Let's see your trees Ladies!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Moab, Dec 13, 2007.

1. heymom

heymom Member

Little, I have my mom's rolling pin, and it's precious to me, too. I also have my paternal grandmother's wooden potato masher, well-used. These treasures are what would be lost in a fire...Thank God your grandmother's rolling pin made it through!! I sometimes think of putting these in a safe deposit box, instead of any jewelry or money...To me, they are more precious than gold. Photographs, too, and the stories that go along with them.

Thanks for sharing your home with us! I love it.

2. Little

Little Member

I used to have these things put away heymom but then I couldn't enjoy them, so out they came. These things wouldn't be worth a plug nickel to others but to us they really are treasures. I was near the end of a long line of grandchildren so I'm really happy to have some of my grandmother's things. I have a small throw that my great grandmother started and my grandmother finished. My aunt (the same one who bought the sleigh bells at the auction) gave it to me.

No matter what no one can take the stories or memories. I suppose those are the true treasures.

BTW - I've heard that voice too so I do believe you :)

Little

3. AMES

AMES Member

LOL..thanks heymom!! It went pretty well..had to have a c-section, and it is taking me forever to get over it. She was born Nov. 16th, 7 lbs. 2 oz., and 19 1/2 in. long. Her name is Summer Renae. Remind me how to post pictures...I haven't done it in so long, I forgot how....(good thing that doesn't happen often, or I wouldn't have a baby right now!! LOL)

4. AMES

AMES Member

Thank you! And she was born right before Thanksgiving, too!! We have alot to be thankful for this year.

5. AMES

AMES Member

WOW...that is beautiful!

6. AMES

AMES Member

LOL..yep, I had the flocking baby!!! The flocking baby was born on Nov. 16th, she weighed 7 lbs. 2 oz., and was 19 1/2 in. long. Her name is Summer Renae. I want to post some pictures, but I forgot how to do it...duhhhhh.

7. heymom

heymom Member

You can do it one of two ways. If you go down to "Manage attachments" at the bottom of the reply box, you can browse for the photo on your own computer and upload it from there. There is a size limit to the photos if you do it that way.

The other way is to create an account on PhotoBucket or another free photo-storing service and upload your photo from your computer onto that, and then copy the [ img ] your photo name [ / img ] tag and put it into the body of the message. You don't use the spaces and the site will give you the right tag to copy and paste. You can see my tag if you right-click on the photo and select "properties." On Photobucket, they don't do .bmp format, so you have to save the photo as a .jpeg.

CONGRATULATIONS on the new little girl!! What a pretty name. Sorry it's slow recovery from the c-section. How are the other kids doing with the new sister?

8. AMES

AMES Member

Thanks Elle....the details are in the above post. I had a c-section, and I swear, I still feel like my insides are falling out, when I stand up. Hmmmm...I wonder if that is normal. LOL

9. AMES

AMES Member

I miss my mom too! She passed away ten years ago, and I have had two more children since that time. Christmas was her favorite time of year, in fact...we put up a little Christmas tree on her grave every year at this time. I will see if I can find a poem that I have called..."My First Christmas in Heaven"....even though its not my mom's first Christmas there, I cry...everytime I read it. If I can find it, I would like to share it with you.

10. AMES

AMES Member

It is hard to type through tears!!

11. AMES

AMES Member

Thanks for the directions...I will give them both a try.

Thanks for the Congrats....and the compliment on her name. My other girls are excited to have a baby around the house. I have a 16 year old, and a 6 year old...the 16 year old is a typical teenager, and would rather listen to her ipod, or watch tv...then hold the baby. But, the 6 year old, has helped me with everything...from changing diapers, to given baths.

12. AMES

AMES Member

Picture of Summer...

I uploaded this...I hope it works.

Attached Files:

13. AMES

AMES Member

Here is some more....I don't want to bombard you!! LOL

Attached Files:

14. AMES

AMES Member

Okay, I coudln't leave out my six year old.....

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2007
  15. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Wow - Santa is giving out some great goodies this year!!! Congratulations Ames and Welcome Aboard Little Miss Summer. Now go lay yourself down and heal - let the six year old take over......she will eventually anyhow!

We Love You!
    RR

16. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Bombard away, baby! I know from first hand experience that blowing the margins are no big deal since we have Moab at the wheel! :bigstick:

17. AMES

AMES Member

Thanks RR....I love you guys TOO!!! I want to thank everybody for the well wishes, they mean alot to me and my family!

LOL..the six year old has ALREADY taken over!!

18. AMES

AMES Member

I am not sure how big is TOO big, and it is a pain in the butt to make the pictures smaller, lol...so I just sent them as is. Hope that they don't blind anyone.

19. AMES

AMES Member

Okay...one more, and I promise not to take up anymore space!

Attached Files:

20. Colorado Babe

Colorado Babe Active Member

Ames

Your daughters are beautiful. I can't wait until the day, I become a grandmom..I miss the smell of a brand new baby and I also miss holding them tight. You are blessed. Happy Holiday's!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice