Karr and NBC News

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by BobC, Oct 12, 2006.

1. wombat

wombat Member

I repeat, there's some sort of legal reason that El Creepo got legal on LKL, and it's not that he's not protected by double jeopardy. That's an excuse for something else.

He wouldn't talk about Tracey or the Ramseys. At all, not even to express how wonderful he thought Patsy was. Maybe Linnie has already been in contact with Karr's lawyer Chris Reggie and gagged him on the Rs. But not talking about Tracey means to me he has something to say in another venue. Book and/or Lawsuit.

Lin has to be screaming at the staff real loud today, huh? Can't control El Creepo, Linnie, he's someone else's meal ticket.

2. heymom

heymom Member

This applies to the Colorado taxpayer, too. They are the ones being raped, for the Karr fiasco and the entire case. They'd better stop being so willing and stomp on the rapist's instep, hard.

3. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Oh I agree we should keep applying the heat. I think Tracy should lose his job for interfering in a criminal investigation which led to tax payers being bilked for thousands of dollars.

But then again I thought Hunter should have lost his job when he offered that cop's personel file to a tabloid reporter, and not a damned thing happened

4. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

And how many times did Karr keep saying what a great country the US was where a person had RIGHTS!?

Karr was telegraphing his next move.

In the US, we sue everybody for everything because we have rights, dadgummit. We're the most litigious country in the world. And Karr is going to keep up his part of that sorry reputation. Karr's lawyers (whom he referred to ad nauseam) have advised him not to talk about anything Tracey/Lacy/Ramsey because those what brung him to the dance are fixin' to get a their backsides whupped. Karr's lawyers don't want him to say anything that might hurt their case.

I would bet that right about now, the phones at the Colorado legal fix-it firm of Hal Haddon & Co. are ringing off the hook.

5. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Well, Lacy et al did was bring Karr back to the States under false pretenses. They really didn't have a damn thing on him except for e-mails and phone calls in which he claimed certain things about the JBR case that he could have learned from anyone. If Lacy or her cronies had been doing their jobs, they would have known that some of what he claimed didn't match the evidence that was known and that the rest he could have gotten from many sources. He can say his rights were stepped all over, because they did not give him the right to an attorney, because they didn't charge him with anything before they had him detained in Thailand.

That whole thing made me uneasy, anyway. How often do we hear of any suspect being dragged back to the States or even held by a foreign country without due cause? Case in point - Roman Polanski, who was arrested in this country for having sexual relations with a 13 year old girl and has been exiled in France for the past 26 years. Why couldn't LE have done the same thing with Polanski? Perhaps because France has different laws, but I just didn't understand how Lacy could issue an order that would result in the return of an American citizen from a foreign country on mere suspicion that he committed a crime. I know he didn't fight extradition, but it's still very shady to me.

6. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Look, Michael Tracey SHOULD HAVE KNOWN Karr was not the killer. He obviously used a mentally ill man and fed upon his fantasy for his own gain.

Tracey had a book, he needed a publisher, he was feeding Karr the answers, he was working with the Boulder D.A.'s office, HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING WAS FRAUDULANT. And, he did it on C.U. time.

There is a BIG and UGLY lawsuit waiting to happen.

Now..add to it this fact, Mary Lacy should have known, due to all the other evidence she has at her fingertips, that Karr was not the guy. But, since she didn't KNOW the case like the public does, she went with it. Talk about behaving in a reckless manner and causing harm.

I hope to God Karr goes right for the throat of both Tracey and C.U. and Lacy and the D.A's office.

7. tylin

tylin Banned

Catherine Crier announced yesterday that Karr is suing Dr. Ablow's show and it's parent company. It's not surprising that the show didn't air today.

8. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Seems Karr had some career counseling with Lin Wood and Richard Jewell.

Now his attorneys have provided him with a career!

Professional suer/sewer/

9. Watching You

And, therein lies the answer to everything. Tracey SHOULD HAVE KNOWN, and he did, and more than anyone, in her official position as DA, Lacy most certainly SHOULD HAVE KNOWN HER OWN CASE, but she didn't. And, that is negligence.

I think you're right, Tricia.

10. tylin

tylin Banned

argggggg! :nervous: Sure looks that way.

11. BobC

uhhhhhh but Tricia who exactly is the injured party here?

12. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

BobC ... Karr is the injured party here. He may be a despicable character here, but Lacy and Tracey's action clearly injured him.

Look at it from a slightly different perspective. Replace Karr with a severely retarded, innocent party whose rights and protections were trampled by Tracey and Lacy in the process of railroading this innocent person. Tracey coached a false confession from this innocent retarded person, and Lacy (who has a responsibility to preserve and protect the rights of the innocwnt OR guilty) TRAMPLES that person's rights.

Karr is the injured party, just as a retarded person in a similar situation would have been the injured party.

...YumYum

13. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Tricia and Yum Yum...

I agree. There is nothing lower than taking advantage of a mentally ill person in order to make money. Tracey did it; Univ. of CO did it, as Tracey's employer. Don't forget how the U got its mitts on $100,000 to subsidize Tracey and his shenanigans.

BIG FAT LAWSUIT...and Karr wins. That's my prediction.

14. BobC

Okay you guys might be changing my mind somewhat--but let me ask you this: We all know Karr is a creep, but is he really so mentally ill that he doesn't know what he's doing? He seems pretty damned coherent to me.

15. Watching You

Wow, you're right, Lurker. Tracey's shenanigans were financed from another legal case - the NE case, right? Let's see - someone had to pay $100,000 to CU to stay out of jail? What a phucking mess.

16. Watching You

Just because he's smart and coherent doesn't mean he's not mentally ill, Bob.

17. BobC

Sure, but he seems sane enough to be able to conduct his affairs, gain employment, travel the world unassisted, ect. I don't doubt the guy is mentally off, but is he so off that he's an innocent victim in this?

Maybe I'm meaner than you guys, but I don't buy it

18. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

BobC ... Karr's mental illness isn't the issue. The ONLY issue is whether or not Tracey-Lacy's actions injured him in a significant way. Put yourself in Karr's position. You were FALSELY accused ... your rights trampled ... and you can never, EVER show your face in public, or have even a semblance of a normal life. Would YOU feel injured?

Whether Karr brought suspicion upon himself or not ... or whether mental illness guided his actions, or not ... Tracey and Lacy have no right to "injure" Karr.

What's the phrase? "The only defense against a libel/defamation suit is the TRUTH". Something like that (i feel like DuhBya :D). Well ... Tracey and Lacy do NOT have TRUTH on their side.

...YumYum

19. Watching You

I don't think Karr is an innocent victim at all. But, he's, or rather his lawyers, have found a loophole that will allow him to turn around and sue some people, and I think that loophole will pertain to infringement upon his civil rights, and things that are happening after he was let go by the BPD; i.e., the Ablow interview. Even if he only gets $100 grand out of a couple of lawsuits, that's still more money than he's probably ever seen and enough to buy him a sex change, maybe.

20. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Ooooh, Lurker ... I hope you're right! :jumpie:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice