JonBenet's Hair. An unanswered question

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Lora13

Lora13 Member

"What are the parents of these pageant children aiming for - their little girls to become a Miss America of the future?"

There reallly isn't just one answer for this question. My mother pushed us into the pageants because she "didn't want us to be shy..." Of course that was BS. Her motive was not to benefit us, but to benefit herself. I never really cared for the pageants, but I liked going to photo shoots and getting my nails and hair done. However, some of the girls I met at the pageants were obessed with it and so were their parents (especially the mothers). Like the Ramseys most of the girl's mothers were either models or competed in pageants at some point in their lives. In most cases kids just start out modeling... and then before you know it you are being sucked into other things (like pageants). And, yes, some of the girls actually dream about being Miss USA someday -- of course most of this is fed to them by their parents.

"I still shudder when I think of Lou Smit saying JonBenét was a pedophile's dream. I find his interpretation disgusting, Lora, forgive me I really do!"

It is a scary thought to think that at some point some sicko could have been watching me or my sisters at one of those pageants... However, I don't believe that JonBenet's pageants are what led to her death. But of course, that is always a possibility. We may never know. I will say this though, I don't regret modeling in general. For my two sisters that have gone to be with the Lord, those pictures, home vidoes, and memories are the only things that I have to remember them by. So I can understand why Patsy feels the way she does about the pictures she has of JonBenet... To her they will always be beautiful because that is all that she has left of the daughter she once knew. I read an article awhile back (I can't remember where at the moment, if I find it I'll post it later) where somebody had interviewed Patsy or a friend of the family had spoke on behalf of her or something like that... Anyway, Patsy was saying that she regreted having JonBenet in those pageants because she believed that the monster who killed her had been watching her the whole time. Now that is not a direct quote or anything... But Patsy said something along those lines... I will try to find that article.

2. Stress/abuse?

But there were some dark secrets. She had continuing problem with wetting her bed, regressing in her toilet training in the months before her death. Occasionally she would even defecate in the bed and at one point was wetting or soiling her underpants during the day. She would not wipe adequately after bowel movement. This would no do for a beauty queen.

It's also been said that JonBenet would ask adults to come wipe when she was done on the toilet. I don't think that's normal. I mean, at 6, every child should know better than to ask someone to come wipe her. It didn't matter who wiped her, a man or woman would come to assist her. What's so hard about wiping in a six year old?? It was so bad that people would start to ignore her calls and I think that's what lead to JonBenet's frequent vaginal infections from not wiping well or not wiping at all. She probably thought "Oh well, no one's coming," and just pulled up her pants and left the bathroom. The frequent diarrhea came from stress when Patsy was sick and maybe even from abuse. Getting stomach aches and diarrhea from anxiety is typical from abuse victims that young. Who knows if this is true, it could be a virus, but these are just assumptions, since I have always wondered about her many visits to the doctor. I think they're hiding something.

When Patsy was sick and JonBenet went to stay with her grandmother, Suzanne Savage, the baby-sitter, helped care for JonBenet. During that time, JonBenet regressed in her potty training and eating habits. Maybe because this was a stressful time for her? She missed her Mommy? I think all the bed-wetting and defecating in bed when there's a bathroom right across her room, something is very wrong. Maybe she's been sexually assaulted to a point she was afraid to get up and use the bathroom and had no choice but to go in bed? Maybe the sexual incidents took place in there? I just think it's weird how an older child has so many problems with the potty business, I think Patsy didn't pay a lot of attention to her. I think if it weren't for Suzanne, JonBenet would have never been taught to even use a toilet! That's how bad I think it was. I mean, Patsy wasn't there, she was sick, and I'm sure JonBenet would've felt comfortable with her mom potty training her. Her grandmother was hardly there either because she was too busy caring for Patsy. Suzanne was in charge.

Was Patsy ever deeply questioned about JonBenet's bizarre bathroom habits? Patsy must've said: "I don't remember." A 6 year old wearing pull ups during the day and while she's AWAKE?? Come on! I don't understand why she wouldn't just go use the bathroom. Maybe JonBenet was getting lazy with her bathroom hygeine? Or again, she was too scared to use the bathroom? Maybe because she was calling on adults to wipe her, someone punished her by assulting her to make her stop counting on people all the time. That lead to JonBenet's bathroom fear and that's also when the whole pull up thing happened going in her pants during the day. I'm surprised this wasn't furthur investigated. I wonder how she was in school? Did she wear pull ups to school?

Six days later, during a party at her parents’ home, a family friend came across a JonBenet who was seldom seen. The child was immaculate in a holiday frock, and her platinum blond hair was done perfectly, but she sat alone on a staircase in the butler’s kitchen, crying softly. The friend sat beside her.
    “What’s wrong, honey?â€
    Little Miss Christmas sobbed, “I don’t feel pretty.â€

Was this really true or something Thomas made up? It's been dawning on me on whether this was really true or not.

Also, it's been said that about two weeks before she died, JonBenet went and saw the school nurse on the two Mondays before she died. Does anyone know what was the reason why she went to the nurse's office?

3. Elle

Elle Member

Looks like you've been hitting the books, LA going over all of this. I think you would need to dive into the archives to read all the posts relating to JonBenét's toilet habits. Steve Thomas questioned Nedra Paugh in Atlanta about JonBenét's toilet habits, and confirmed most of what you stated about JB yelling for anyone to come and help her get cleaned up, but didn't like where the questioning was going.

I think it all boils down to Patsy Ramsey being lazy with JonBenét, where toilet training was concerned, and "gung ho" with the child beauty pageants. She just couldn't get it right. It's obvious what was more important to Patsy, wasn't it?

4. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Regarding the first ponytail... Didn't JonBenet often wear her hair in what is called a flat ponytail? It is where you take the side and top strands of hair, brush them together and fasten them at the top of the head near the back, leaving the hair on the back of the head unfastened. She is wearing such a ponytail on the back cover of the hardback edition of DOI and it also looks like she has a messy one in the Christmas morning photos. The second one seems it would have been fastened near the nape of the neck in a lower ponytail. This is the one that interests me. Was the lower ponytail fastened as a means of getting her hair out of the way for the "strangulation"? And Patsy did say on LKL that this one photo of JonBenet was her favorite, the one on the back of the paperback version of DOI that shows JonBenet from behind wearing her hair in a lower ponytail.

-Tea

5. Elle

Elle Member

icedtea4me:
    icedtea:
    you must have a different edition than I have. I have a hardback DOI ISBN #0-7852-6816-2 ... (c) 2000 John and Patsy Ramsey. The photograph on the back of this hardback has JonBenét in the navy jacket with white trim, facing the camera with a white bow on top of her hair, a fringe in front and her hair worn down at the sides.

I also have a paperback which does have a very small photo of JonBenét with her hair pulled back low at the back with a flower type hairtie or band.

I think the strangulation was part of the staging, so it wouldn't matter what way her hair was styled, when hypothetically, her head was either in collision with the bathroom tub, or struck with a heavy object to cause the head injury. The garrote was part of the staging to make it look like a sexual predator had committed the crime.

JonBenét's body was washed down, and the ponytails put in place. No intruder would have had the time to commit the crime; take the time to write a three page ransom note, and then decide to wash the body clean, and then take time to put her hair in ponytails. Too many signs of a mother's touch here. An intruder looking for fun and games wouldn't care what state the body was left in.

6. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

I have the same book, Elle, and with a slight correction on my part it appears to me like she's wearing a modified flat ponytail, meaning that some but not all of the hair on the sides is brushed back.

And, sorry, but I don't understand where in my post you got the impression that I'm pro-intruder because I'm not. The reason why I mentioned Patsy's fav pic of JonBenet is because it would have been the same view the killer(s) had of her as she was being strangled.

7. Elle

Elle Member

iced tea, I didn't get the impression you were pro-intruder, I was just stating my own opinion in relation to you querying:

As a matter of interest, who do you have in mind fastening her hair in this way for a strangulation?

I personally feel if someone is coming behind a female with a low pony tail, I don't think checking the hair out would come into play. The rope would be thrown around her neck and tightened, hair and all.

On the other hand, if the female was already half dead and lying on her back, placing the rope around the neck and under the pony tail would be a lot easier.

I also take it that you are assuming there was no head injury first here? I think the head injury came first, and she was close to death when Patsy Ramsey and maybe John Ramsey (?) decided to end her life quickly, when they discovered she was still breathing. Hypothetically and jmo of course.

I too, don't see where you got the impression I was addressing you personally. I was just stating my own opinion.

btw iced tea I always grasp the opportunity to keep inserting there was no intruder whenever I get the chance. We all do. We have to, if we are ever going to find justice for little JonBenét Ramsey. So ... no offence meant - okay! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2005
  8. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Elle, I feel this is something Patsy would have done, but not that she did the strangulation part. IMO, she links John to that act in the last line of the note "It is up to you now John!" There is a line coming down from the J connected to a teardrop-shaped o that, when isolated, resembles a noose.

As do I based on the extensive amount of scalp hemorrhage. The blow to the head, I feel, was done by Patsy and it was due to an act of provocation by JonBenet herself.

Okay. :) Sorry I took offence!

9. Elle

Elle Member

icedtea:
    I'm wondering what Cherokee's thoughts on this teardrop o would be (?). Have you read her analysis here? I just looked at this teardrop o in the ransom note, and I would have put this down to a slip from her felt pen, but
    the ransom note in itself is a One Act Play, by Patsy Ramsey.

Yes, this could have happened this way, through provocation and the end result was the nasty head injury, and if JonBenét was still alive, and was finished off through strangulation (not with the garrote) because it wasn't made properly to allow the tightening of the noose, according to Delmar England's analysis, this was an amateur's attempt, then as Deja said in one of her posts, it becomes a homicide. I have to agree with her.

I'm sorry too, iced tea., if this is the way it appeared. I'll know better the next time. :)

10. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Yes, I've read Cherokee's analysis and found it to be very fascinating with all the hard work and detail she put into it. However, there's more to this note than meets the eye as I have detected little picture clues which I sense came from her subconscious as she, Patsy, was writing it. And, sorry, but I tend to see the note as a confession.

-Tea

11. Elle

Elle Member

I hope you'll post about your little picture clues, IT. I'm always interested in something I've never read about before in this case. Hoping someone else will come up with something the detectives, or we posters have missed. It doesn't matter if no one else agrees with you. You are stating your own opinion, and there might be something valuable in what you have to say.

I think there's one thing we all agree on IT, and that is this ransom note is the most important clue of all. Looking forward to reading about your clues,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice