John Karr's High School Handwriting

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Nikeo, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Hey

Chero says it's OK to write about this.

Chero knows me to be a big sceptic about the handwriting evidence and she offered to participate in an experiment to prove that it wasn't mumbo jumbo.

So we gathered handwriting samples from a group of people. We each write out the "London Letter" using both our dominant and non-dominant hands using the same kind of pen. These were then jumbled up and presented to Chero in no particular order.

She then proceeded to corectly marry up the samples and say whether they'd been written by a male or female. I was gobsmacked by her accuracy - especially as a few of the samples were rather similar (to me). We even threw a red herring in which she detected. As a bonus, she even stated what part of the world the writer was from (Europe, US, Oz) AND she did a little personality profile of the writer which was stunning.

2. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Tricia has a small sample of my handwriting which we joked about years ago getting it analyzed to rule me out but if there is ever a lull in the activity here, I would love to have Cherokee do my analysis.

I believe in this stuff, always have and would love to know what she reads into it.

If she has the time. I don't know if you do this for a living, but if you do I would be happy to pay for your time Cherokee

3. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Tracey

"Tracey, the professor, refused to discuss the e-mails he received from Karr."

One wonders how in the world Tracey, the Professor, ever found time to keep up a voluminous correspondence with John Karr, play detective with Lou Smit, produce crocumentaries, write a column for the Boulder paper, attend nightly pot and booze parties in Boulder, and at the same time prepare lectures for his journalism courses, mentor students, and write a couple of books.

What a Renaissance Man...NOT!!!

4. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Barbara, I would be happy to do a handwriting analysis for you. :)

I began studying handwriting analysis because of my interest in psychology (my college minor). Since you are a professional psychologist, I understand your interest in it as well. Just send me a PM, and we'll get the ball rolling.

5. Jayelles

Zotto is Chero and KK's agent. You'll have to go through her!

6. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Cherokee, I'm waiting with bated breath!

7. Cherokee

Ah Punisher, I promise I'm working on it. I feel like I'm in a whirlwind trying to keep up with all the news reports, read posts and work on analysis. And wouldn't you know it, "real life" and people like FAMILY also keep intruding!

But don't worry, it's coming. :)

8. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Thank you!

9. Cherokee

You're welcome, but my family thinks I've deserted them, so I'm banning myself from the computer tonight. I won't have a chance to really work on the comparisons and assemble the graphics until tomorrow evening. (It takes a lot of cut and paste.) At the slow rate I work, (I have these terrible perfectionistic tendencies), it may be the first of next week before I'm able to start posting any analysis.

In the meantime, you can take comfort in what the Secret Service agent said about Karr's handwriting and the ransom note. It doesn't match.

10. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

fox news tonight

they are now claiming that a handwriting analyst for the washington post is saying there is a match between his handwriting and the ransom note. I am not making this up - the talking heads are agreeing this means he must have done it. I could just tear my hair out. :x

11. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Ok, what show are you referring to? FoxNews has had their D List anchors and talking heads on all day. They still haven't figured out the Santa Bear is no mystery. Did they actually give a NAME for this analyst?

I hope it's true. I WANT A TRIAL! :bigstick:

12. Ginja

Ginja Member

Sbtc

Don't you think that if Karr had written "I shall be the conqueror" in that yearbook entry or whatever, wouldn't he have signed the ransom note:

Victory!
    I.S.B.T.C.

???

To me, it just doesn't make sense to sign something, "shall be the conqueror".

Also, if in the past he wrote I shall be the conqueror, then if he had really been with JonBenet, then in his mind he was the conqueror, and so he'd sign the ransom note:

Victory!
    I.A.T.C.

Anyways, I think they're really stretching it here in taking seriously this SBTC signature as "shall be the conqueror". That's not what he wrote, he wrote "I" shall be the conqueror.

Because if the DA's office thinks that's such a perfect fit, why don't they also go with JR's words (from Showme's posts) that his company will be "swallowed by the competition".

I mean, that's how far fetched this is...at least to me anyway.

I still don't understand why they don't keep it simple, and see that it's Patsy's signature line of "signed by the captain".

Occam's Razor.

13. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

sorry

I was just walking past the tube and overheard someone on fox news, a lady with long dark hair, say that an analyst for the Post said the writing was a match. Then her current talking head said that seems to be significant or something to that effect. Then she put on a picture of the ransom note and JMK's signature. She seems convinced that "shall be the conquerer" is a big clue. I think she is really clueless.

14. koldkase

Ok, thanks, Texan. Like I said, they've dragged out the airheads to fill in. The weekend news anchors are the rookies who are being "trained," more or less.

I think the SBTC crap is silly. It's a coincidence. Period. But there are so many strange coincidences like that in this case, it's hard not to believe that there is some perverse and wicked force at work here. You know...if I believed such things....

15. Cherokee

I know I told you I wouldn't have most of the analysis done until Monday sometime, and even then, maybe only part of it ... but I can't stand it.

I hate posting only small pieces of the analysis before it is finished, but there is so much crap being said in the media about Karr's handwriting, I decided I needed to get at least SOMETHING out there so people could see the truth.

Karr's handwriting is NOT a match, and I will start posting why. Like I said, I don't usually like to show this type of analysis in cut-up sections because the best handwriting analysis is a composite of the whole picture ... not, this "n" matches or this "w" matches , etc. But, a person has to start somewhere, so I'll try to show some of the comparisons made by a COMPETENT handwriting analyst, like the former Secret Service agent and not the goofballs at the Washington Post.

The following graphic illustrates just one point of comparison between Karr's handwriting in 1982 and the ransom note written in 1996.

The word "you" in both samples has many different variations, and we will discuss those further in later posts, but the main exemplar I want you to notice is the lowercase letter "u" in the word "you."

Please note that Karr finishes the letter "u" with a tail. This tail comes down to the baseline and finishes with a little hook towards the next word or punctuation mark.

However, the writer of the ransom note writes their lowercase letter "u" WITHOUT a tail. They write the cup of the "u" and leave the stroke in the air, not returning to the baseline.

In essence, Karr finishes his lowercase "u"s, the ransom note writer does not. This is a consistent difference, and only one of many.

Even though our handwriting may change through the years in terms of slant, inflation of loops, zone structure, etc., it is RARE for a person to change how they connect (or disconnect) lowercase letters to the baseline.

I wish I had more time to construct and post more samples right now, but I will try to do so in the coming days. I don't want people to get the wrong idea that handwriting can be matched, or unmatched, based on just a few letters. It is much more complicated than that and involves spacing, zones, rhythm, pressure, and many other individual traits.

Attached Files:

16. tylin

tylin Banned

Cherokee,
    Thank you so much for doing this. Many people appreciate your devotion to this case and to the truth. :thumbsup: :star3d: :takeabow: :yay: :hug:

17. epc

epc Banned

Hi, Cherokee! Wow, just saw the explanation and examples of the "u" from both exemplars! Those "u's" are not alike at all. This is cool. Can't wait for more of your nifty analysis!!!

gaia :abnormal:

18. Jayelles

Breaking News ....... Dave (self-appointed expert of all things) has just proclaimed that he thinks:-

Is there no end to this man's talents????

http://www.webbsleuths.org/dcforum/DCForumID72/89.html

19. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Right...I'm going to take his word over the man who headed up the INS document division for 30 years!

Cherokee, thank you so much!

20. koldkase

Hey, Cherokee, you need to start a new thread with your comparison. This thread is too long.

Also, have you seen the job application they have at the swamp with Karr writing in caps? Oh, wait, that's the one Jayelles linked to. You should look at that and add it to your work.

hahaha You wicked woman, your work is nevah done in the guttah!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice