamous name ....should not win! The candidate should be the one that can best do the job without skeletons in his closet....er basement. I don't know about you...but we don't need a liar, adulterer...and murder suspect in a position of authority just because he has the $$$ to con the voters!

Alot of people that write on here....can not vote in this election. We do not care who wins....as long as it isn't JOHN RAMSEY!

Please read this site ... it is a long read...but I think most of us here...agree this is as close to the truth about Ramsey as it gets...

http://www.crimemagazine.com/solvingjbr-main.htm

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice