Letter from Tom Miller (don't miss this)

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Adrian Monk

Adrian Monk Member

Okay, I'll follow you down that path. Realistically, let us assemble the possible causes, once again:

1) She ran on a platform of "let's get rid of Justice in Boulder County" as an appeal to voters. (Destruction on philosophical principle.)

2) She has a personal admiration for the Ramseys and/or Lyin' Wood which is a strong enough friendly bond to motivate her to risk her career, and possibly her lack of a criminal record. (Destruction for personal reasons.)

3) She accidentally dropped a magnet into her case file, damaging the only good copy she had. Oops. (Accidental Destruction.)

4) The statute was changed in Colorado requiring all prosecutors to destroy evidence and aid and abet tort-bandits in extorting massive sums of money from the news media. (Destruction due to Colorado's wierd statutory climate.)

5) She complied with somebody's demands as a response to a personal threat. (Destruction to prevent personal physical destruction.)

6) She was offered some sort of monetary reward for erasing the tape. (Destruction for fun and profit.)

If I've missed any, feel free to bring the additional ones up.

I think that the most realistic scenario is one of monetary reward, when behavior deviates from the norm the way it does here. This is why investigators chirp, like a broken old-school-wax-record, "follow the money". Which of the others is your "realistic" favorite?

2. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Adrian, I'm trying really hard to dance with you here, not contest what you say. I've been researching/analyzing the political climate in Boulder at the time of the murder and power players therein, and some of what you post above could angle into my focus. But your points 1 through 5 above are not evidence but merely allegations (interesting ones, albeit, but still allegations).

I'm in the law business, not the philosophical one, and I gave up debating theories long ago. If you have tangible, credible evidence to support your allegations, please post either them or links to them, and then perhaps we can boogie. Thanks!

3. Adrian Monk

Adrian Monk Member

They aren't even allegations. They are alternative hypotheses given to explain the phenomenon of Mary Keenan erasing the 911 tape. I didn't even claim it to be an exhaustive list. Maybe there was some other reason under the sun known only to her and you and the trees as to why she would do such a thing; but if you know what that is, I would be highly grateful if you'd share it.

The irony in that statement, I shall cherish with a good glass of wine later on tonight. That one's going to the printer.

I only boogie after touchdowns, but I don't mind switching from deductive reasoning to the inductive, on a dime. This other more grunt-like method is going to take a while though. People don't just post their bank statements on public web pages, y'know, and I don't want to physically visit Boulder, but if Lyin' Wood is the sloppy piece of horse caca I think he is on first glance, then I think I might eventually uncover some i's he forgot to dot and some t's he forgot to cross (I mean he DID call the victim "JonBent" for cryin' out loud!) Maybe his website took all the IIS defaults out of the box, or didn't apply all the millions of patches Billy Boy Gates requires to make a server engineer's life interesting. It'll be fun to find out if that can lead to the Butler's Entrance to his SMTP server, "and hence" all his emails. (A sniffer would, after all, be cheating!) In the mean time will you play the role of the Woodie Spin Team?

And here, just so you know I'm not being mean about all this:

:)

After about five minutes of half investigating and half watching TV, I've found that his hosting company is:

http://www.eli.net

Vancouver, on the U.S. side. And from that, I have a possible lead on a whole new line of inquiry, which for now I will keep entirely to myself.

4. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

ADRIAN MONK STOP!!!

Please understand there is NO EVIDENCE to suggest Keenan destroyed EVIDENCE. None whatsoever.

It is possible that a copy of a copy of a copy of the 911 tape released to the public might have an erase attempt at the end. Although I have total faith in the lab Spade used we have to get it confirmed with someone who will go public with the information.

What is released to the public and what is used as actual first generation evidence are two totally different things.

Too many people heard the 911 tape. I would bet you anything Aerospace has a copy of the enhanced version as well. There is no way Keenan or anyone else would mess with that piece of evidence.

That's where your theory loses its steam. You can't make the leap to Keenan tampering with evidence when there is not one shred of evidence to suggest such a thing.

Tricia

5. Adrian Monk

Adrian Monk Member

Inductive nuggets against Keenan and Wood

http://jfjbr.tripod.com/truth/sep00.html

"
    Keenan released a statistical analysis to attempt to debunk a claim that she has a weak record of prosecuting child sex assault cases; in last night's debate she said she no longer has the disposition sheets to support the totals from which her numbers are based. Her statistical summary showed that between 1991 and 1999 she handled 239 child victim cases which combines sex assault cases and a small portion of physical abuse cases. Of those cases, according to her numbers 49 percent resulted in a prison or jail sentence. Alan Rosenfeld's research into her record shows that of the 126 child sexual assault cases Keenan handled between 1995 and 2000 only 19 defendants received prison time. Rosenfield says her record is clear and that Keenan "continues to lie about it."
    "

This goes to her overall credibility and character.

6. Adrian Monk

Adrian Monk Member

Keenan all about the Benjamins

http://jfjbr.tripod.com/truth/jan01.html

January 4, 2001
    Boulder County commissioners set District Attorney-elect Mary Keenan's salary at $110,000. The decision set Keenan's salary 7.3 percent higher than Hunter's and will take effect when she takes office next week.

Paul Danish was quoted as saying to Keenan: "And if you prosecute every case as convincingly as you have pleaded your case today, woe unto evildoers".

The salary met Keenan's request for a starting salary but fell short of granting her the annual increases that she asked for. Her salary is to remain frozen for four years.

Keenan sold herself by reminding the county of what she called her strengths, and claiming a "15-hour work day".

Keenan said she could expect to receive $200,000 to $250,000 in the private sector for performing the same types of duties.

-------------
    This goes to motive.

7. Tricia

Adrian Monk this has nothing to do with Keenan tampering with evidence. Your leap frog into this accusation makes no sense whatsoever.

I'll say it again. There is not one shred of evidence to suggest Keenan even so much as touched the original 911 tape. Let alone erased it. To imply otherwise is irresponsible.

8. Adrian Monk

Adrian Monk Member

Keenan, Kontinued

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_1914253,00.html
    "
    It was a Wood victory - the March 31 decision by U.S. District Judge Julie Carnes dismissing a libel and slander suit against the Ramseys by Boulder journalist Chris Wolf - that triggered Keenan's April 7 statement.
    "

---------
    This goes to show that Wood exercises an enormous level of control over Mary Keenan. The official story is that this was made under a threat of a lawsuit, but Keenan fervently denied, both in her campaign and during her administration, that she would ever be bullied by any party ever, as DA. What changed? When making these earlier promises, was she not aware that Lyin' Wood was a litigious ******* who would sue a ham sandwich for the mayonnaise he could scrape off of it? WHAT, exactly, CHANGED?

The above 180 in Keenan's attitude, from being openly defiant of Woodie to being his sock puppet, is suggestive *evidence* of somebody showing somebody else, the MONEY.

9. Adrian Monk

Adrian Monk Member

Keenan disregards facts

http://www.acandyrose.com/05202003keenanletter.htm

Our very own Delmar England's extensive yet concise and compelling case *against* an intruder, which Keenan just flippantly tossed into the round file. And yet, every single crackpot "intruder lead" defecated out of one of Lyin' Bastard Wood's horses gets planted firmly in the to-do list.

She willfully avoids paying any attention to the evidence, and persists in acting as an extension of L. Lin Wood's own law offices--the Boulder Branch.

If she's on the team, and she's all about the money, how could she not be on the PAYROLL?

10. Adrian Monk

Adrian Monk Member

And finally

I can see now that Keenan has a Spin Team as well.

I'm out.

11. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

LOL!

Actually..........we are a Multi-Mary Fan Club.........Mary, Mary, and Mary. There must be a rule somewhere regarding this case that states if your name is Mary, you milk it like a Cow at the Dairy.

:rolleyes:
    RR

12. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Well, then

Adrian Monk, I don't like Keenan, either. I don't respect her and I sure don't trust her as far as I can throw her. I suspect she is cowtowing - not only to the RST, but also to her own biases concerning this case. How dare she get into bed with the RST? She took the JBR case away from the BPD because her own theory didn't fit with theirs and because Limpwood threatened to sue the city of Boulder if she didn't.

She held the power, and she wielded it like a huge club - she brought in the biggest RST fool there was - Lou Smit, and proceeded to go down the intruder path. That was wrong. She did exactly what she and the RST (wrongly) accused the BPD of doing - pursued one theory instead of staying neutral and letting the evidence tell the story, not having Lou Smit and Lin Wood twist the evidence the way they wanted it to go.

I honestly have to wonder if she even knows what the real evidence is or if she's looked only at Lou Smit's Powerpoint presentation. I've seen it happen before - speechwriters and (trusted) advisors tell the top dogs what's going on, and the top dogs never even get involved with meticulously going through the evidence themselves. It's a time issue. She is not going to spend time going through all that evidence herself. She relies on what her investigators tell her, and at least one of her investigators is pro-Ramsey, part of the RST.

I do not for one minute believe Keenan has tampered with any evidence in this case. In the first place, it would be political suicide for her to do so, especially in the case of the 911 tape, not to mention it's a crime. I don't know this, but I'd bet the BPD kept a few copies of that tape and the Aerospace-enhanced tape. You've got a police department and a DA's office who don't trust each other. Oh yeh, they are going to cover their butts, don't ever doubt it.

There is no way I would believe Keenan herself tampered with that tape, and I'm not sure anyone did - at least not in the BPD or the DA's office. Wood's an arrogant as$, to be sure, but he's not stupid. He knows there are more copies of the original tapes out there. He can't be sure there weren't copies smuggled out by some who didn't trust the DA's office for use in covering their own butts in the future if need be.

I believe that Keenan is terminally incompetent and is determined to pursue her own opinions instead of hiring indisputably unbiased investigators in the JBR case. I'm not upholding her honesty, because I don't believe she is an honest person. If she were, she would not have brought in Lou Smit, an avowed Ramsey advocate, to be part of the investigation team. But, unless being incompetent is a crime, I don't think anyone ought to be accusing her of committing a crime. There is absolutely no evidence that Keenan either erased or had erased any portion of that tape.

13. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Let me just add

that this is the most flucked up case I've ever heard of, and the Boulder DA's office is bizarre and, IMO, corrupt. My jaw has dropped many times at the happenings there - unprofessional and incredible happenings that I would not have believed unless I knew it for a fact - things that would never ever happen anywhere else happen in Boulder. If anyone were ever going to try to erase part of a 911 tape, it would probably be in Boulder because of all the other stupid stuff they've pulled. But, not for money. For the good incestuous good old boy network.

Again, Keenan didn't mess with that tape.

14. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

We all have suspicions regarding Mary Keenan; a garden variety of them. Clearly the handling of this case by her office is far worse than the job BPD did. None of us dispute that such handling is a direct result of cowardice in the face of lawsuit threats. Very few of us continue to deny that some type of illicit influence was brought to bear through all the attorneys in this case since its inception.

To refer to this forum as a "Keenan spin team" is absolutely ludicrous! There are only a very few here who have any favorable opinion of Mary Keenan. However, there are very plenty here who understand the meaning of the term "evidence" as something far more than personal opinion and suspicion to support even more personal opinion and suspicion. If you truly believe this, I would direct you to read the Petition we all signed demanding that this case be removed from Keenan's jurisdiction and placed in the hands of someone far more competent with far less personal interests to be served, so that justice can be achieved in this case.

"Fact"
    1. A piece of information about circumstances that exist or events that have occurred;
    2. A concept whose truth can be proved;
    3. A statement or assertion of verified information about something that is in the case or has happened;
    4. An event known to have happened or something known to have existed.

"Evidence" all the means by which any alleged matter of fact whose truth is investigated at judicial trial is established or disproved; something that tends to establish or disprove a fact. Evidence can include documents, eye-witness testimony, and other objects.

Adrian, by your own words in a previous post, your very pointed suspicions of Mary Keenan are "alternative hypotheses" therefore not fact. You have yet to post any proof to support those hypotheses. Conjecture is not proof, conjecture is not evidence, conjecture is not fact. As you have been told numerous times by many posters here, there are no FACTS, no EVIDENCE that has come to light as yet to substantiate any attorney conspiracy theory or any allegation that Keenan's office made any willful effort to erase the 911 tape copy. If you have anything other than your opinion to suggest that Keenan or her staff is guilty of some breach of law or ethics, once again, I challenge you to post it or surrender it to authorities. Until such time as any that any verification of your allegations is available, there remains nothing but inflammatory conjecture. How you could possibly interpret that position as supportive of Keenan is beyond my logic.

The point is that no one is arguing with you about Keenan's job performance or integrity. The point is, THERE IS NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT YOUR THEORIES regarding her job performance and integrity. These are two very separate and distinct issues. At FFJ, most of us discuss facts already in evidence on this case, or new evidence that we have discovered, and it is well known forum decorum to substantiate our posts with links to information that verify evidentiary nature. Goading other posters into a b-tch-fest of what is nothing more than malicious gossip regarding Keenan is not only counterproductive to our objectives in this case, but devisive in our membership. Enough already. Your energies would be better used to discover something to support your alternative hypotheses rather than continue berating FFJ members simply because they demand proof.

15. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

Yeah, WY!! Agree with your take on Boulder - from then to now. I particularly believe the old boy network thing, which seems to prevail in Boulder like places.

16. Tricia

Adrian Monk if you are suggesting that I am part of the Keenan spin team then you are so far off base I don't even know how to respond.

Take a look at the petition. I want Keenan off the case.

However as DejaNe said it is counter productive to throw out accusations without basis.

Because Keenan is incompetent therefore we should make the leap that she tampered with evidence. Sorry that would be wrong and down right horrible to do.

I want the truth. To find the truth I need facts. No matter where that truth leads. Accusations based on no facts whatsoever doesn't fly with me. It's wrong.

If you can't see that then I am sorry. Perhaps FFJ isn't' the place for you after all.

17. Spade

Spade Member

Keenan

It is ridiculous to think that Mary Keenan or anyone from her office altered evidence in this or any other case. It is equally ridiculous to think that Tricia or anyone on FFJ is part of Keenan's "spin team".

However, I have posted from the getgo and firmly believe that Mary Keenan or someone from her office REDACTED/erased the voices that Aerospace Corporation discovered in the 11 seconds after Patsy Ramsey attempted to hang up the phone from her poorly acted 911 call; BUT only on the copy of the tape they released to the public. IMO Mary Keenan did nothing illegal and Ashleigh Brilliant's quote has a particular application to the internet:

"It's not evil people who do most of the harm in the world....it's stupid people."

18. Elle

Elle Member

A fantastic find WY

What a fantastic find WY. Thank you for posting this. This is a wonderful letter by Tom Miller.

I love the following paragraph from Tom Miller's letter. It makes me feel so good!:

Having faced the ferocious wealth of the Ramseys, I cannot afford at present to run against the Ramsey-owned Boulder District Attorney, Mary Keenan. But if I could, and I was elected, my first official act would be to extradite the Ramseys from Georgia, and to indict them for the murder of their daughter. I would expose the ransom note as Patsy Ramsey’s work. They would stand trial.
    I must thank young Jeff Shapiro for having made his erroneous analogy, with erroneous facts, to bring to the surface the utterly solvable and solved JonBenét Ramsey case.

Three cheers for Tom Miller!!

19. Niner

Niner Active Member

on the letter Dr. Miller writes:
    has THIS editorial been posted anywhere??:-( If so, could you point me to it - if not, can someone direct me to that!??!!

Thanks! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice