JR's Interview....Inconsistances/LIES

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by AMES, May 16, 2007.

1. AMES

AMES Member

Yeppers...it boggles MY mind to. He must be pretty slow, if he doesn't know what a bike is. LOL

I would like to know where all of those bikes were too. That is pretty weird..that they would just disappear....I mean, IF they ever existed to begin with. I just couldn't imagine John, taking time out of his busy schedule, to go on bike rides with his family. I just cannot picture it.....afterall...there was money and connections to be made. And I believe that those things were way more important to him than his family. Sad to say.....

2. AMES

AMES Member

The Basement...

I find it odd that when told to search the house, to find things that are maybe out of place, John heads directly to the basement. She was "kidnapped" from her bedroom, not the basement....doesn't that seem like the most logical place to scour from top to bottom?? If my child were taken from her BEDROOM, and one of the investigators told me to search the house for anything out of place...I wouldn't say..."Gee...where should I search first. Let's see...she was taken from her bedroom....SO...I believe that I will search the basement first". Why, in that big, ole, honking house of his....did he decide to go down to the basement first, to look for things that were out of place?? JB had a balcony outside her bedroom, right? The first thing that I would have thought, is that the intruder used a ladder or a rope...to climb up to the balcony...and to gain access to her room. Why didn't he check OTHER places first, that seemed more logical? Because he knew JB was in that cellar, thats why...and he got tired of the police and investigators dinking around. Were they EVER going to FIND her??

3. Elle

Elle Member

To me, this is the part which falls apart in this case. John Ramsey on the floor under the hall light, according to Patsy. This was the Ramseys creating their hysterical scene, with Patsy distraught while on the phone. It would come off much better than the cool CEO making this call.

Much better that "Oh De Drama Patsy" makes this call. It sounded very false to me, when I listened to the recording. All that heavy breathing etc.,

4. heymom

heymom Member

And when Patsy breathlessly describes JonBenet as "She's six years old...(breath) She's blonde..." She just HAD to get that in, that JonBenet's hair color is blonde. On the 48 hours Mystery program, they transcribed that as "She's GONE." What a joke.

Burke DID NOT sleep through this. Not if it was anything like what Patsy and John described. And any normal parent would have awakened Burke immediately to see if he knew or had heard anything. There is NO REASON to leave Burke innocently slumbering while his little sister is missing. Why? They were worried that he wasn't getting enough sleep? That he would get in the way? Or that if he were out of his room, he just might find JonBenet's body himself and ruin the set-up?

5. AMES

AMES Member

Wake Him Up!!!

ST: You mentioned on the morning on the 26th after the note was discovered, certainly you wanted to check on your son, and you went and he was in his room unharmed, I’m assuming. And it was a conscious decision or did you simply want to get back to Patsy, to let him sleep through this episode?

JR: Well, I think he was asleep and that was the best place for him to be for awhile.
    ST: And then later in the morning, and I’m guessing and correct me if I’m wrong, but it’s 7 or 8 o’clock at some point, you went up and awaked him, and he ultimately went to the White’s home. Did he stay in his room, was he undisturbed this whole time?

Guess he never thought about the fact that the intruder/kidnapper/murderer/foreign faction could be hiding under Burke's bed, or in his closet. And I guess he never thought to WAKE UP his sleeping son, to ask him if he had seen or heard ANYTHING. I would have been jerking his butt up, screaming..."YOUR SISTER IS GONE....TELL ME SON...DID YOU SEE ANYTHING, DID YOU HEAR ANYTHING...ANYTHING AT ALL??!?!??!?! WE HAVE TO GET YOU OUT OF HERE BOY, ITS NOT SAFE. THE KIDNAPPER COULD STILL BE IN THE HOUSE SOMEWHERE, AND HE COULD MAYBE BE IN YOUR ROOM.!!!!!!! GET OUT OF HERE SON!!!! That's what I would have done....and then I would have taken him and not let him out of my sight. They wanted to let him sleep....and obviously not burden him with the fact that his little sister was missing. What? Did they not think that he would notice?? I mean, he HAD to wake up SOMETIME!!! Its just a weird, weird situation.

6. AMES

AMES Member

Yeah, Patsy was the drama queen of the family. She could "act" upset...and be able to pull it off. John on the other hand...was calm, cool and collected....I mean, if HE were to have called 911...he would have been totally unconvincing....and OH MY GOSH....they may have been ARRESTED!! No, it was better to let Patsy, the actress/drama queen do it. She is better at faking, than John was. That ransom note, and the 911 call...was right up her alley.

7. AMES

AMES Member

8. heymom

heymom Member

They may have given away the old bikes before buying/hiding the new ones...We just went through this phase - the kids have outgrown the old bikes and we haven't replaced them yet. So if the Ramseys gave away the old bike(s), that explains the lack of used bikes, but WHAT HAPPENED TO THE NEW BIKES??? Were they still there in the garage somewhere? Were they listed in the search warrant? Or did Auntie Pam cram those into the squad car when she raided the house for evidence? ("I NEED A HAPPY MEAL AND A DIET COKE WITH NO ICE!!!")

I guess the Group of People Representing a Small Foreign Faction was really just a bike racing team in Spandex shorts...that explains how they got through the tiny basement window without leaving DNA...and where the bikes went. But if they are bike thieves, WHY didn't the DA's office pursue them to the ends of the earth to get the bikes back???

Ah, Boulder, you remain a mystery!

9. heymom

heymom Member

The other point about the 911 call is that the note said NOT to call the police. Mr. Heymom and I have discussed what we would do in the same situation, and I told him I would show him the note, we would search the house, after getting the other son up and questioning him thoroughly, and then I would leave it up to him how to call the authorities. He would make the right decision in that case, and not just jump to call immediately, and not give any instructions to the police about sending a marked cruiser over. John did none of those things, but let Patsy call, to make it seem like more of an emergency.

If it were a real kidnapping, the calmer person or the dad WOULD have called, and it wouldn't have mattered if LE wondered about how calm the person was, because there was a valid reason for it. But because the scene was faked, it had to look as though the call was not thought out.

I am not saying this well enough, but I hope you can get the idea. We would definitely NOT just call 911 and ask for help. We'd try to get to one specific person who could help in the best ways.

Oh, and John also had specific requirements to contact people in security at Access, but he did no such thing. It was as if he lost all his CEO brain cells that morning....hmmmmm.... :hypno:

10. AMES

AMES Member

The Polygraph....

ST: John, one of the things, as you know better than anybody, at some point, if you’re not involved in this, we’ve got to take you out of the bucket. And you’ve been in it for four months and you certainly know why you’re in that bucket is you’re in the house, and I don’t need to say anything more than that. But, and I ask this question of Patsy, and where it might come out if (inaudible), but I’ll ask it. And I’m not asking you to take one, but if you were to take a polygraph, how would you do?

JR: Well, what I’ve been told is that, and I felt tremendous guilt after we lost JonBenet, because hadn’t protected her, like I failed as a parent. And was told that that’s, with that kind of emotion you shouldn’t take a lie detector test because you did have that guilt feeling, and, but, so I don’t know about the test, but I did not kill my daughter if that’s what you want to ask me. She was the most precious thing to me in the world. So if the lie detector test is correct and it was done correct, I’d pass it 100%.

The only reason for his guilty feeling, is because he IS guilty of something. He sounds like to me, that he is trying to explain why he might fail a lie detector test, if he gave one. He is already offering excuses, as to why he might FAIL IT.

11. AMES

AMES Member

Thats exactly what my husband and I would have done to. I think that any parent...that had nothing to do with their child's murder...would have done it that way.

Exactly...and even the interviewer was amazed that Patsy, in her "hysterical" state...was able to rattle off her address. I sometimes can't remember mine, when I call and order a pizza....sometimes, I just have a mental block, and have to think about it...and then I feel like a fool. She was asked by the interviewer if she had rehearsed the 911 call before calling....my guess is....YES. Just like she practiced that "Jesus...you raised Lazarus from the dead." speech. I wouldn't even been able to remember my name, if my child were missing, and I had found a RN stating that she would be killed.

Me too.

Yeah, but...he was calm and cool and collected...according to Patsy. My then four year old daughter went missing, one time. She was outside playing, and she just disappeared. We were frantic....I got my husband, and he was a basket case...and he started runnng up and down the sidewalk, screaming her name. I couldn't even imagine a father being calm and cool during a time like that. Oh, eventually we found my daughter..playing at some lady's house, that I didn't know. Boy, did SHE ever get into trouble.

12. AMES

AMES Member

30 Seconds?!?!

JR: I believed I checked all the first-floor doors, yeah. I did go out once. I went out to the door that leads into the garage to see if it was locked because there’s a bunch of boxes piled in front of it and you couldn’t get to it from the inside of the garage. So I did in fact go out of the house once, which would have been for, you know, half a minute.
    ST: And that was from where to where?

ST: (from Ames: This should say JR: not ST: ) I went out the side door around to the back of the garage to see if that garage door into the garage was locked.

ST: And then immediately back into the house?
    JR: Yeah.

ST: And that wasn’t an excursion that exceeded 30 seconds?

JR: No, at max.

WOOOO HOOOOO John...you REALLY spent a LONG time outside searching for clues, didn't you?? A WHOLE 30 SECONDS!!! Geez.....His daughter is "kidnapped" and he spends a whopping 30 seconds outside looking around.

13. heymom

heymom Member

The garage is detached and doesn't connect at all to the house, so what good would getting into the garage have done? I could understand if the garage had been attached to the house, because if you're into the garage, you can easily break into the house, but why would an intruder break into a garage when it wouldn't do him any good once he was in there?

Oh, that's right, he could have gotten a BIKE and ridden it into the basement window!! "I think that's what it was...a bike..."

:did:

14. AMES

AMES Member

In JR's interview...he says that they always leave the door to the garage open. The night when they returned from the Whites...he says that they pull into the garage, and as they entered the house, there was a button near the door that led into the house, that they pressed to close the garage door. They then went inside the house, through the unlocked door that led from the house into the garage. So, I had always thought that it was an attached garage. We do that to...we leave the door that leads from our house to the garage, open...there is no need to lock it, if your garage doors are closed. I never realized that the Ramsey's garage was detached. I didn't know that....

15. heymom

heymom Member

I just read the search warrant here:
    http://community.bouldernews.com/extra/ramsey/1997/09/29-2.html

It says the garage WAS attached to the house. I am 99.9% sure it wasn't, before all the renovating was done but I could be wrong, imagine that!

Sorry for the confusion - John and Patsy are confuzzling enough without any help!

16. ACandyRose

ACandyRose Super Moderator

The one thing I always thought was just totally wierd was this......

It's been repeatedly commented over the years that JonBenet's name was not in the ransom note and it was suggested by the pro-rams that it was because the kidnapper didn't know how to spell her name, even though JonBenet was wearing an ID bracelet with her name printed on the bracelet around the same wrist that the kidnapper tied the cord around. And I'm not buying it that that means the ranson note was written before the murder because the kidnapper made enough corrections to the ranson note that he or she could have inserted JonBenet's name.

But Patsy (the mother) also didn't mention JonBenet's name either in the 911 call ! She just described her as six years old and blonde.

And if that wasn't enough, when the police asked Patsy for a photo of JonBenet, Patsy took a break from her crying and clinging to her cross downstairs to run upstairs that morning to where she kept all of JonBenet's pageant clothing (Melinda's old bedroom closet) which is down near Burke's bedroom end of the house, and Patsy gets out the pageant portfolio, lays it on the bed and finds a picture of JonBenet and picks one because JonBenet is in a cute top. I mean she specifically said she picked it because JonBenet had on this cute top. I don't have the reference to the transcript handy but I can find it.

When the police ask you for a photo of your missing child, who cares whether they have a cute top on? LOL

ACR

17. ACandyRose

ACandyRose Super Moderator

heymom,

The garage was attached and was literally part of the house.

ACR

18. AMES

AMES Member

ACR...here ya go...

21 TRIP DeMUTH: Patsy, I could be

22 wrong about this, but I think I read a long time

23 ago that there may have been a portfolio or

24 something, that kind of thing?

25 PATSY RAMSEY: Yes.

1 TRIP DeMUTH: That would be normal,

2 if that's true?

3 PATSY RAMSEY: Yeah, right. As a

4 matter of fact, I ran upstairs, at one time they

5 asked me for a picture, and when they were --

6 when everybody was getting -- whatever they were

7 doing, you know, they needed a picture of her.

8 And I went upstairs and got the portfolios out

9 of the closet and probably laid it on the bed

10 and looked through it and seen a picture of her

11 in this cute T-shirt, you know.

12 TRIP DeMUTH: Okay.

Even Trip is shocked. He says..."Okay". Like, well...THAT's weird.

19. heymom

heymom Member

Oh, well, we certainly wouldn't want to give the police a photo of JonBenet looking like a normal 6-year-old girl, would we?? Even when she was already dead, she was still the little girl who could be Miss America, she had an image to maintain.

This makes me sick, just sick. What about her school photo or the most recent family snapshot? No, it had to be the portfolio pic with the "cute t-shirt."

:yow: :sick:

20. AMES

AMES Member

Can you remember if John or Patsy EVER used JB's name in any of their televised interviews. I do remember Patsy saying...."I loved THAT child", and calling her our daughter, etc. But, now that I think of it, I can't remember them ever using her name. Maybe they did, and I just don't remember. But, if thats the case...it is subconscious effort to distance themselves from her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice