Local native loses spotlight in race against JonBenet's dad

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by JustinCase, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Found it, EW. It's like I used to say to my kids - I teach you right from wrong, I teach you good from evil. If you choose wrong or evil, it's not because you don't know any better, and there will be no excuses good enough for me. Proceed with that thought in mind, because you will live with the consequences of your actions.

This is exactly how I feel about Michigan. The information is out there, should they choose to do the research. If they don't, then they will have to deal with the consequences of electing a man who is still a suspect in the murder and cover up of same of his daughter. If they elect him, I will think they are all crazier than loons.

2. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

"I doubt if anyone will question why people outside Michigan have been the main supporters of Ramsey's campaign. One thought is that these supporters are so glad he's in Michigan, they are going to help him stay there."

I don't know if they will question it or not, and I am not looking for Ramsey to win.

I had the same thought. :) Morevoer it shows that this family is not the "most hated couple" in history, as Mr. Wood would like to have everyone believe.

3. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Splitting the Vote!!!

John Ramsey locked in four-way battle for House seat

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

BY SHAWN WINDSOR
    FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

John Ramsey, father of slain beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey, is locked in a tight race with three other Republicans in next Tuesday's primary for the 105th Michigan House District in northern Michigan, according a poll released today.

Ramsey, who now lives in Charlevoix, trails Kevin Elsenheimer, an Antrim County attorney, who leads with 20 percent. Ramsey has 18 percent, Gaylord builder Jeff Garfield has 17 percent, and legislative aide Craig Ryan, 16 percent, according to the poll by Lansing-based EPIC/MRA. All are within the poll's 5 percentage point margin of error.

The district is overwhelmingly Republican and the GOP primary winner is virtually assured of winning in the November general race.

Ed Sarpolus, who conducted the poll, said the anti-Ramsey vote is so divided between the other candidates that Ramsey has a chance to win.

He's in a strong second position,'' Sarpoulus said. He's done very well to make himself competitive.''

Ramsey polled best with older voters. His daughter was killed in the family's Colorado home in December 1996. The murder remains unsolved.

http://www.freep.com/news/latestnews/pm20872_20040728.htm

4. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I wouldn't care if Mickey Mouse were the only candidate running against Ramsey. I'd vote for Mickey.

5. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

That's what I was afraid of. If Ramsey wins the primary, he wins the whole shebang. Then, as an incumbent, he's practically a shoe-in for every election after that.

Here's a horrible thought. If John lives to be as old as Senator Helms, we'll have at least 40 years of John & Patsy on the public dole accompanied by incessant, and sanctimonious, declarations of their "public vindication."

I hope the voters of Michigan will not be so blind, but it's like WY and others have said, it's their funeral. We've done all we can do.

P. S. Are we allowed to say "funeral"? Or is that another word the Ramseys own?

IMO

6. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Banned Words

It's utterly ridiculous and childish to read sinister connotations into words. It's like political correctness - it could get totally out of hand and end up with no-one being able to speak. e.g.

Does that mean no-one can say that Patsy looks "stunning"?

Or that one of John's speech has struck a "chord" in someone's "heart"?

Or that no-one can say their going to drop John a "note" or wish him "Merry Christmas"?

Jeff Garfield could rightfully have a field day with this piece of nonsense.

7. Cherokee

LOL, Jay.

I'm sure the Ramseys would have a fit if Jeff Garfield said he was "stunned" by the Ramsey's dirty campaign tricks. ;-)

IMO

8. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Heaven help us all if he either wins or loses by 118 votes! :eek:

9. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Don't go there Pal.

10. Cherokee

Yeah well, if John loses, you can't blame him and his big attache' full of money from all over the US. After all, he's done his level best to buy the election.

IMO

11. Little

Little Member

I have one!! I have one!!

How about "you hold my heart in the palm of your hand".

Little

12. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

AHHHHHHHHHH Barbara you made me spew drink all over my pc screen!!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice