Linda Arndt speaks (with forked tongue)

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Jun 28, 2006.

1. sboyd

sboyd Member

Definitely KoldKase. Definitely, Arndt is now going to feed off this by writing a book. What else would I expect Patsy to say to Arndt. "Listen Det. Arndt, promise me you won't look any further".

This is the idiot, moron - who didn't have what it takes to keep John from roaming the house, didn't have what it takes to NOT TOUCH THE BODY. So she was the only cop there, so what - she is not dealing with gang members, just keep everyone in the solarium and if need be explain why you are doing it if people get antsy. I am definitely not buying her assenine book. She's an idiot.

As for that book, which doesn't have the answer as she admits, but will enlighten us as to 90% of the untruths about the evidence, Arndt you are full of %^$. You have nothing at all.

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Hi Shadow!

3. VP

VP Member

Found this in a Larry King Transcript

P. RAMSEY: You know, this has subverted justice in this country like nothing in the history of the Constitution of this country. We have had now two detectives from the Boulder Police Department: First, Detective Arndt comes on, and emphatically, as emphatic as Mr. Thomas is this evening, says that John Ramsey was the murderer. She could see it in his eyes the day that we found JonBenet. Now, Mr. Thomas, as emphatic but with yet another idea of how this happened, says that Patsy is the murderer.

And then there was this bizarre but funny exchange that I just have to throw in:
    J. RAMSEY: Do you have a pet?

THOMAS: I do, and if I could respond...

J. RAMSEY: If that pet ever -- and pets do this -- wet on the floor, would you kill it?

THOMAS: I know how much I love my pet, my dad, my wife.

J. RAMSEY: Would you kill it, Steve?

THOMAS: And if somebody killed my dog, I would be at the sheriff's department, the police department, every day. J. RAMSEY: But would you kill your dog...

THOMAS: ... until I found out who came in my house, wrote a phony ransom note and killed my dog.

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

The Ramseys IN FACT had TWO DOGS, both of the bichon frise breed. This breed is notorious for being hard to house train. Where did we read that the first dog either died, or Patsy "replaced" it?

Then there was Jacques. He ended up being loaded off on the neighbor across the street, where JonBenet had to go to see him occassionally. Why?

JACQUES WET THE FLOORS. Bye bye, Jacques. You were the lucky one.

Bad choice of comparisons, John.

5. wombat

wombat Member

Oh, it's much better than that, KK - the first dog, Jacques, came from a pet store and was probably a puppy mill dog. It started to get sick, which turned out to be fatal (according to PPR), so Patsy took it back to the store, and got a new one that looked just like it, and told JonBenet that it was Jacques. JonBenet noticed that the dog wouldn't come when she called, etc., however, Patsy says in DOI that she didn't figure it out, and didn't know that Patsy had her dog killed.

Kind of like a rehearsal?

6. koldkase

Oh, wait, are you saying the dog died while the Ramseys had it? I can't remember exactly.

7. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I remember that Pasty said she returned the sick dog to the pet store, but I have no recollection that she said she had it euthanized - just that she got another dog and tried to fool JB with it.

8. wombat

wombat Member

You're right WY - she said she just took it back to the store...but I don't think it was nursed back to health in a doggie hospital...

I hate stuff like this, being a major dog person.

9. koldkase

Me, too.

10. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

I can't stand cruelty to animals.

11. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Actually I can understand this, if you pay good money for an animal you expect it to have good health. I would have taken it back too. Besides it was a fatal illness not likely to be nursed back to health anywhere.

12. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

GMA interview

“I saw black with thousands of lights and everything that I had noted that morning that stuck out instantly made sense,†Arndt says. “JonBenét was clearly dead and had been dead for a while.

“I leaned down to her face and John leaned down opposite me and his face was just inches from mine. We had a nonverbal exchange that I will never forget and he asked if she was dead and I said yes, she’s dead, and I told him to go back to the room and to dial 911.

“As we looked at each other and I remember - I wore a shoulder holster - tucking my gun right next to me and consciously counting out the 18 bullets.â€

When asked why, Arndt said, “Cause I didn’t know if we’d all be alive when people showed up. I knew what happened, I knew what happened to her.â€

Vargas: Do you think your fear was well founded?

Arndt: You bet I do. There’s no doubt in my mind.

Vargas: To this day?

Arndt: Never waivered.

Vargas: Do you think he knew what you suspected?

Arndt: I hope he didn’t. I hoped he didn’t.

Vargas: Why?

Arndt: I needed him not to know what I felt.

Vargas: What you suspected?

Arndt: What I believed.

13. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

It just gets more bizarre.

14. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

Hi, Bad Bob... it's been awhile since we talked. Are you still creating computer games? My 17 year old grandson is a computer nerd and was actually a beta tester for some big game - don't remember which.

THe only JBR book I ever bought was Steve Thomas'. I will not buy Linda's book, but I will read it.

15. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Chuck Green's Column:

RE: Linda Arndt, etc. (excerpt)

Detective Linda Arndt, the officer in charge of the crime scene in the Ramsey home, set the tone for the investigation. Instead of securing the scene to preserve evidence, she permitted at least a dozen people unlimited access to the house, encouraging family members and friends to search the premises.

Then, when the little girl’s body was discovered in a basement storage room, evidence was irrevocably contaminated as her father picked up the corpse and carried it upstairs to the living room. Her mother then cradled the victim and sobbed over the body, further destroying evidence while pleading with Lazarus to raise the dead.

After allowing all of this "by the book" pollution of the evidence, Arndt then took it upon herself to shift the body around, adding to the taint.

It got worse from there.

Proper police interrogation of JonBenet’s parents and brother - the only people known to be in the house when the child beauty contestant was murdered - was delayed for weeks. Kobe further isolated his office from outside assistance, even closing out the Boulder prosecutor’s office from helping out.

Finally Kobe, who had pledged that the murderer wouldn’t walk, walked himself, resigning from office and abandoning his duty to find the killer.

The death last weekend of JonBenet’s mother, Patsy Ramsey, brought the decade-old case back to the front page.

The mother, a determined beauty queen herself, had spent nearly every waking hour of JonBenet’s six years grooming the little girl for pageant competition. Even in death, as she was put to rest in her tiny coffin, JonBenet was adorned in a pageant gown and crowned with a sparkling tiara.

Many suspected Patsy to be the prime murder suspect, and she and her husband both were described as being "under the umbrella of suspicion" by Boulder police. Several aspects of the murder indicated it may have been committed by someone in the family - someone who had unhurried access to the home during the night, cared enough for JonBenet to wipe her body and lay it out carefully with a blanket, knew the family finances, and someone who might be obsessed with a pretty little girl.

The Ramseys avoided formal interrogation by police for four months, hiring a battery of high-priced lawyers to insulate them from detectives. As they were keeping police at bay, though, they waited only six days to grant a national TV interview and later hosted a group media event.

With Patsy Ramsey’s death after a long battle against ovarian cancer, the mystifying case seems hopelessly stagnant.

16. Elle

Elle Member

I remember reading she had looked right into John Ramsey's eyes and wondered if she had enough bullets in her gun.

It seems she definitely bonded with Patsy Ramsey, but from the information above, she's not saying she has bonded with John. I'm afraid I'll have to buy it to find out Tricia. I want to know about these secrets. Hope she doesn't take too long to finish her book.

17. rashomon

rashomon Member

Lol, good one, WY.
    Linda Arndt happily ran around in the PD with a bunch of flowers she had gotten from John and Patsy.

Steve Thomas' sarcastic remark in his book: "Detectives normally don't get flowers from suspects." But this is Boulder, after all.

18. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

How true it is.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice