JonBenet CD on eBay

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little_Angel_1990, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Cookie

Cookie Member

Color or B&W

Little Angel,
    A few of the images, when JB was a baby, were taken in color. Most the the photos are black and white andfyes, they did colorize them. I'm kind of a purist when it comes to photography and I prefer the orginal black and white.

Scream Baby! SCREAM! will sell first on ebay and then amazon.com. Once it gets to the bookstores, they will add a 50% commission, which I understand is standard procedure. You might want to grab a copy at the early stage.

2. Elle

Elle Member

If Jameson truly, genuinely cared, Jay, she could have deposited her cash in the "JonBenét Foundation Fund" You know, the one that Patsy and John Ramsey set up, with the statement in their "Death of Innocence" book that all proceeds would go to this foundation, and when inquiries were made, there was zippo $$$$ in it.

Just think, Jameson had the chance to save her own face as well as theirs.

3. Thanks Cookie!

Yes I figured they were colored. They did so well you wouldn't even know they were B&W. Was that whole Motherhood shoot of the Ramseys B&W? Those pictures of JonBenet as a baby, 1 with Burke, about 3 (Winter 1992) are so adorable!

Thanks for clearing this up.

-LA 90'

4. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

Okay, but I seriously thought the one with the hat was Grandpa from the Munsters...back in the MGB photo...
    Too cool, Cookie. Love the photog effects.

The truth is the truth, no matter what the BONGs think (Bent On Not Guilty).

I think that if you hang out with a BONG too much, it will skew your ability to think clearly.

5. Elle

Elle Member

Ah! I missed this thread. So that's why they are standing so stiff. I thought exactly the same as Tricia, that it was for some funny event.

It's been a while since I did read about this. I remember now, "The Salute to American Justice."

I hate being a Senior. :-(

6. tylin

tylin Banned

Elle,
    As always, thank you for bumping up this old thread. It's chock full of information.

7. Elle

Elle Member

Sometimes it's good to read over old threads, tylin. I hate it when I can't remember everything. Some days there are so many other things on my mind, and it's hard to remember everything related to this case. I keep hoping something startling will happen, and John Ramsey will be charged for assisting Patsy in this JonBenét cover up plot, but hopefully nothing like the John Mark Karr fiasco. Even we Internet sleuths knew he was a phoney. :)

I enjoy your posts tylin.

8. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Elle, I can't elucidate as I'm just repeating what I heard a talking head once say about charging "conspiracy to commit obstruction" in Colorado law: first the crime has to be tried and convicted BEFORE "obstruction" charges can be brought. I guess the logic is that unless you can prove there was a crime committed, you can't prove that there was an obstruction of justice in that criminal case.

At least, I think that's how I remember it.

Anyway, all alleged conspirators of obstruction in this case gave a great sigh of relief once Patsy died. They know they are home free.

9. tylin

tylin Banned

awww Thank you dear Elle and I enjoy your post too. I wish I had lots of free time. I could literally spend hours here reading the old threads. You all have such wonderful post. I love to scroll back a few years and pick a thread to read. There's so much I've forgotten about the case.

10. Elle

Elle Member

It beats watching TV and putting up with commercials, tylin, doesn' it? So much to choose from. :)

11. Elle

Elle Member

Thanks KK.

12. koldkase

Bumped for "Mothers Gone Bad" photo and Cookie's/Judith Phillips' softball stories: regarding whether the black bat found outside the home belonged to Patsy. Patsy denied knowing anything about the bat or recognizing it, but it was a women's softball bat, I believe.

Also, here is more detail about the Ramseys' involvement with the softball team, from another thread (Cookie is Judith Phillips, BTW):

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1033&highlight=softball&page=7

Here is an enlarged photo of the bat in question:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  13. koldkase

Here is a re-post of Cookie's/Judith's photo of the team, sans Patsy (posted on page 4 of this thread):

[​IMG]

And here is one story about the team, also repeated from this thread on page 3 (for those in a hurry, but I would recommend reading it because Judith has some interesting observations of the Ramsey family and friends):

14. fr brown

fr brown Member

I'm intimately familiar with every piece of sports equipment my daughter has. I buy it; I make sure she has it with her; I carry it; We play with it. John would know if it's Burke's bat because they played baseball together in the yard, but Lou Smit doesn't want to know if he recognizes that bat, the mystery bat. In fact Smit cuts him off in the middle of his answer:

19 LOU SMIT: I am going to show you a
    20 picture, and again this is photograph number
    21 434, it's a photograph of a bat and it appears
    22 to be in the yard and this is a close-up of the
    23 same bat and I would like to show both pictures
    24 and it's for photograph 435.
    25 JOHN RAMSEY: Well, that sort of
    1 looks like Burke's bat. I could probably tell
    2 exactly if it was or not, but looks familiar.
    3 It wouldn't be unusual for it to be lying out in
    4 the yard, because it just kind of just got
    5 dropped where it was left.
    6 LOU SMIT: I am going to show you
    7 another bat. It's photograph number 410. This
    8 was found in a different location and I will
    9 show you a picture of that bat.
    10 JOHN RAMSEY: Um, it's hard for me
    11 to tell whether it's similar, but --
    12 LOU SMIT: Do you know what area of
    13 the house that is?
    14 JOHN RAMSEY: Looks like it -- I
    15 know what it is. It's -- it is there it is
    16 here -- it's probably right in here.
    17 LOU SMIT: The area of the north
    18 window?
    19 JOHN RAMSEY: Right.

20 (MULTIPLE SPEAKERS.)
    21 JOHN RAMSEY: Right. This down
    22 spout came down right there, right there -- no,
    23 over here. Well, yeah, it was here. But that's
    24 definitely in this area.
    25 LOU SMIT: Do you ever recall
    1 seeing a bat there?
    2 JOHN RAMSEY: No, that doesn't
    3 belong there. When we played baseball we played
    4 right out here, because that's the only place
    5 you could hit a ball, and that yard kind of
    6 stretched back this way. But you know, I don't
    7 know why there would be a bat there.

Maybe the bat was where it was because the end of it was used to break the window? The hole was described as the size of a baseball, as I recall.

15. koldkase

Totally agree, Fr brown. Even as grandparents, we have had several bats we've purchased for kids' teams, from t-ball up. We had to choose the right length, weight, age appropriate for the stage of development...it's just silly for both the Ramseys to say they don't recognize the bat. Even I, who decidedly do not play ball, know about lengths, prices, etc. If Burke had two or three bats or more, I could understand them saying, oh, he's got so many, I can't remember them all...something like that.

But when the Ramseys start denying the obvious, that's when I know something is up. Either they're attempting to create "evidence" of an intruder, or there is something about that item that makes them want to distance it from themselves.

So...ta da...the mysterious bat outside the butler door which nobody in the family claims. Did they plant it? Or was that just another lucky break they could play up as "mysterious"? Well, it's in the Enquirer now, as belonging to "the intruder."

Ha! I guess the intruder liked to play girl's softball, too. Great "investigative reporting," Gentile. That's what listening to jams gets you: a tranny killed JonBenet. Maybe it was PERV Karr after all. :rolleyes:

I so hope LE followed that lead; I can't see the brand on the bat, and I tried once to find a logo that fit what we can see. I found something similar, but as far as I remember, my research was about 12 years later, so mostly I just learned about various bat types and costs, etc., and that this was in fact a women's softball bat. I thought I posted on it at this forum, but can't find it in a search, so....

As I mentioned on another forum, what I also find interesting is that neither Patsy nor John mentions the "Mothers Gone Bad" softball team, even when Patsy is asked specifically if she is a baseball or SOFTBALL fan. You'd think, since they "know" there's an intruder out there who might have left this mysterious bat, might have BEATEN their child in the head with it, for god's sake, they'd have brought up that softball team of Patsy's. You know...that one piece of info leading to the killer? Hello? HELLOOOO?

I swear, for people whose lives are devoted to finding this ONE LEAD, this CREATURE, with all the WORLD-CLASS DETECTIVES searching high and low for 14 years, they sure MISS THE MOST OBVIOUS CLUES WHICH THEY THEMSELVES HOLD THE KEY TO.... Wonder why that is?

16. koldkase

I'm thinking we need a thread with this "softball team" and bat info, titled as such so it will be easy to find in the future.

Anyhow, I found out why I can't find this info here; I didn't post it here. I put it on topix.com in the JBR forum. So just to keep the record, and if anyone wants the details, I had saved the posts from topix:

17. fr brown

fr brown Member

You know she's going to go out and buy herself a bat when she joins the softball team. So if the bat in evidence one wasn't hers, where was hers?

She probably bought it locally and I bet the cops know where.

18. koldkase

Patsy was known for going all out, wasn't she...no pun intended.

Surely LE did their work on that bat. It's too easy!

So either they know John and Patsy were bullchitting them, or they at least know the bat was not theirs because they've asked everyone around them who would know, including the Ramseys' friends and the women and coach on "Mothers Gone Bad," or no one has been really investigating this case since 1998, including the BPD, BDA, and the Ramseys.

19. fr brown

fr brown Member

I interpret the following exchange as the police trying to lock Patsy into her story without tipping their mitts about how much they know. She has already volunteered that metal bats are expensive so she's not quite as ignorant as she makes out.

2 TOM HANEY: Okay. Do you recognize this
    3 particular bat?

4 PATSY RAMSEY: Not, you know, like I said,
    5 Burke would be the better one to know which was
    6 his bat and which wasn't.

7 TOM HANEY: Sure.

8 PATSY RAMSEY: Uh-huh (yes).

9 TOM HANEY: And would you be able to
    10 distinguish one bat from another?

11 PATSY RAMSEY: Probably not.

12 TOM HANEY: Okay. Not a big baseball,
    13 softball fan, player?

14 PATSY RAMSEY: No.

15 TOM HANEY: Okay.

16 PATSY RAMSEY: Unh-unh (no).

I notice that she doesn't quite commit to saying it's not her bat. She says that Burke would know better which of the two bats was his, but in doing so she admits that one of them isn't [his bat].

20. koldkase

Yes, Haney scored a few points here and there, didn't he? But Hunter not only wasn't intending to use anything in these interviews, Thomas said this was the moment when he decided to quit: watching Hunter talk on his cell phone during the Ramsey interviews instead of watching them as they took place. Considering the length of time it took to even get the Ramseys in, all the deals Hunter made to get them there, and the national attention to the case, not to mention a child murderer on the loose, I can understand Thomas' frustration. Hunter had already given away the case, as it was.

Anyone else noticing the Chandra Levy murder trial? With little evidence and mostly just previous arrests for attacks on two women in the area, that DA is bringing this defendant to trial 10 years later. Whether the DA wins or not, at least he's trying! Hunter had a MOUNTAIN of evidence against the Ramseys...but all he did was destroy the case, piece by piece, year by year.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice