John Douglas' Biggest Mistake

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Sylvia, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

We have a different format from you. I think Sylvia will use the same format as me (PAL). You have NTSC (or something like that).

Actually, PMPT shows over here every few weeks on Sky Digital. I couldn't beleive it first time I saw it advertised. Then it was repeated a couple of weeks later ...and a couple of weeks after that .....and ...

2. Elle

Elle Member

It was on A & E (Arts & Entertainment) here in Ontario, a week ago. They just keep repeating their shows. Nice of you to offer to burn a CD for Sylvia.

3. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Yes Jay, that would, we are on the same region for DVD's. Tell me what you want me to do? Thanks for the offer.

Sorry for the delay in answering, but had to log off due to a problem situation here.

4. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

What's worse! The investigation is now in the hands of the prime suspects! Stop the planet! I want to get off!

5. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

OK, my DVD burner needs to be reconfigured for our new tv. Hubby is travelling just now, but when he returns, I'll ask him to tune it in (he understands these things) and I'll burn PMPT onto disk for you (probably 2 disks because it's quite long). Then I'll get you to PM me an address where I can send them to. There is one more thing. The DVD has a format too. I can't remember if it is - or +. If you have a DVD player, this may matter but I think most modern pcs recognise both.

6. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Have send a PM.

7. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

My S-I-L's father (30 years with the FBI) told me way back when Douglas got involved in the JBR case, that the general consensus in the FBI was that Robert Ressler and Greg McCrary were better profilers than Douglas, but not as good at Agency politics. Most felt that he became a whore when he took money to defend the Ramseys. My S-I-L's father joked that it only took Douglas 5 days to determine they were innocent - for another $50K he could have done it in just three.

I, BTW, met McCrary when he was helping the Sheriff's office (as an unpaid consultant) on the Spotsylvania, VA kidnapping and murder case many years ago. His profile proved to be right-on when the killer was finally identified. As I recall, my S-I-L’s father told me that the Silence of the Lambs head guy and agent (Jodie Foster) were combinations of several profilers that included but wasn’t limited to Ressler, McCrary and Douglas.

8. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Shadow, I’ve seen an interview with Douglas somewhere on the internet in which he states that the FBI and former colleagues had completely dissociated themselves from him after he got involved in the Ramsey case. (Can’t find it anymore.) Whether that is the truth, I don’t know.

I always thought Ressler and McCrary were the better profilers. I read several books written by Ressler. He is the opposite of Douglas. He is not pompous, self-absorbed, and arrogant like Douglas who is never willing to admit he was wrong. As far as McCrary is concerned, I think his involvement in Waco is a perfect example of the not being good in Agency politics.

http://www.johndouglasmindhunter.com/newsletter/021114.php

Interesting it mentions the JBR case...only he is not so accurate, as per usual!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice