Jeffrey Scott Shapiro - Time for the FBI to Take Over

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, Dec 26, 2006.

1. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

Once the crime turned from a kidnapping to a murder the FBI's jurisdiction was over. Murder is a State crime, not a Federal crime.
    This is the same reason OJ was never charged with any Federal crime after he was found "not guilty" in the murders of Nicole and Ron Goldman. There was some talk after the trial about the Feds charging OJ with violation of Nicole and Ron's civil rights, but that didn't pan out because it couldn't be proved the murders were "race related".

2. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

"...the FBI doesn't just invite themselves in to elbow out the local jurisdiction." LOL!!!!! Only when it will make the FBI look good...

The FBI could have taken control of the case in the early hours based on the "ransom note's" reference to a foreign faction. John Ramsey was an executive of a defense contractor which could have been intrepreted as a terrorism act against him or his company. The FBI did not take control because they obviously knew the note was bogus.

THey can take this case over now (if they want to) if someone lied to them when they were helping on the case - it's a federal crime to lie to an FBI Agent during any kind of investigation. I'm not sure, but they might can get involved if there was obstruction of justice by LE... I honestly do not believe the FBI has any desire to get involved at this late date.

But I applaud Jeff's sign of maturity!

3. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Hi Shadow

Ahhhhh--the forgotten terrorism angle. How amazing that "investigators" have never once made an issue of those passages in the ransom note.

4. wombat

wombat Member

They also have jurisdiction when federal civil rights have been violated, when telephones or the postal service have been used in the course of the crime or in covering it up, when tax fraud is involved, or when racketeering can be shown. The behavior of the law enforecement agencies would bring up the racketeering and civil right areas, and Professor Tracey's antics could bring up mail/telephone/tax jurisdiction.

Point is, the FBI didn't have to leave when JonBenet's body was found.

5. Shadow

"They also have jurisdiction when federal civil rights have been violated, when telephones or the postal service have been used in the course of the crime or in covering it up, when tax fraud is involved, or when racketeering can be shown. The behavior of the law enforecement agencies would bring up the racketeering and civil right areas, and Professor Tracey's antics could bring up mail/telephone/tax jurisdiction."

The agency would have to really be interested in the case to use any of those as jurisdiction - they are all a stretch. While it is also a stretch, there is no reason they couldn't use the terrorism angle right now (it has never been proved terrorist weren't involved). But as I said, I don't think the FBI wants anything to do with what they once referred to as "the Boulder mess."

"Point is, the FBI didn't have to leave when JonBenet's body was found."

Actually, the FBI stuck around offering help and advice to the BPD and DA's office for months. It's my understanding they finally "bailed-out" during the Grand Jury hearings when Hunter would not allow those conducting the hearings to use any of the FBI's suggestions.

6. Elle

Elle Member

This was what my three cheers were for, Shadow. Just the fact that he came right out and said it, made me feel good.

7. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

8. tylin

tylin Banned

Kangatruth,
    Good find. :takeabow:
    Looks like the FBI should take the case over immediately. ;)

9. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Too right Kanga! The FBI ought to take the challenge.

10. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you for this information, Kanga. Sounds interesting. Will read it. :)
    How's the Aussie weather? To think that I could have been there all these years. :-(

11. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Never trust a man who'd betray his own side.

12. Shadow

Prediction - the FBI will not get involved in the JBR mess unless asked to by the Colorado Governor.

13. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

They would decline. He might as well as the Canadian Mounted Police. :D

14. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Gosh, very good points about the FBI. Too bad WE'RE not the FBI. I think we could elbow OUR way into the case with your thinking hats on!

One thing y'all made me thing of: when Karr was "charged" with the murder of JonBenet, to bring back, didn't they charge HIM with kidnapping, as well? Seems I remember that because I thought it was odd.

I'll have to look it up, as there was a lot of back and forth at the time about if he was even CHARGED for the crime. Maybe y'all remember.

15. koldkase

Remember when we wrote the A.G. of the U.S., asking her [Janet Reno at the time] to investigate corruption by Hunter? Or at least, I did. The response from a low level attorney in that office was laughable. Didn't even address the allegations of corruption, which was my point, but said the MURDER investigation was under the jurisdiction of the DA of Boulder, so they couldn't investigate it. hahaha NOT what I asked them to look into, but exactly the nonsense I have learned to expect out of government now.

Anywho....

I saw a "tribute" of 500 ski instructors on the slopes of VAIL, Colorado, today, for the late President Ford. The TV anchor said Ford was an avid skier who spent a lot of time in Vail.

May I say, I've said this before: rich, powerful people...REALLY RICH, REALLY POWERFUL people...go to Colorado for its skiing and social status. BIG MONEY. BIG POWER. Presidents. Politicians. Big Business. Foreigners. A-list celebrities and movie execs. Lockheed Martin, huge WORLD-CLASS defense contractor, has divisions there, of which John Ramsey's AG was but one.

This is why I believe nobody rich in Colorado, with the right connections, will ever go down for any crime. It's not nice to send rich people to jail or prison. Why do you think Ken Lay went to Colorado and "died"? I won't believe that until I see the body and the DNA tests identifying it myself. Jeffry Skilling probaby cursed Lay because HE thought of it first, and now Skilling is in a Texas prison. Allegedly.

No, the FBI, for all their initial interest in seeing this case solved, had a reason for walking away that day, and for never interfering since. It's just one dead child, after all. Who cares? Besides us? It's not like the Ramseys were going to kill again, after all.... :duped:

16. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

and to think as an outsider ( Non American ) we all get the impresion its this very corruption that the FBI thrive on !!

Capone,,,Nixon... far bigger than some piece of turd called Ramsey !! ne c'est pas ??
    FBI lost their nuggets??

17. koldkase

OK, found this at Swamp 2:

This is just the beginning of the warrant, which goes on for about 90 pages, I think. It lists "kidnapping" many times, with various so-called "evidence." You can read the whole thing here:

http://www.bestfreeforums.com/forums/karr-arrest-warrant-vt203-sanctuary2.html

So the excellent question I think Kanga brought up: why can't the FBI still take the case if it can still be a kidnapping? Ya' got me!

18. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

gee ...
    could have sworn Kidnapping is a fed offence !! where's the G men ??

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2007
  19. Tril

Tril Member

Since when was it officially concluded that the small foreign faction was non-existent? As far as I recall, that conclusion was never drawn, at least not formally, so why isn't the FBI involved in the case?

20. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

This what I want Pendergast to write about....Alex "Media Star" Hunter is once again trying to take the blame off himself when he created the mess!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice