LACY press conference - Tuesday - August 29, 2006

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Moab, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Jayelles, it doesn't say anything about Exhibits 23A and 23B. It doesn't seem like they would have typed it in wrong - 13A and 13B instead of 23A and 23B? Nah. Where are 23A and 23B.

What I want to know is, where did the second sample of DNA that jameson said was tested after Smit and his buddies took over the investigation come from? Another part of the panties? The nightgown that some have said had blood stains on it?

Jayelles, yes, there would have had to have been a control sample from right around the same area where they extracted the DNA sample. There isn't a lot of room in the crotch of ladies underwear, expecially kid's underwear. How freaking many blood stains were there, and why would that sample be so much better than the original samples that they weren't able to get conclusive results from? I have always thought there was something really fishy about that second DNA sample that they got admitted to CODIS. That DNA ALLEGEDLY wasn't the same sample tested in the above report. There were not new and better DNA tests that rendered those 9 markers in the old sample. I am certain jameson said it was from a different sample.

There's just so much double talk by the RST on the DNA. I don't believe anything jameson says, but I do believe that once that first sample was tested and reported on, it was pretty much rendered useless for further testing. Therefore, there must have been a second sample that Smit and Lacy had tested. The million dollar question is, where did that sample come from, what is the chain of command on the sample (not jameson, I hope), how and with what other evidence was that sample stored for those years in between testing, and why wasn't it tested in the first place?

This DNA BS just reeks to high heaven.

2. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

The "13A" and "13B" numbers are typos courtesy of One-Eyed Jack from That Other Forum, who incorrectly transcribed the original image's contents. In the image, the exhibits are presented in numerical order, and the items that had sperm (as we have come to know, John Andrew's blanket or duvet or sham or whatever it is called this week) were correctly identified as 23A and 23B following the 17 series items.

3. philmein

philmein Member

Can't find tv verification but I'm assuming CNN will carry the press conference LIVE at 12pm E.S.T. ;-)
    ANY rumours of Lacy finally resigning, coming out of the rock?

4. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Okay. Then, the "fractured" sperm that was tested came from JAR's blanket. I thought I heard that sperm DNA came back as JAR's, but according to that report, they couldn't get a profile from it. Just because the blanket belonged to JAR doesn't mean the sperm was his.

I hate loose ends.

5. Elle

Elle Member

Hahahahahahaha! This is my laugh for this morning, Barbara. The very thought of Lacy with her glasses over her hair has me laughing out loud here. I can hardly type here. I luv it! Where's the Kleenex?

6. amster

amster Member

whew....the spin from the media this morning is making me dizzy! The rehabilitation of Mary Lacy is in full swing. I want to know why? Jean C. on CTV is practically hysterical over talk radio callers "persecuting" poor, dear Mary.

7. Why_Nut

It was not so much "fractured." "Fractions" is a technical term used as a way of distinguishing the fluid aspects of semen versus the, shall we say, meat of the semen. DNA can be gotten from both, but DNA from the fluid will have come from cells floating off the walls of the various tubes the semen has passed through, while actual sperm DNA comes from the little wiggler itself.

8. Its on right now

Time to watch em squirm...

9. Why_Nut

I have never seen a press conference start off so much like the first day of kindergarten in my life.

Edited to add: And yes, I am recording on Tivo.

10. I love how they're instructing the press on how to ask questions like they're a bunch of 5 year olds.

Oooo, now she's crying and making a victim of herself.

Too bad she doesn't seem to remember who the real victim is.. JBR.

11. Once a sample is sent to CBI for testing it stays there. Police departments don't have the proper equipment to store that kind of stuff. CBI generates reports on the testing, but the actual material stays at the lab (CBI). All that is spelled out in CO's rules of criminal procedure... chain of custody, what's done with the material after trial, what's done with the material if there's a not guilty verdict, etc. etc. I'm trying to find a link to that, but off hand, I can't remember what Title it falls under. CO is the only state I've come across so far that likes to hide their rules of criminal procedure if they even have them on the internet at all. Other states have been easy to find.

The second sample was probably tested in the beginning as well but nothing pertinant came of it. It's only been in recent years that DNA testing has become more refined, so it was probably tested a second time or even a third time. Since the sample came from the panties, it was probably tested for Y chromosome DNA (sperm) first. Additional testing may have even required that the sample travel to a more modern equiped lab (private lab), but I don't know how well equiped CO's SBI (State Bureau of Investigation) is.

For example, in the Duke lacrosse rape case recently, the DA had DNA tested the normal way through NC's SBI which tested for Y chromosome (sperm) DNA, which didn't yield positive results, so he then sent it out to a private lab for additional (more refined) testing since the NC SBI wasn't well enough equiped to deal with that more refined testing.

Chain of custody is severe. It has to be or it can get thrown out of court. Since RST stakes so much on this DNA, they'd be stupid to try screwing with the chain of custody. Normally in chain of custody, a sample goes directly from the tech that takes the sample (paperwork) to the officer in control (paperwork) who delivers it to the lab (paperwork)... every step is highly documented. Of course, we know that at some point it probably fell into Smit's dirty hands since he was leading this freak show of an investigation, but since Smit and his evil minions stake so much on that DNA they'd want to be dotting their i's and crossing their t's on chain of custody so it would stand up in court. Defense counsel almost always tries to attack chain of custody as a matter of course in court since it's often the only option of having lab evidence supressed (better to try getting it supressed than have to deal with the jury looking at it and trying to explain it away).

Of course, with all the batty characters in this case from the beginning, who bloody knows what really happened with this testing... nothing would surprise me at this point.

12. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Awwwwwww...she's got a Nancy Grace haircut.

Can't wait for the questions, cause Lacey is doing her best to cover her behind.

13. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Her voice is shaking!!! Please let this bee it.........

14. Can you hear the shakiness in her voice?

Sounds like she's about to crap her pants. :loser:

15. Why_Nut

"We do not want to compare a mixed sample to a mixed sample."

I see. A mixture in the underwear is okay, but an observed sample known to be from the suspect, which is mixed with DNA from, oh, maybe, someone who sneezed on the bike the suspect handled, that is not good enough.

16. RiverRat

Please resign!!!!! I can't take it no more - SAY IT!

17. babyboomer

babyboomer Member

Wait a minute!
    Lacy is saying that they DID make multiple surreptitious DNA tests? He was ID'd and located on the 11th and arrested on the 15th (is that correct?) and they made multiple tests from a suspect half-way around the world in FOUR DAYS????

18. RiverRat

She ain't going no where.

On her own.

19. wombat

wombat Member

Feel, help, come to us, thoughtfulness, questioning - this should be happening in a hot tub.

This is a bimbo.

I hope the press rips into them.

20. BWAHAHAHAHAHA... now she's crying about how "people have been screaming questions at her and how she can't answer ANY of their questions"... this is so pitiful, its almost painful to watch.

I can't wait til she pats herself on the back for ridding Thailand of a pedophile.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice