Letter from Patsy, June 16

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Freespirit

Freespirit Member

"We are expecting one of our opponents to be very negative in his campaign tactics. . ."

Remember the Ramsey's history of coming public with something about Patsy's cancer right before some new evidence or negative commentary regarding their guilt came out? Maybe this opponent is ready to drop a bomb or two. We can only hope. :fingers:

2. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I think I know what she might be talking about.

How is that for a big fat maybe.

Basically what Patsy is saying is, "Someone will start pointing out the truth about us."

Truth is the Ramsey's worst opponent.

3. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

If this is true, and I suspect it is if Patsy is whining about it already, then perhaps all Tricia's work at supportramseytruth.com has caught the attention of Michigan voters, including those who are running against Ramsey.

I am sure we will hear all about how badly treated the Ramseys were after this is all over. Why, I wouldn't be one tiny bit surprised if Limpwood were to come out of the shadows with drool running down his chin to sue JR's political foes for daring to ask questions about the statements Ramsey has put out there. Then again, he may be having all he can handle right now with the FOX lawyers, heh.

4. Ginja

Ginja Member

Politcal adversary?

From the Detroit Free Press, May 15th: http://www.freep.com/news/politics/ram15_20040515.htm

State Rep. Ken Bradstreet, R-Gaylord, isn't so sure. He holds the 105th District seat but can't run again because of term limits. He said last month that he'd support a conservative Democrat in November's general election if Ramsey wins the August primary.

"I've read two full-length books about the case and hundreds of ancillary materials," he said. "The more I read, the less comfortable I am with his candidacy."

Six Republicans are running in the primary -- Ramsey, Jack Apol of Charlevoix, Jeff Garfield of Gaylord, Bonnie Notoff of Kewadin, Craig Ryan of Gaylord and Kevin Elsenheimer of Bellaire.

Like Ramsey, they are all conservative, abhor taxes and abortion, believe in guns and God.

* * *​

I'll keep searching. I'm sure I read an article where Kevin Elsenheimer (I think he's an attorney) was pretty negative about Ramsey and I have this feeling that this is the person Patsy is referring to.

5. Ginja

Ginja Member

Gaylord Herald Times, http://www.gaylordheraldtimes.com/articles/2004/03/15/news/top_stories/top_stories01.txt

Regarding Ramsey's possible candidacy, Elsenheimer declined to comment, saying, "It's a free country."

Other potential candidates have expressed concern about Ramsey's interest in the House seat. Ryan said he feared it would create a media circus, and Garfield expressed similar objections.

"I think he has a credibility problem," Garfield said. "He's going to turn this into a national media frenzy."

6. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

This letter just amazes me.

It starts out: "Dear Family & Friends," and ends with "Love, Patsy." Both seem inappropriate for this kind of letter soliciting funds on a website. Dear Family? Is she actually asking her family to come up with more money? Friends? Is this the extent of Ramsey's supporters? Family and friends? Are these close friends? Or does Patsy consider everyone who gives money to be her friend? Good enough friends to merit a "Love, Patsy" at the end of the letter?

That would be akin to one of the aldermen in our city sending me a letter soliciting funds for his or her campaign and signing it, Love, XXXXX.

Just a little overdone, ya think? Like the ransom note was overdone. Pure Patsy, all the way.

7. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

Well

I don't wish cancer on anyone and I hope she gets thru this ordeal.

Seemed a little over the top and using the "C" card just isn't right. She's been out in public enough that people know she has it..

I really thought this was a joke at first.

8. Aurora

Aurora Member

Adverse Attention

Did Patsy's Mother not teach her it isn't polite to beg? She is unreal ....using her cancer to solicit funds for millionare John. I could understand it if she asked everyone to keep her in their prayers. A sympathy ploy to gain votes and cash... is all this is. Why else is she going into detail ....NOW...about her private battle with cancer. Let's toss her a "pity party" because that is what I feel for her!

9. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Make sure you all are watching Greta's show on FOX. One of OJ's former friends is going to spill the proverbial beans...

10. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Sparky

Sparky I don't think anyone on these forums wants Patsy or anybody else to have cancer. Nobody's that mean--but my God this is getting ridiculous. This is all starting to seem a bit--dare I say it?--staged.

11. Quinn

Quinn Member

WHEN DOES THIS AIR AND WHAT CHANNELL?

12. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I posted this at WS, but wanted to post it here as well

Today, 10:09 AM
    Barbara
    Registered User Join Date: Aug 2003

Quote:
    Letter from Patsy
    June 16th Letter
    Wednesday, June 16, 2004

June 16th, 2004

Dear Family & Friends,

I hope all is well with you.

I am writing you today to update you on my health status and talk a little about John’s campaign.

A campaign letter that updates the voters on Patsy's health and talks A LITTLE about John's campaign????????????/

Quote:
    This past weekend I participated in the national Relay for Life Cancer benefit in Cheboygan, MI. It was a wonderful experience in a community that we have been spending a great deal of time in.

"I" participated in the National Relay for Life Cancer benefit?
    Where was John? What kind of candidate doesn't show up for something like that when he is using his wife's health for sympathy votes and money

Quote:
    As you know, I am celebrating eleven years as a survivor and praying for many more. With regard to this tough battle, two weeks ago I took Chemotherapy #4 and had a severe adverse reaction. Today I will take treatment #5 in the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital so that I can be closely monitored. The good news is that I am responding very well to the chemotherapy and the tumor is shrinking! We are praising God for that!

While this is important for Patsy and her IMMEDIATE family, the voters are not interested as an agenda for voting. This is totally inappropriate. Let's also remember that this may be an area where physicians and other medical people reside. What about thanking your DOCTORS?????

Quote:
    The bad news is that I will be unable to assist with the campaign while I am in the hospital.

Bad news for whom? Let's remember they are trying to get money from voters who want to know who they are voting for, not what Patsy can or cannot do. This is really poor skills at its best. As a voter or contributor, I am thinking: "okay, so John or other supporters will do it" no?

Quote:
    In light of the fact that I have to deal with the aftermath of two more chemo treatments, I won’t be able to physically handle all the things I’ve been doing for John’s campaign lately – like going door-to-door, handing out literature in parades, and most importantly, fundraising.

As a voter/contributor I am thinking: I don't want Patsy door to door, I want John door to door so I can ask him what he will do when in office. Again, where are the others who CAN go door to door? Is this beneath John to do without Patsy? Obviously

Quote:
    So… I NEED YOUR HELP !

"I ned your help????

Quote:
    Because of our unique situation, we have to do a significant amount media in order to get our message out and correct past misperceptions.

If they are not playing the JBR card or the Cancer card, why is their situation any more unique than any other candidate? What past misperceptions????

Quote:
    We are currently ahead in the most recent poll that was run, but we are expecting one of our opponents to be very negative in his campaign tactics.

What poll? An opponent to be negative in campaign tactics? Yeah, that's unique

Quote:
    In order to fight this, it requires a great deal of fundraising effort

You fight negative tactics with money? How about saying something meaningful to fight negative tactics? Way over the Ramsey mindset! Money has been their cure for everything so far. They can sit down and answer questions from the voters, but that would require giving honest answers, so I guess money is the only cure.

Quote:
    The Primary Election is seven weeks from today, therefore we need help from supporters such as you. And we need your help now. Your contributions will help us pay for important television, radio, and direct mail advertising.

Now it's back to "WE"

Quote:
    Thank you very much to the numerous people who have donated so far, both online and in the mail. Your support is appreciated in this critical time

What makes it "critical"?

Quote:
    If you have not yet helped us in this important effort, or have not yet sent the maximum of $500 per person, ......

Most ordinary citizens don't contribute $500 for presidential elections, let alone for this type of campaign, but more important, she is asking for no LESS than $500 The nerve!

Quote:
    please help by making an online donation to the Friends to Elect Ramsey by clicking here. If you prefer, you can send as big a check as possible to: Friends to Elect John Ramsey – 106 W. Carpenter St., Charlevoix, MI 49720.

Where are all these "friends" to take up the slack while she is in treatment? Either they are friends and supporters or they're not! No reason why they all can't go door to door.

Quote:
    I simply can’t be everywhere and I am not going to be able to spend time on the telephone talking with each of your while I am in chemotherapy. But we need to help John so I’m counting on YOU!

Once again, it's all about her. The jist of the letter is that if she can't do these things, they just won't get done at all. Everything is to help JOHN

Quote:
    Thank you for your prayers and your financial support. I’ll let you know how the next two chemos go. God bless.

The voters have their own problems and they want to know who is going to represent them and HOW. They don't want a follow up letter to find out how the chemo goes.

Quote:
    Love,

Patsy

How inappropriate and unprofessional to sign a campaign letter "love"

If I were a voter in Michigan, this letter would tell me nothing more than John is a lazy bum who hasn't worked in 8 years, has no current full time job and if his cancer stricken wife can't work for him, nothing will get done without my money. Yeah, that's the guy I wanna vote for.

What a disgrace and a joke!

God Bless America

13. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Actually, Barbara I think this is Patsy's real message aside from money.

I too have never seen a political letter signed "Love." Actually, I would never sign anything to a stranger with that word. It's not a word I use loosely.

14. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

The Ramseys don't need contributions to clear up misperceptions. If they really wanted to do that, all they need to do is ask.

There is not a media outlet in the WORLD that wouldn't put them on the air for an unlimited amount of time if they agreed to answer all questions put to them without lawyers, doctors or any conditions.

I can't imagine a single media outlet in the world that wouldn't jump at the chance.

All free of charge and even more tempting, there are many who would pay big bucks for such an opportunity.

As everything Ramsey generated, they are full of ****

15. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Yeah...but...that would mean having to answer the tough questions if they got a reporter with some the brass to ask them.

16. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Barbara

Great analysis!

That letter leaves no doubt in my mind as to who masterminded the staging and coverup, including the ransom note, after the murder of JonBenet.

If Patsy doesn't do it personally, micromanaging every detail, it just doesn't get done!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice