JustinCase's Comparisons of Patsy's Handwriting

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Cherokee, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

:eek: Bob!

This case may be non-prosecutable, at least for now, but it surely will be one day, and before a mightier court than Boulder will ever see. If either or both of the Ramseys are guilty, and as devout as they present themselves to be, then at some point in time they will begin to sweat and shake in fear. Never fear. The ultimate judge will mete out justice for whomever murdered JonBenet.

2. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

OMG did you hear the cracking of ice? I think HELL Just froze over...LOL.

Just teasin' DocG.

3. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

nobody noticed my Mame comment. It was heelarious

4. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Bob

Bob, what do you think the

:eek: was about?

I guess I should've :highfive:

Well done.

5. Tricia

What? You don't think Mame can solve the case? Next you'll tell me Susan Bennett aka Jameson is a liar...Dear God man. Come to your senses

6. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Thanks very much, it means a lot that so many people who think John wrote the note or took some part in it are posting and letting me know that they are seeing what I see; no matter what your opinion, it's impossible to deny some of the comparisons. Some are absolutely dead on, like the exclamation points I'm comparing right now, so many of them from the ransom note fit exactly with Patsys from other writings; I mean the angles are the same and everything; the sizes will naturally differ but I enlarge and decrease when necessary.

And sometimes, something like this is all it takes to get others to see what they've been missing, dragging and dropping the letters and words onto the equivalent from a historical sample has answered the question of "who wrote the note?" for me.

I agree that Patsy's replication of the note looks remarkably different than the ransom note itself, I think this was intentional, she didn't want to make it look like the ransom note at all; having access to it, she probably just took note of as many characteristics she displayed in the note and tried her best to change as many as she could.

IMO, Patsy wrote it to 'prove' to the police that JonBenet had been kidnapped, figuring that if they thought she'd been kidnapped that they wouldn't want to search the house.

I think they didn't realize exactly what would go down after they dialed 911. Maybe she hoped that he'd listen to it and not call the police; follow the instructions and go to the bank, I think she planned to get rid of the body while he was gone.

I think she figured that she was smart enough to get away with it, not only because they flooded the suspect pool but also because the scene was staged to the extreme that it had been; I think she was 'certain' that she was the last person they'd be looking at as a suspect, which only left her to over-dramatically react to the days events.

I can't recall seeing your comparisons, I'd love to see them, are they here at FFJ? I do have to disagree with this though "If you look long and hard enough you're bound to find them I suppose." I only focus on Patsy because she's the one with all the samples online, like I said before, I cant recall seeing anything more than John's signatures.

Please post the link so I can see those comparisons,

JustinCase

7. Elle

Elle Member

This seems so final, Bob, and most of us here are not ready to hear this kind of news, but you could be right!

8. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

It's nearly a given that whoever wrote that note didn't write it in his/her usual style of writing; IOW, s/he disguised her writing. You have to factor in that fact, along with the highly-agitated state the writer was probably in (from the adrenaline rush) while writing the note. This wasn't a leisurely note written to a friend on a Sunday afternoon - it was written by a shaky hand - shaky from nerves, probably. I've had occasions when I've been under pressure or in a traumatic situation where the characters in my writing are very different from normal; yet, even though the writing is sloppy and different, one can still tell it's my writing.

That is what I see in the two examples of the ransom note writing on this thread - one was written by someone under extreme pressure, and though I know Patsy was under some pressure when she wrote the note for the BPD, I can't believe that would have been as traumatic as writing it right after killing your kid.

Even though the writer tried to disguise his/her writing, one's handwriting is so ingrained into the subconscious, it's nearly impossible to change everything about your handwriting. I see so many similarities between Patsy's writing and the ransom note, even though I know she tried to disguise her writing.

As far as Patsy's motive for writing the note, DocG, that is assuming that Patsy was in her right mind when she wrote it. She tends to be a bit dramatic in her public appearances. How does a mother who loves her child react after knowing she killed her child and helped stage a crime scene. I'm not saying that's what happened - I'm not so sure Patsy killed JB. But, whether she did it or JR did it, she would still be in that state of mind where everything was surreal and writing that ridiculous note seemed right to her at the time. When one is in such a state of mind, everything seems crystal clear in that adrenaline haze.

Then, again, she may have known exactly what she was doing, I don't know. I just am 99% sure she wrote that note.

9. DocG

DocG Banned

Hey, Tricia, I AM feeling a bit of a chill today, so maybe you're right. :)
    But don't get too excited too soon. I pride myself on seeing this case as a whole, NOT getting too involved with details. There are only so many ways to form certain letters, and, for me, just about everything else I've seen by Patsy looks dramatically different from the note. So I'm impressed by what JustinCase has found, but still far from convinced.

JustinCase, you're doing a great job, keep it up. I'm interested in seeing anything else you've found. My own comparisons can be viewed here:

http://pages.prodigy.net/victorag/RamseyHand.gif

And I've created another gif that combines samples of the note with samples from John:

http://pages.prodigy.net/victorag/Ramtest.gif

The idea is to see if anyone can sort them out. No one has succeeded yet. (The comparison gif will give you a hint.)

"I agree that Patsy's replication of the note looks remarkably different than the ransom note itself, I think this was intentional, she didn't want to make it look like the ransom note at all; having access to it, she probably just took note of as many characteristics she displayed in the note and tried her best to change as many as she could."

That's not what I said. I think her replication looks remarkably different from her many OTHER samples. And to me it looks a lot more like the note than anything else she's written. And that REALLY surprises me. Why in that particular sample would she want to use a completely different style of printing, one that actually looks MORE like the note. At least that's how I see it. Which is why I must say I'm suspicious of that one, I'm wondering whether that could actually be what she wrote. Do you see how even and flowing and relaxed all her other samples look? While this one is uneven, cramped and tense looking. Her other samples have a light touch while this one is heavy. And the note is also uneven, cramped, tense and heavy. VERY strange, I just don't know what to make of that.

As far as her reasons for writing the note, I just don't see her expecting the police to leave them alone for long enough to dump the body, she's not that naive. Once that call to the cops is made, the game is over, the body is going to be found. Either that or it will begin to smell VERY badly and something will have to be done. MUCH smarter NOT to call the cops, get the body out of the house while pretending to deliver the ransom and THEN call them, showing them the note at that point. OR better yet showing the note to friends, who will later tell the cops what was in it, and then destroying it under the pretext that the kidnappers demanded it be returned to them. But writing that note by hand and then calling the cops knowing full well they'd discover the body and realize the note is a fake, and then have that note to use as evidence against you, WHY would anyone do that? Makes no sense.

Now if we assume John wrote the note, HIS plan could have been to frighten Patsy into not calling the police. When Patsy called them anyhow, his plan would have been blown. By then it would have been too late to destroy the note or the note pad. That's what I think is the most likely scenario as far as the note is concerned. That DOES make sense.

WY, if Patsy is in such a panic she can't think straight, I think that would have been reflected in the note. But the note is quite cool calm and collected, it provides very precise instructions and is consistent and logical, with just a few sarcastic remarks thrown in as well. All very cold and calculated it seems to me. The margins are carefully observed, there isn't a single word that isn't completed on the same line and every single i is dotted and every t crossed. That doesn't look to me like someone in a panic but someone who is thinking very carefully with a definite plan in mind.

10. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Another Comparison by JustinCase

Comparison of Patsy's exclamation points.

Attached Files:

11. Cherokee

One More Comparison From Justin Case

Comparison of mark inside heart on JBR's hand and Patsy's uppercase letter 'F'.

Attached Files:

12. Tricia

That little hand just breaks my heart.

JustinCase, OMG I have never seen the "F" until now. It is EXACTLY like Patsy's.

Can you somehow trace the "F" on the hand so it's easier to see for everyone?

Thank you.

13. Elle

Elle Member

I don't think I could add a single word to your excellent assumption of Patsy's writing that fateful night, WY. I agree with all you've said here. Even under stress, Patsy couldn't turn off the drama.

14. Elle

Elle Member

Ramseys copying the ransom note (?)

Does anyone know if Patsy or John were actually given a "typed "copy of the ransom note, or a copy of the original ransom note, to copy from? Just curious!

Don't have a lot of time to research, and the following article doesn't state what the Ramseys copied from, but it does prove the BPD were sure checking Patsy's handwriting more than John's.

<A href="http://community.bouldernews.com/extra/ramsey/1997/11/22-1.html" ?>http://community.bouldernews.com/extra/ramsey/1997/11/22-1.html
    "

"The warrant notes that "handwriting analyses as a method for determining identity has been demonstrated to be scientifically reliable and admissible evidence in criminal trials," but the Boulder County District Attorney was not involved in seeking the warrant.
    "Our office did not argue this in Michigan," said Suzanne Laurion, spokeswoman for District Attorney Alex Hunter. "This was done by a prosecutor in Michigan who worked with Boulder police in carrying out their wishes. We won't have any comment at all on the effect this might have on the integrity of the case."

15. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

I think I remember that they dictated it to her, but I might be wrong.

16. Cherokee

Your wish is my command ... :)

Tricia, JustinCase also sent the following comparison with the 'F' outlined in black. Since you asked, I'm posting it here. I posted the other one first to find out if anyone else could see the 'F' before posting JC's outline.

Attached Files:

17. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Just because someone is in an adrenaline rush or even the haze afterward where everything is surreal does not mean they can't function mentally, Doc. While the wording in the note may seem calm and collected, to you, the handwriting proves otherwise. It is jerky and shaky to me. Adrenaline rush doesn't always mean panic. I don't panic under an adrenaline rush - I act, but I don't panic. I am able to stay in control; however, you can bet my handwriting would be shaky.

Patsy Ramsey is a tough woman, don't ever think she's not. She's shown that side of her enough times. But, remember, I never thought Patsy wrote that note by herself. I believe John Ramsey was right there with her and that they collaborated on that note. The "cold and calculated" that you see could very well be partly his input.

18. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

I believe she used her alternate hand. I have just written the first couple of lines, and had no trouble printing it with my left hand. She may not have used it for the entire note, but I think it is quite possible that she did some of the time. And I think she went back and "touched up" some of the letters, for instance the "t"s in "that".

Patsy ain't tellin', but I bet she knows.

Edited to add: WY, I agree with you. Patsy is tough as nails. And she also is very persuasive, with all kinds of self-confidence. How else could she dare to put herself out there to campaign, etc? She is quick on her feet, and knows how to bluff. Unless you are on to her tricks.

19. Prairie

Prairie Member

The letters A also. I think that the cap on them may have been added later.

20. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

This thread kicks :booty:
    I'd like to try an experiment that would involve several posters trying different ways to write the ransom note contents. All you will need is a pad of paper and a pen and some time to write and re-write sections of the note.

The first line print at normal speed, as you would normally write.

The second line print as slow as you possibly can, slower than the first time.

The Third line try to write with a bit more speed, but not as fast as you can possibly write.

The fourth time, speed up the writing, faster than the third line but, again, not as fast as you can possibly write.

The fifth time, write as fast as you can, don't pay attention to differences that you notice, just continue to rapidly write; I had to try it again because I noticed some differences and I wasn't really sure what to expect.

I did a few experiments with handwriting lastnight and found that my printing was messy and closer together when I wrote quickly.

If you do happen to try this, please let me know how it worked for you, you can post your results or you can just tell us about what you did or didn't notice in the different speeds.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice