Karr on Larry King Live. Is he getting ready to sue?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

If the gecko says "bruvva" for "brother" then it's a cockney. Scousers roll their "r"s in the roof of their mouths and it's quit distinctive. The Liverpudlian accent is always coming out at the top of most unpopular accents to listen to! Liverpool and Birmingham both. I used to hate a Birmingham (Brummy) accent, but I quite like it now. It's very different and at first I thought it was a completely put-on/made up accent - it just didn't sound real to me!

2. wombat

wombat Member

No, Lin sounds just laik May-con Jaw-Jah. He lived in NC only a couple of years and then grew up in Macon, one of the most Southern places on earth.

Here's his resume. PREPARE TO BE DAZZLED!!!

http://www.toledobar.org/files/public/LLW Biographical Sketch 5-15-06.pdf

3. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Oh Lawd, there's another little Wood litigator in the process. Oldest son is studying to be a lawyer.

4. heymom

heymom Member

Yes, that's the gecko, the Cockney bloke! One of the commercials has him saying, "You're like a bruvva to me." Some people think he sounds like Ian Wright on Globe Trekker - don't know if you have that show over there...but Ian is even thicker Cockney. Let me quick look up the actor's name who does the accent...here he is http://www.givinitallthat.com/dave-kelly/index.htm

Of course hubby can tell all the accents - I'm less good with it but I think I can tell a Birmingham from a Liverpool by now...My favorite UK accent is Devonshire/Cornwall, and of course the one that is the MOST difficult to understand is Glaswegian. :)

Hey

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
  5. heymom

heymom Member

Thanks, Wombat. I have heard Lin speak for maybe 10 seconds but you notice I felt inspired to comment anyway...what a pffball I am! :) I would type more but I have been blinded by the star quality of Lin Wood...

6. Watching You

There is no doubt Limpwood is a smart man. It's his personality and posturing I don't care for. He always stands aloof as if someone rammed a red hot poker up his rectum. Maybe someone did.

7. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Nancy Grace is from Macon too. They have the same accents.

I think Julia Roberts came from there as well, but she obviously went to speech school to lose the twang.

Jay, you are right. Most of us cannot differentiate British accents. We have alot of South Africans in my city and I can tell the difference between those, Aussie and U.K. but I bet most Americans can't.

8. wombat

wombat Member

I have a pretty good ear for accents. I lived in Georgia in my youth, so I can speak with several different Southern accents. This has been a huge help in business, because my natural accent sounds just like Carmella Soprano. If you talk like that outside NY/NJ and are trying to win a project, fuggetaboutit.

Julia Roberts is from Smyrna, north of Atlanta. Her family are Yankees, though. (did you know that her parents were really good friends with Martin Luther and Coretta Scott King.)

LeRoy Lincoln Wood had a rough upbringing, what with Daddy killing Mommy, etc. Probably doesn't talk about it at the Piedmont Driving Club, if they let him in. I wonder what social circles he's managed to get into in Atlanta. Might have to wear Maybelline on his neck to cover up its natural red color.

I'm wondering if LeRoy has anything to do with CNN's current demolition of Karr as a human being (not that he's much of one anyway). Yesterday I thought that Karr's handlers/keepers/lawyers were positioning him to sue Tracey/Lacy and CU. This would be very very bad for LeRoy's clients, being as a public review of certain evidence might be required. So if Karr is absolutely destroyed in the press, which is what has happened here, it's much harder for him to show that he suffered actual damages from Tracey's behavior.

I'm worrying that this is going to turn around to "Tracey/Lacy were VICTIMIZED by this ******* nutcase pedophile."

9. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Watching You!!! Omigod!!

10. Watching You

What? :bateye:

11. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I've never read so shocking a post.

12. Jayelles

ROFL at Glaswegian! We met a couple from Cornwall when we were on vacation this year and I couldn't understand a word she said at first. We had some interesting conversations. She approached me first and I thought she said "Are you a teacher?" and surprised, I replied "Yes, how did you know that?" Of course, that wasn't what she said at all and I don't think she understood me either so we assumed a polite silence after a few baffled exchanges.

The golden rules for speaking Glaswegian are a) To address everyone as Jimmy, b) To run all words together and c) to put "but" at the end of every sentence.

"See me? See ma maw? See fish? She disnae like it".

13. heymom

heymom Member

:laughup: :laughup: :laughup: :coffeeup:
    I'd better quit going OT here or the mods will zip my lips...

GointotakeaweebreaknaJimmy!

Hey

14. Elle

Elle Member

He looked and sounded like a completely different person "off camera" Tricia.
    Dr. Ablow said this was why he wanted the "off camera" shots displayed to the public. His talk off camera was disgusting when Karr talked about his tongue being in a little girl's mouth being better than an ice cream cone. Ech!

15. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Nae,themodsliketahearyerrweeaccent. :)

16. Elle

Elle Member

I thought it was hilarious listening to Hugh Grant trying to say "fogeddabout it"
    in the movie "Micky Blue Eyes."

17. Elle

Elle Member

Hahahaha! This is hilarious. My English speaking sister-in-law who lives in Thurso, is always saying "See you Jimmy!" in a Glaswegian accent. She can impersonate the Scottish accent really well. Do you remember Jimmy Logan, Jay? Are you too young? I always remember him telling the joke about the American once again boasting about everything being bigger in Texas to a Scotsman as they were looking at Loch Lomond. The American said, "That's a nice little lake ye got down the-ah! It would look nice in ma back yahd! " The Scotsman replies. "If ye can sook as hard as ye can blaw, ye'll hae it there in nae time at aw!" :)

18. Tril

Tril Member

19. Jayelles

Yep - pretty spot on. Now tell me - what's hard to understand about Glaswegian (or Weegie as it's called for short?)

Here's one of my favourites. The Glaswegian Guide to Windows 2000 - aka "Windaes Twa Thoosin"

http://www.firstfoot.com/Tartan Trivia/windaes.htm

Tip - empty your bladder and swallow your coffee before reading this Elle.

20. heymom

heymom Member

Bwwwaaaaahhhhaaaahhhahaahahahah! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :floor: :floor: :floor:

Hilarious!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice