JustinCase's Comparisons of Patsy's Handwriting

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Cherokee, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Bumpity bump bump.

Whcha think kids???

2. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I have experimented with my handwriting and I have discovered that all I required to alter my handwriting significantly was to disable the writing hand in some way. This was possible by simply holding the pen in an awkward way or by wrapping a towel around my writing hand.

When I do this, the results look nothing like my normal handwriting. However, there are some things which don't alter - like the way I *try* to form my lower loops or indentations.

I personally think that the language of the note is more relevant than the actual handwriting. I think we are more aware of our own handwriting than we are of the language we use. I remember at school we had a teacher who kept waying "in fact". One lesson we counted the number of times he said it and presented him with the results at the end of the lesson. He was furious and we were all punished for being cheeky! I do think he was surprised to learn that he said it at least one time per minute though!

3. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you for bumping this thread, Tricia. I have enjoyed going over it again. Oh how the familiarity of Patsy Ramsey's writing/printing looks like the ransom note. Like Thor, I too thought John Ramsey's sample was also like some of the letters in this note.

Like JIC, I noticed the similarities in the writing of the R's and B's especially the top part as JIC stated.

I didn't notice the letter F until today. I must have been away, or missed the ending of this thread. I'm still having trouble seeing it clearly on my screen.

Bob's examples were interesting too, with John's sample being pretty close to the ransom note too (?). Geesh. More confusion setting in.

4. Elle

Elle Member

This post is my laugh for today, Jay. We don't often hear this word "cheeky" used over here, but how often as children, we heard. "Don't be so cheeky!" Or, "You're just a cheeky wee thing." Hahahaha! Luvd it!

I still think Delmar England's analysis by content was very important and maybe more accurate than going by the actual handwriting, which anyone can change a lot easier than someone's personality. Putting the two together, Cherokee's and Delmar's. It still equals Patsy Ramsey.

5. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

I had everyone in my family try this, Jay. I was shocked.

6. tylin

tylin Banned

Absolutely. I will never understand why the Ram's supporters are still blind to the facts of the handwriting samples. I guess people really do see what they 'want' to see... I see Patsy all over the ransom note.

7. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

There are some differences. Maybe a splitt-off personality in Patsy wrote the note. That could account for the differences and the similarities.

8. Elle

Elle Member

The Boulder Police stated artistic people can change their handwriting. I agree with this because of a Calligraphy course I took. It can change your style of writing and printing like you would never believe.

Even those of us who are not experts in the handwriting field can see how this writing was faked. I read Mr. Marple's comments relating to Judge Carne's going by an expert's opinion about the handwriting not being disguised. I couldn't believe I read this. If not disguised, then why does the author switch from small case 'f' to Capital F throughout the ransom note. One minute you're looking at "of" and the next word with 'f' is printed as "diFFicult." Trying so hard to make it look like a foreigner has trouble with these letters.

The CRAZY Foreign Faction became the intruder, thanks to Lou Smit.

9. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"If not disguised, then why does the author switch from small case 'f' to Capital F throughout the ransom note."

A good question.

Let's spitball for a moment:

could the note have been printed off a computer, THEN copied by hand?

There's a program called "Regular Joe." It's like a word processor. The letters are STRIKINGLY similar to those in the note, including the irregularly slanted "a"s and "e"s. Did anyone else notice how uniform the spacing was on the note?

10. tylin

tylin Banned

Elle1,
    Absolutely. I remember a few years ago when a 'new' Ramsey documentary aried, my daughters and I wrote a one page note with our opposite writing hand. It was uncanny how our writing with the 'wrong' hand made our writing look somewhat similar to the ransom note. And any fool can easily disguise their handwriting and style.

11. Elle

Elle Member

I remember this being talked about somewhere, Punisher (?). I must take a look at this Regular Joe program sometime soon. Thank you for bringing this up. The ransom note does look quite uniform. Did the Boulder police ever check this out?

12. Elle

Elle Member

All the more reason for the author not being in a hurry, tylin, or being concerned that any moment, someone could walk in the door, because this author was very much at ease in her own home, although I doubt very much if she was truly "at ease" with the task on hand.

I never tried writing with my left hand. Nice your daughters joined you in the attempt. I did copy the ransom note myself, with my right hand, using the same type of felt tip pen, and I think it took me over half an hour. I might try the left hand, and I think it will take me over an hour. :)

I read Patsy was ambidextrous.

13. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"I remember this being talked about somewhere, Punisher (?). I must take a look at this Regular Joe program sometime soon. Thank you for bringing this up. The ransom note does look quite uniform. Did the Boulder police ever check this out?"

I think they did, but they didn't announce their findings, that I know of.

14. Little

Little Member

I don't remember reading this before yesterday WY, and it has been turning over and over in my head. Honest to goodness, that's one of the best cut to the doggone chase statements I have ever read about about the handwriting. I love it! I love you! I love your dogs & cats!

Little

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice