Letter from Steve Thomas Aug 6, 2002

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by ACandyRose, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Tez

Tez Member

WY.....

She is already starting her spin. She makes me want to puke!!!

I would love to see her show up when ST is discussing the Ramsey case. She would just make an a$$ out of herself. Worse than she already has if that is possible. Maybe, she could get herself arrested!

2. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Interestingly enough...

I seldom wander to the swamp but of course today is a day one has to - out of curiosity.

So far hirself has posted Steve's letter and replied to hirself with one other hat posting (probably hirs too.)

Is the swamp actually sinking?

Wondering if publishing Steve's letter in full on the swamp violates "Fair Use?"

3. ACandyRose

ACandyRose Super Moderator

Dunvegan

Thanks for the paper airplane graphic gif. You're fantastic !!

With John Ramsey being into airplanes and all, I am sure he will appreciate the humor of it more than the others. :)

I added it to the top of my acandyrose web site with a link to the forstevethomas.com web site....check it out...:)

http://www.acandyrose.com/index.htm

4. ACandyRose

Suggestions anyone?

Does anybody have any suggestions on what message should be printed on the white sign in this graphic?

I can't seem to display the graphic here.....hmmm.. well it's at the link below:

http://www.acandyrose.com/spinning.gif

5. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

OOH-RAH!

Way to go, Steve Thomas! Not one red cent, not one thin dime to the Ramseys. Reminds me of a very old Marine motto, used against the Barbary pirates a couple of centuries ago:

"Millions for defense; but not one cent for tribute!"

History lesson here:

http://www.zianet.com/wblase/endtimes/barbary.htm

If we don't stand up to bullies and terrorists like Lin Wood and the Scamseys, they win.

Thanks, Steve Thomas, for standing up like a man and putting those lying scum in their place!

6. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Settlement

Tricia wrote:

No admission of wrong doing.

No money paid from Thomas.

Can still sell his book.

Gotta love it...

Some settlement Lin...

Tricia, IHMO, we have all known for a long time that these settlements are about money and not justice for a 6 year old child, JonBenét Patricia Ramsey, killed in her home on Christmas night - a night JonBenét should have been dreaming about her second Christmas and what Santa would deliver in Charlevoix.

But then, what do you expect from people who can't even recall <i>that child's</u> name?

7. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

ACR

Out of the Woods - a settlement for the Ramseys:

Thomas does not have to admit to any wrong doing.

Thomas does not have to pay one thin dime.

Thomas can still sell his book.

Thomas can still speak.

Some people can't see the forest for the trees. But then this particular forest doesn't seem to have any (wood)peckers.

8. Dunvegan

Dunvegan Guest

Re: Suggestions anyone?

You have the picture, ACR...I can archive this at the Hearthside.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2002
  9. Tez

Tez Member

LOL

That's good Dun!

10. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Ha, Dun!

I will never watch a Woody Woodpecker cartoon again without thinking of Lin Wood!

11. Tez

Tez Member

Spin.....

This is what I think of the Swamp's spin..... I can't get my gif to show up. I wonder what I am doing wrong....

12. ACandyRose

Good Dun !!

I saved it !!

I think everybody who takes the graphic like you did and adds a message like you did that I will save each and every one and put them all on a web page. :)

13. Dunvegan

Dunvegan Guest

Well, ACR...you might wish to grab a copy of that...

...lovely budgie that Tezi posted, too.

14. Mandarin

Mandarin Member

Fantastic!

Guess we're all on the same wave length - thrilled that Steve actually took the time to post and give us the true story of the Ram settlement.

Believe me, I was beside myself, once my hub brought my attention to the news that the Thomas/Ramsey case had been settled.

All I can say, is that it was worth waiting for ... I just knew that Steve would come out on top of this - with his integrity fully in tact, unlike the Rams, who will be forever trying to regain the wealth and respect they once enjoyed, prior to Dec. '96.

You Go Steve!!!! Now I can rest, and get back to normal, knowing that you DID NOT let us down.

BRAVO!

Regards,
    Mandarin

15. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Daily Camera Article

Thomas denies paying Ramseys

Former detective says he admitted no wrongdoing in settling
    libel case

By Matt Sebastian, Camera Staff Writer
    August 21, 2002

Former detective Steve Thomas insists he did not pay "one red cent" to settle a libel
    lawsuit brought by John and Patsy Ramsey, according to a letter sent to supporters
    on what would have been JonBenet Ramsey's 12th birthday.

In the letter, authenticated by a friend of Thomas', the retired Boulder police detective
    wrote that he admitted no wrongdoing in settling the lawsuit over his book, "JonBenet:
    Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation."

"I personally paid not one red cent, not one thin dime, not one single dollar to settle this
    suit," Thomas wrote in the letter, dated Aug. 6, the day before the case was formally
    dismissed in U.S. District Court in Atlanta.

Thomas, who couldn't be reached for comment Tuesday, agreed in March to settle the
    lawsuit, which originally sought $80 million from the detective, his co-author and
    publisher St. Martin's Press.

Although the terms of the settlement remain confidential, Ramsey attorney L. Lin Wood
    on Tuesday said the lawsuit was resolved with "a significant payment made on Steve
    Thomas' behalf."

-----snip-----

The Ramseys sued Thomas in March 2001, alleging the former detective libeled the
    couple by falsely accusing them in his book of killing their 6-year-old daughter on
    Christmas night 1996.

Boulder police have never arrested anyone in connection with JonBenet's slaying.

Thomas' letter, mailed to supporters who contributed to his legal fund, was posted on
    the Internet this week at www.forstevethomas.com.

Tricia Griffith, the Web site's owner, identified herself as a friend of Thomas' and said
    she was among the supporters who received the letter that is posted on the site.

"I can assure you it's authentic," said Griffith, a Utah resident.

Thomas, in the letter, defended his book and said he had looked forward to trying the
    case in front of a jury and "discovering the truth."

"Unfortunately, financial constraints continued to prohibit this, and I was in no position
    to take on the Ramseys' wealth," Thomas wrote. "In fact, I lost my house and savings
    during this struggle."

None of Thomas' three attorneys returned phone calls seeking comment from the Daily
    Camera. Representatives of St. Martin's Press also could not be reached.

-----snip-----

16. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I think what Thomas was trying to say here, rather subtley, was if he really had been on the losing end of this lawsuit the books would be withdrawn from the shelves or at least had certain "lies" omitted in future printings.

17. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Words from the Skank's mouth

I admit to lifting this from ACR's forum, but I can't resist, and I'm sure the author of the post at ACR's would agree with me that these words need to be spread as evidence of the duplicity of one said Susan Skank Bennett.

1. Thomas doesn't have enough money. I don't think the publishers have enough to settle.

2. I will honestly tell you - - if the Ramseys ever did settle this lawsuit, I would be VERY Disapponted.
    It would cause me to totally rethink my position on their character.

3. I would never think of them in the same way.

4. The lawsuit isn't about the money, it is about getting the truth out.

So, did Susan ever "rethink" her position on the Ramseys' character?

Sort of reminds me of the words she said about Westerfield when he was first arrested - (I don't have the post (I'll bet someone does, though, LOL), but I remember it clearly. She said if the bloodstain's DNA on Westerfield's jacket turned out to be Danielle's, she would have to come off the fence on the guilty side - not precisely in those words, but that was the gist of it. Appears to me Bennett is not true to her own word.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2002
  18. Mandarin

Mandarin Member

Hmmmm . he won't profit?

When LinWood says "bottom line" Steve won't profit from that book - is he saying that the book can still be sold but that the profits will have to go to some sort of fund?

I can't figure out ... if the book can still be published and sold, how can Steve not profit from it? Is there a hidden meaning in LinWood's statement and what does he mean the Rams won? I thought an out of court settlement, actually meant that nobody really won, unless of course the publishers gave the Rams a paltry sum for some sort of Jonbenet fund.

Oh well, somehow we never seem to get the full story. Gee, it would be nice to get the WHOLE true story once in a while.

Regards,
    Mandarin

19. Mandarin

Mandarin Member

P.S. Re Steve's Book

Just an interesting note here regarding Steve Thomas' book on the Ramsey case.

When I went to the library on Friday, I was looking for another true crime book and in the process came across Steve Thomas' hard back book on Jonbenet., It was noteworthy that his book was the only one on the Ramsey case. I didn't check any further than the crime section, so it could be that the Ram's very own book might be in the 'fiction' section.

Way to go Steve! You're obviously the last and true word on the Ramsey case, at least as far as our library is concerned. BTW, I ddn't need to take out Steve's book, mainly because I bought it the first week it came out in hard back.

P.S. did Steve's book ever come out in paperback?

Regards,
    Mandarin

20. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Yes Mandarin Thomas' book did come out in paper back. Get it if you can. It has an added chapter talking about the Grand Jury findings and Thomas' appearance on LKL with the Ramsey's. Great reading.

I can still get it all over where I live but if you can't find it Mandarin let me know and I will send you a copy:)

As far as Lin Wood's spin on the settlement let's remember.

*Wood lies like our favorite swamp skank.

* The Ramsey's lie like an Enron CEO in front of congress

* The end result is the book can still be sold and Thomas can still speak out about the Ramsey case if he choses to do so. He can say what he wants.

In other words Steve Thomas is in the exact same place he was when he accused Patsy of being the killer on LKL.

I do believe John Ramsey said he would take this all the way didn't he? Yes he took it all the way to the bank. To hell with stopping Thomas' book. The Ramsey's have cash which is what it was about in the first place. I would be very suprised if it was a lot of cash though. And it didn't come from Steve Thomas.

Lin Wood just bugs the living crap out of me.

Married 4 times

Father killed his mother and Wood sides with his father

Gets the Ramseys' a settlement that does not include stopping the book that called Patsy a liar which is why they sued in the first place among other things.

Lin Wood is really, without a doubt, a loser. He is a joke. Wood is the pimple on the asss of the American Bar Association. An annoyance that keeps showing up no matter how you try and stop it.

Let's remember in the days to come that it was Lin Wood who recently appeared on LKL and whined that now America knows what the Ramsey's have been going through. Now America knows a kidnapper can come into the house in the night and take your child. American knows the Ramseys' are innocent because not only did they lose their daughter but they were accused of her murder and now with the rash of kidnapping/murders...well how could the Ramsey's be guilty? They are just like the Smarts and Samantha's parents.

If I could have lifted my TV and hurled it out the window I would have.

Tricia

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice