Letter from Steve Thomas Aug 6, 2002

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by ACandyRose, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I find it truly ironic

that the skank at the swamp gloats about the fact that, in spite of the fact that ST did not have to pay the Ramseys any money, he still lost because he lost his house and life savings. While skank seems to delight in that fact, it's proper to remind her that the Ramseys have also lost their big mansion and that neither of them is employable. Have they lost their life savings? Well, who knows what they've got stashed away in the Cayman Islands, but they sure haven't had any income for the past five+ years. Steve can still sell his book and profit from it, and he has a job and an income. So, who really lost, here?

The Ramseys' career of suing anyone who looks at them cross-eyed will come to an end and it will all turn around and bite them in their lying a$$es.

BTW, did the skank ever explain this?

1. Thomas doesn't have enough money. I don't think the publishers have enough to settle.

2. I will honestly tell you - - if the Ramseys ever did settle this lawsuit, I would be VERY Disapponted.
    It would cause me to totally rethink my position on their character.

3. I would never think of them in the same way.

4. The lawsuit isn't about the money, it is about getting the truth out.

2. Thor

Thor Active Member

LMAO Angel

Absolutely NOTHING has changed....and certainly NOTHING has been gained by the goat & his wife...Oh, only the pure and simple fact that they continue to be all about money and self-preservation...but we already knew this!!!

The goat and his wife? That's a new one!

3. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

VP I don't know all the details of what happened with Lin Wood's family. I had heard the story about his mother and father and when Cookie asked what I knew about them I told her about the dad killing the mom and she said that was correct. I wish I knew more. If I am wrong then I would correct the information immediatly.

Anyone know the story behind this?

Tricia

4. Dunvegan

Dunvegan Guest

The story behind Lin Wood's mother's murder by his father...

It was reported by the Krista Reeves in <b><a href="http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/extra/ramsey/1107ramsd.shtml">the Sept. 11, 1999 Rocky Mountain News</a></b>:<ol> ATLANTA -- "John and Patsy Ramsey are probably the most convicted individuals in recent history who have never been charged with any crime."

So says L. Lin Wood, the Ramseys' recently hired libel lawyer, from his downtown Atlanta conference room, overlooking Centennial Olympic Park.

<b>{snip the usual Richard Jewell reference}</b>

Now he is involved in the Ramsey case, the strains of which echo eerily into Wood's own life.

As a 16-year-old, Wood returned home one evening to find his father sobbing and his mother battered and lifeless.

"I can't even imagine a parent finding a child," Wood says tersely. "I can only remember a child finding a parent."

<b>{snip more Jewell references}</b>

After meeting the Ramseys, Wood is just as convinced of their innocence as he is of Jewell's.

"They're not murderers," he says. "I'm sure of that."

Wood says he wouldn't have taken their case if he had thought they were guilty. He gets paid on a contingency basis, earning a percentage of any legal settlement they get -- not an hourly fee.

"I'm a professional but also a businessman," he said. "I'm not going to stay in business very long with clients who are guilty."

Wood says he is confident the Ramseys have been libeled in the nation's media, but he says he is still investigating what he may file on their behalf. He will begin, he says, with a civil suit against The Star supermarket weekly on behalf of John and Patsy Ramsey's 12-year-old son, Burke.

<b>{snip, snip}</b>

Fighting back seems to come naturally to the impassioned and opinionated Lucian Lincoln Wood Jr., once described in Vanity Fair as "movie-star handsome, with green eyes and styled hair."

Wood likes the line and says he taught his youngest children to parrot it, rewarding them with a dollar every time they got it right.

His courtly demeanor belies an aggressive style in and out of the courtroom. He accused Colorado Gov. Bill Owens of lying when the governor said the Ramseys hadn't cooperated with authorities.

During Jewell's libel proceedings, Wood and Atlanta newspaper attorney Peter Canfield had fiery exchanges, with Wood once crowding Canfield so closely that their noses touched, prompting headlines about Wood's "in-your-face" approach to litigation.

Atlanta lawyer Terry Sullivan says Wood's bandbox appearance can be deceptive.

"He may win the beauty contest," Sullivan says, "but he's never going to be Miss Congeniality."

<b>{snip}</b>

Wood grew up in Macon, Ga., an old-money town where "bluebloods" rule the social scene. Lin was an athlete with good grades in high school, but he was from the wrong side of the tracks, he says, and his family struggled to make ends meet. The struggles covered a terrible secret he and his sister shared: Their parents' heavy drinking often led to violent arguments.

Eventually, the worst happened.

After a school dance, the then 16-year-old Lin came home to find his father crying and his mother lying battered and lifeless in a bedroom. His father said she fell in the bathtub, a story he clung to throughout his life.

The evidence showed otherwise. But Lin still loved his father, so he got him a lawyer.

"It could just as easily have been my mother who killed my father," he says. "They both were capable of violence.

'I would have fought just as hard for her."

He sold his mother's car and raised money for his father's defense. Eventually, L. Lin Wood Sr. pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter, a charge reduced from first-degree murder. He served two years in prison.

Watching the judicial system work in his father's case cinched Lin Wood Jr.'s decision to become a lawyer.

He stayed with friends and finished high school before attending college. After earning a law degree, he made a name for himself in Atlanta as someone who could win large settlements -- and judgments -- in medical malpractice cases.

A string of failed marriages might have been the price. His present wife, Debby, who he's been with for 12 years, is his fourth marriage. Four children share their household: Matt, 17; Ashley, 14; Charlie, 11; and Chandler, 8.

Jewell was Wood's first high-profile client, but he wasn't his only one. Wood has also represented Anne Davis, the former mistress of Georgia family-values gubernatorial candidate Mike Bowers. And he is presently involved in representing AirTran airlines in a libel case against the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

The bar was raised in Jewell's case against The Atlanta Journal-Constitution recently when he was ruled a public figure because he had given interviews to the media about his first-hand view of the park bombing.

<b>{snip, snip}</b>

Like Jewell in the days after the bombing, the Ramseys have been accused of "acting strangely" after their daughter's murder, Wood says.

"I discovered my mother's body when I was 16 years old," he says. "There was no guidebook to tell me how to look and react in what I experienced."

His face flushed, eyes moist, he drums his fingers rapidly on the conference table. "'They didn't act right.' My advice would be to refrain from that kind of judgment until you've walked in their shoes."

He remembers his own struggles after his mother's death. "You just hope you make the right decisions," he says. "But if you don't, you hope that you will be understood and forgiven."</ol><b>And, at the bottom of this same article you'll find the reason the Hotlanta mouthpiece is known far and wide as "Limp Wood":</b><ol>To those who scoff at the notion that the Ramseys were mistreated by the media, he repeats a favorite saying of a former mentor when he began practicing medical malpractice law in Atlanta.

"You know what a small limp is?" he says. "It's somebody else's limp."</ol><b>That's Leroy Lincoln, all right: Somebody else's limp.</b>

5. Watching You

Oh, I get it, now

his father killed his mother - beat her bloody, right? But, it could have been his mother who killed his father. But, he loved his father, so he sold his mother's car to get money to pay a defense attorney, and his father only spent two years in prison on a plea deal. This learning (?) experience was the catylist that propelled him into the litigation field.

Yep, makes sense to me. The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree, as we know, and violence seemed to be the norm in his parents' home - they knocked the pistol out of each other. Though there have been no reports of physical violence from Wood, he has shown that he has a tendency to be extremely verbally abusive - witness his statement that Steve Thomas was mentally ill, calling Governor Owens a liar, and other abusive statements he has made. His "in your face" actions are not impressive but abusive.

Shall we look at it realistically? What lesson did Limpwood learn from what happened with his mother and father? He learned that it's really not so important if one parent beats the **** out of the other and kills him/her, as long as you still have one parent left, because you love him/her. He learned that killing your wife will get you two years for manslaughter. He became an expert on who is guilty and who is not - witness his statement of fact that the Ramseys are innocent - all from his own experience.

Finding a parent dead at the hands of the other parents has got to be one of the worst things that can happen to a kid, but Lin Wood has not only dismissed what his father did to his mother, he has dishonored his mother by sounding as if it were no big deal. At least, that's what I get from reading his words. He's a real piece of work. In the words of the swamp skank, that's my opinion, and I can say it.

6. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Wow. Another woman's life and the guy only gets 2 years in jail! WooHOOOOO. Everybody feel free to go out and slap around and/or murder any woman you see! Nobody cares! They never run out of excuses as to why the prison sentence, if anyone even bothers prescribing one, will be next to nothing!!

7. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

BobC

Been there...done that and this lady packs so watch your P's and Q's.

8. Tricia

Dun Thank You so much. I knew I could count on you to come up with the "family jewels" sorta speak haha.

I didn't think my revulsion for Lin Wood could go any deeper until I read this.

"Lucian Lincoln Wood Jr., once described in Vanity Fair as "movie-star handsome, with green eyes and styled hair."

Wood likes the line and says he taught his youngest children to parrot it, rewarding them with a dollar every time they got it right. "

What a sick ego this bottom feeder has. He even had the gall to tell this to a national magazine. Like it was something to be proud of.

Actually my revulsion for Wood is as deep as it can go after reading about the murder of his mother.

Did it ever occur to him that perhaps his father should be treated like a criminal since he MURDERED A WOMAN WITH HIS BARE HANDS???

WY you are so right in your description of Wood and how he dismissed his mother's murder.

Now we all know his arrogance, his evilness is not an act. He truly is a dark person. Just the perfect creature for the Ramsey's and swamp skank to hang with.

I still say the magazine that put him on the cover of their desperate and dateless issue should be held liable if he ever marries again. Should have come with a big disclaimer. Like a red circle with a line through it on his face.

Hey wait a minute didn't the article say he has been married to the same woman for 12 years? It's dated 1999. So since Wood did appear on the cover of desperate and dateless with the only companion that could stand his smell, his horse, wife # 4 must be history.

Gee I wonder why????

Tricia

9. Mandarin

Mandarin Member

Judst Maybe ...

Whoa Nellie .... just maybe, just maybe, Woody's fixin to get hitched with our dear Patti. You know, due to some sort of guilt over defending his Dad's savage rage against his mom.

Or maybe, just maybe, he's protecting good ole Jonboy from the slammer, as he did for his dear old dad.

In any case, Mr. Movie Star really only has the hots for one true thing .... The Ramsey Bank Account and I'm betting he's doing a damn good job of draining it daily, all the while puffing himself up as the defender of Innocents - yeah right Woody. Just like you defended your innocent dad.

On the other hand, maybe he's hoping the Rams will adopt him and leave the dwindling pot of gold to him.

Do people actually take this 'ambulance chaser' seriously? I'm guessing that the most influential people in the Ram case are starting to get pretty fed up with his verbal diarrhea. I know I AM!

Regards,
    Mandarin

10. Tricia

I can tell you that in the legal circles Wood is laughed at and seen as the worst type of lawyer. Nobody likes him nor do they respect him.

Wood has to know that he is considered a joke by all respected people in the field of law. Perhaps it is his feelings of inadequacy that makes him so nasty and such a poor lawyer.

Deep down Wood must know he is a hollow person. There is nothing to his soul. Nobody really wants him around. Wood is not someone you think about. Wood is not someone who has much. No one thinks about L.L. Wood. No one worries about him. Not a friend. Not a neighbor. Certainly not his fellow lawyers.

He aligns himself with people who kill their children. He passes along information to a woman who is obsessed with people who kill children. His father killed his mother with his bare hands and he pulled out all the stops to make sure his killer father spent 2 years in prison for beating a woman to death.

Do you see a sick common thread here?

He must know he is a joke.

He must know he is empty inside.

L.L.Wood is like a zombie when it comes to what makes the rest of us human. Feelings. L.L. Wood has no feelings.

He and Patsy are the perfect couple.

Tricia

11. Mandarin

Mandarin Member

Hollow & Shallow

Yep Trish, he's definitely hollow - has to be. And undoubtedly, shallow too. That's why he chose that aspect of the legal professional suing everybody's *** on behalf of those he sees on T.V. Guess he moved up from ambulance chasing & suing doctors.

Seriously though, this man has certainly got to be very troubled. I'd say the reason he was all for the defense of his father was definitely nothing noble, but simply to protect his own welfare at the time. Maybe Dad was paying the bills you know and ole Woody needed the bucks from Dad to start his legal ascent.

Any child who has lived with two raging, battling alcoholics does not come out of the situation emotionally or mentally 'in tact'. He never goes on to say that he sought and went through any sort of therapy, so I'm guessing he's carring around a lot of baggage, that would of course include the guilt about his Mom.

Since he perceives his own family homicide as just another day in the Wood clan, then perhaps he perceived the Ramsey homicide as just another rage-filled day in the Ram clan. You know, kind like, "Oh well, if it hadn't been Jonbenet, then maybe it would have been Burke. After all, PR was really troubled and sick with cancer". Would that be the logic he starts with?

Oh yeah, Trish .... since he's had 4 wives and is apparently alone with his horse now, how does he manage to pay alimony or child support to the exes? through the bounty he receives from the Ram law suits, no doubt.

Just how many troubled children has he abandoned, whilst he has become the adopted son and heir to the Ram's fortunes?

Regards,
    Mandarin

Regards,
    Mandarin

12. Jeanilou

Jeanilou Member

I found the Ramsey book....

in the Biography section of one of my local libraries. I love reading biographies and was surprise to find it there.

The other library I frequent has it shelved in True Crime. That library's copy came from me. When all the books came out in paperback, I donated all my hardbacks to the library. PMPT and ST, I donated because I don't need 2 copies of the same book. And I donated the Ramsey book because I didn't want the library to have to shelve out good money for trash. Plus I get a tax donation for the books also.

13. Tricia

Hi Jeanilou! Good to see you posting.

Give our friends at the good Websleuths our best.:)

So the Ramsey book is in the Biography section of your library..
    It really should be in science fiction.

Tricia

14. Blackbird

Blackbird FFJ Senior Member

Hi Jeanilou

Welcome back, Jeanilou....

I've heard of more than one person buying DoI second hand or from eBay, just because they can't stand the idea of the Ramseys getting any royalties from the sale.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2002
  15. Watching You

Wood sounds like

a jealous man, doesn't he? Is that it? Is Wood jealous of Steve Thomas? Only people who feel inferior to someone stoop to such depths to say nasty things about them. Wood is unprofessional and petty and a disgusting puke.

16. Dunvegan

Dunvegan Guest

...just to add, WY...

...If we take into consideration the featured quote from <b><a href="http://wwww.linlaw.com">Lin Wood's website</a></b> Mr. Wood is also the self-characterized <b>"Attorney for the Damned"*</b></ol>...which to my ear sounds like a particularly disingenuous way of saying his practice is oriented to damned clients, ergo:<ol><b>damn

v. damned, damn·ing, damns
    v. tr.</b>
    <embed src="http://www.forumsforjustice.org/library/damned.wav" width="124" height="25" autostart="false">
    <ol> 1. To pronounce an adverse judgment upon. See Synonyms at condemn.
    2. To bring about the failure of; ruin.
    3. To condemn as harmful, illegal, or immoral: a cleric who damned gambling and strong drink.
    4. To condemn to everlasting punishment or a similar fate; doom...</ol><b>n.</b>

<ol> 1. The saying of “damn†as a curse.
    2. Informal. The least valuable bit; a jot: not worth a damn.**</ol></ol><b>...or...</b><ol><b>Damn \Damn\</b>

(d[a^]m), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Damned (d[a^]md or d[a^]m"n[e^]d); p. pr. & vb. n. Damning (d[a^]m"[i^]ng or d[a^]m"n[i^]ng).] [OE. damnen dampnen (with excrescent p), OF. damner, dampner, F. damner, fr. L. damnare, damnatum, to condemn, fr. damnum damage, a fine, penalty. Cf. Condemn, Damage.]

<ol>1. To condemn; to declare guilty; to doom; to adjudge to punishment; to sentence; to censure.

He shall not live; look, with a spot I damn him. --Shak.

2. (Theol.) To doom to punishment in the future world; to consign to perdition; to curse.***</ol></ol><b>...or...(Man, that subconscious need to confess is not limited to the Ramseys, is it?)...</b><ol><b>damned</b>

\Damned\, a.

<ol>1. Sentenced to punishment in a future state; condemned; consigned to perdition.

2. Hateful; detestable; abominable.****</ol></ol>If I read these definitions correctly, my analysis says that Mr. Wood is saying that he is lawyer for clients that are <font color="firebrick"><b>"Hateful; detestable; abominable" and "condemn[d] to everlasting punishment," that should expect "adverse judgment," that will be "adjudge[d] to punishment," and that are "declare[d] guilty."</b></font color>

Just sayin' what Lin Wood is just sayin'.

<ol><b>*</b><i>Quote from Dan Rather, featured at <b><a href="http://wwww.linlaw.com">Lin Wood's website</a></b>.

<b>**</b><i>Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
    Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
    Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

<b>***</b>Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

<b>****</b>Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.</i></ol>

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2002
  17. Watching You

Yeh, snicker, snicker

when I saw that melodramatic "Lawyer to the Damned," I almost died laughing. So, I said to myself, "Self, is he saying his clients are all damned to hell or does it mean his damn clients?"

All joshing aside, Wood seems to seek the spotlight, just as his most "damned," or "damn," whichever the case may be, clients do. He loves to get his puss on TV, never missing an opportunity to be controversial to the point of looking like a fool. He appears childish and immature with his continued potshots at ST and his silly veiled threats made to intimidate. He's about as intimidating as my cat.

I don't believe I've ever seen another attorney like him. He not only represents the damned Ramseys, he is like them. His vindictiveness is akin to the vindictiveness of the damned Ramseys and their damn lapdoggie at the swamp. I've never seen such a pairing (tripling?) of such like personalities. It's as if they all went to the same school of obnoxiousness and piety. I've also never seen an attorney put so much long-term effort in his damned clients - it's as if he has devoted his entire practice to defending them, to the point of calling and threatening anyone who would dare to breathe their names in vain before the fact.
    Does he even have any other clients besides the Ramseys? Why doesn't he publicize them the way he does the Rams? Something funny there.

Sleaze attracts sleaze, I guess. It's all just so strange.

18. Mandarin

Mandarin Member

Angel???

Is that a current pix of Lin Wood??? God, he's losing his hair, right?

Steve will always triumph over Lin Wood and I hate to say this, because I really DO NOT LIKE HANDSOME GUYS, but Steve is a pretty good lookin' guy and Lin Wood is pretty effeminate, weird narcissistic dude! ... period! Kinda like Clint Eastwood (Steve) versus Donald Trump (Tacky, In-Your-Face) nobody.

Steve has cajones, Lin Wood has only perilous connections! His many wives will attest to anything negative I or anyone on this board has to say about him.

Like the Rams, he is, without a doubt, the most morally bankrupt person I will ever know. He attaches himself to Jewel and the Rams for one specific reason .... and we all know what that is ..... bucks, bucks, bucks!

Regards,
    Mandarin

19. Dunvegan

Dunvegan Guest

Angel...is that a gargoyle eating a BigMac?

...hmmmm....however, I suppose if that's a gargoyle on a building in France, I suppose then he'd be eating a "Royal, with Cheese."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice