Let's see your trees Ladies!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Moab, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Elle

Elle Member

Oh what a beautiful doll house, Little. Is it any wonder you treasure this.

A lot of love went into the making the beautifiul Christmas Wreath by your daughter.

I like your cosy fireplace setting, also your tree. I'll just drop in. :)

Although we have given up the Christmas tree indoors, we have two evergreens all lit up right now, one in the back garden and one just outside our door in the front, and that's it!

Lurker - love your beautiful tree!

Greenleaf - Beautiful photos of the grandchildren in the Fairy Room. Poster is wonderful. I'm sure they are having a wonderful visit with you.

2. Elle

Elle Member

Pearlsim, I am very sorry to hear you have lost your lovely brother. It is not easy to talk about losing someone in your own family. Our own family have been grieving too for the last six months, and for me it is too painful to talk about. I'm sure your brother will always be in your hearts forever.

3. Little

Little Member

Just drop by any time Elle, you're always welcome. Just call me first so I can put Ms Cattitude in her room.

This is a wonderful thread and I have really enjoyed the sharing that has occurred here. Not just the trees but also the loving thoughts of those who have passed.

Little

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I LOVE THIS, heymom! Thank you.

5. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

All of Your Trees...

Are sooo lovely! I would not know which to choose if I had a choice....each so distinctive and glowing.

We will be putting ours up this evening with our daughter, son-in-law and grandaughter bringing dinner and coming to help. Really looking forward to it, as our grandaughter is an expressive 4 yr. old who is really into Santa and the whole Christmas experience....I am sure that their will be lots of excitement and Santa secrets flying about! ( Will try to get some pictures to Moab to post of our tree too) Cause I know that Moab has nothing else to do this time of year! :rolling:

Children really do make Christmas for us....She will have her nursery school Christmas caroling performance and party Tuesday night. Now that, with the holiday music and children's clear sweet voices is what REALLY puts us in the Christmas spirit!

Thanks for sharing everyone! Oh, and Little, I love your fireside decorated with antiques! Lovely!....Love those beautiful little fairies and the imaginative fairy room Greenie....Off to see if we can drag out all of our Christmas goodies from the garage and create something lovely too....

Merry, Merry!
    Voyager

6. Colorado Babe

Colorado Babe Active Member

Oh I wish Mr. CB would put up a tree

Yesterday I managed to put up all the christmas decorations wrapped all the presents,and baked about 12 dozen cookies or so. Since I put up our little ceramic christmas tree that I made my grandparents years ago, Mr. CB has decided that it will be good enough. Oh well, I really thought he would cave in and go get a real one but it doesn't look good. Mr. CB has been working 7 days a week since we returned home from Mexico. He says there are just to many deadlines for him and he needs to get all the work wrapped up before the end of the 4th quarter. Oh well, I guess we will have to go without a tree this year....It's the spirit that really matters, right?

7. Little

Little Member

Thank you Voyager. I was wishing I had tidied up a bit before snapping that picture.

The sleigh bells are ones that I bought when I was pretty young and went to an auction with my aunt. She didn't have the heart to stop me from bidding and I was just so sure my parents would love them. My dad put them on that leather strap. The little white plate is the one my mom's mother fed all her babies from. It's pretty tattered but very precious. She had 14 children, 12 who would have had their meals from that since 2 babies died in infancy. The little lighthouse is one that the same uncle who made my doll house made for me as well as the wooden toys. There are some Indian artifacts, and other goodies there too. They all have a history. The rolling pin is one that survived my grandmother's house fire. Sorry to ramble but all those things are a piece of my roots.

Little

8. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Little...

What pretty vignettes of your home all ready for Christmas. I like the idea of the berries on the tree...very country-style. The dollhouse is adorable, and your cozy fireplace corner is so inviting.

9. AMES

AMES Member

You are NOT ALONE RiverRat...I had no idea what flocking was either. DUHHH! We just call it fake snow too...LOL

10. Elle

Elle Member

You could fit this post into the non fiction book I keep telling you to write, Little. You're a born story teller with a lot to tell. :)

As for the tidying up, I love a "lived in home" I truly am a bit fed up with myself when I try to make everything "perfect." Lately I find myself saying "To hell with it. Who needs everything to be damn perfect." The Queen isn't coming for a visit. :)

11. Elle

Elle Member

I never hoid of a flocking tree. Hahahahaha! I feel as if I'm swearing hear.:)

12. AMES

AMES Member

LOL...yeah, I know...me too!!!

BTW....how are you? I have been away having a baby.

13. heymom

heymom Member

And how did that go, anyway??? Welcome back, girlfriend!!!

:hiya:

We want photos!

14. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Ames,

Congratulations! How wonderful to have a new baby at Christmastime.

15. heymom

heymom Member

[​IMG]

Here is my tree, before the kids' ornaments got hung. They each have a collection of their own. The silver tube in the background is new ducts that were being installed in my attic at the time. NOT part of the Christmas decorations.

Moab, we started putting the tree in our atrium when the kids were small, because I could control their access to it. Now it's just a tradition. I like going in and just sitting in there, especially when it's nice, like right now. We haven't got AC in there, so in the summer it's too hot.

16. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

You had the Flocking BABY?! OMG - flock the fake snow - we got us a live one here!!!

Details............

17. Elle

Elle Member

Oh Yes, Ames. I thought it had been a while since I last posted with you. I was offline for a spell myself during the summer. So, what's the story on the baby, boy or girl, name and weight? :) Hope you didn't have too bad a time with the delivery

Congratulations Ames! :rose: :rose: :rose: :baby:

heymom. Beautiful golden tree. :)

18. heymom

heymom Member

Thank you very much. It sort of just evolved that way...I used to have other ornaments, but started using large white balls, and then I found some nice gold ones...and it just continued in that direction. Now the challenge is to replace the ones that break...The best ones I have resemble victorian lanterns and I have NO idea who made them or where I could buy replacements. Thankfully they are not glass! But if the top hook breaks off, that's the end of them. They are the round, amber ones in the front. If anyone has seen those somewhere, PLEASE let me know. I need a few more!

My trees have been through many changes over the years...I'm sure most people go through the same thing...I have so many ornaments now, that I can't put all of them out every year... :( I would have 3 or 4 trees if I had room.

19. Little

Little Member

Oh, there's one knocking around in my head Elle. I have a title and about sixty-eleven different ways to go with it.

If you like the lived in home look you would love this place :) Clean enough to be healthy and casual enough to feel relaxed.

Little

20. heymom

heymom Member

It really was God - because I have too much longing for my mom to ever think that no time has even gone by for her. When I heard the little whisper I got all teary-eyed and felt so happy for the future reunion. To say nothing of meeting Jesus face-to-face...

The worst time for me was right after our first son was born...oh, I ACHED to have my mom with me...the lonliness was terrible. I so wanted her to see him, and to be there to teach me how to be a mom...

Anyway, just remember that Heaven has no time, no pain, and no tears.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice