John Ramsey leaving country?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Now, now, lets not contribute to the kidnapper stereotype... I'm sure THESE GENTLEMEN had decent dental plans. :D

2. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

LOL ... I love it!!!

I really shouldn't confess this here, but I collect books on American regional speech, dialects and vocabulary. That's not the bad part. Here's the shameful part of my confession ... I actually sit and READ them for pleasure, enjoying all the variations in language and cultural references. Sometimes, I even laugh out loud.

There. I've said it. I'm a linguistiholic. There is no cure. :)

3. Cherokee

You said it better than I did, KK. That is EXACTLY what was trying to convey. It doesn't really matter if the person referred to is really a gentleman, or if you're being nice or sarcastic. The point is that the female SPEAKER of the word "gentleman" would like her listeners to think she was raised a "gentlewoman" and not white trash.

4. Pope

Pope New Member

John

John is not going anywhere. Me thinks he doth protesteth too much.

Lin Wood and John broke this story.

John is probably gearing up for his next campaign.

5. Karole28

Karole28 Banned

Girrl, I am the same way, I listen for dialects and word usage, phrasing, etc. I'm nowhere near a professional like yourself, I just find it interesting.

One of my best friends is a lady of the African-American persuasion from Detroit of all places, and I find it hilarious at how much we have in common regarding our sayings, style and belief systems. (superstitions, home remedies, moon phases, etc)

I hate it how we're losing our accents and phrases here in the deep south. We're homogenizing to the point of being unrecognizable. But, that's an entirely different thread, and I'm not fixinta highjack thisun.

:usa:

6. Cherokee

Ah, my soulmate. :hug:

It's too bad you live so far away. I could bring over my 749 page "Dictionary of American Regionalisms" for a really rollicking night of kick-butt entertainment! :headbang:

7. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

John has an interview tonight with LKL.

Think he will pack tomorrow?

8. epc

epc Banned

Ha, I'm from North Carolina and get this little monthly magazine from the local energy cooperative. There's a special feature where the readers send in their comments from childhood in "YOU KNOW YOU'RE FROM NC IF YOU..." and it's chock full of really weird sayings, home remedies, crazy beliefs, etc. I just love it. Can't get over how many of us grew up with all that stuff in common. :crosseyed

9. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

It's not pretty when John gets angry.....

Attached Files:

• jr.bmp
      File size:
      631.2 KB
      Views:
  10. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

He's not too pretty when he's not angry either :yuck:

He is such a sour puss, it's hard to tell either way what mood he's in!

11. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Good lord! Look at that hand! How many fingers does he have, anyway?

It's like one of those movie special effects...coming at ya'...could a garrote be far behind...? :runaway:

12. koldkase

So...a few questions pop up for me....

If Wood said John Ramsey is so mad at the press he might never speak to them again...was that before or after he booked John for LKL?

And if John was so hounded by the press, along with Burke, when taking Burke back to school...where are THOSE pictures. Have I missed them? Because I haven't seen ONE CURRENT PICTURE of John since this broke.

I'd like to see those throngs hounding him like John Karr was being thronged.

[Is "thronged" a word, or did I make up this verb? The language centers of my brain have overloaded trying to keep up with the second-by-second data error messages flashing over the last 6 days and smoke is coming out of my ears.]

I know Pam had the press outside her dad's home, smiling and sitting for interviews all over the news. Is that what John was upset about? Wouldn't that be at PAM'S behest? I mean, you sit and talk to the press day after day in a news story that YOUR FAMILY BROKE to the press...what did John expect? He and Patsy talked to the press and gave interviews up until Patsy couldn't sit and talk anymore, within months of her death.

Oh, not to mention, JOHN ran for public office, as well, again, using JonBenet's murder for all the press it would garner. Almost worked, too! Didn't bother him THEN when the press showed up, did it?

I don't quite get it. Call the press and then complain when they show up? Whine and threaten to leave the country if they don't leave you alone?

Then appear on LKL?

Those Ramseys. They're just full of mixed messages, aren't they?

13. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

The only real PRESS I got here in NY was of John getting in and flying
    HIS OWN PERSONAL AIRPLANE. Other than that there were no photos that I saw.

The one he managed to own, while everyone was talking about how they spent all their money??????????????

The one he managed to own while he was collecting campaign contributions?

If I were John, crying poverty via all his supporters, I'd be pretty damn :(:(:(:(ed off also to show me on TV getting in and flying my PRIVATE PLANE! :nono:

14. koldkase

Like I said...mixed messages.

They consider having ONLY ONE PLANE being poor....

15. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Great point!

Lord knows I have tried by best to keep up but maybe somehow I missed the coverage or photos of the assault from the press!

Am I slacking?
    :banme:

16. koldkase

No, I was thinking about this problem last night.

How do you watch 10 TV channels at once? And listen to Boyles radio? And keep up with internet forum info? And read articles on the net? 24/7?

All while vacantly looking in the direction of your family and pretending you're listening to anything they're saying? While maintaining some kind of normal work and bodily funcitons?

No wonder we're exhausted.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice