1. Elle

Elle Member

KK,

Thank you for posting the transcript of Mark Beckner's depo.

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I just learned there's a punk band here in Houston named "The Jonbenet"--I'm serious. There's an ad for one of their shows in the freetime paper this week

3. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Gutter candy just fainted....

4. koldkase

Oh, I only posted the opening stuff to see if we can figure out where to get the transcript of Smit's depo. If you want to read Beckner's entire depo, it's at ACR's in full:

http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/11262001Depo-MarkBeckner.htm

You know, in looking for this info, I've been reminded of how many depositions really are online from this suit. Only a few didn't make it, at least in part. How interesting that Wood didn't want Smit's in the public, when he put the Ramseys' depositions out here. We even saw some of the taping of the Ramseys. Yet Smit's depo is buried. Smit is the whole reason Carnes threw out the suit, as anyone reading her decision can see, since she repeats his well known erroneous conclusions and misinformation endlessly.

Well, there was also Darnay's shocking carelessness in litigating this case.... You know, stuff like NOT SHOWING UP FOR THE DEPOSITION OF MARK BECKNER. How many lawyers wouldn't relish questioning Mark Beckner about this case? Wood sure did. Darnay, with the chance of a lifetime...doesn't even bother to show up.

5. koldkase

Oh My God.

I googled this, and sure enough...don't click here unless you really expect to be shocked and possibly grossed out:

http://thejonbenet.com/

Now I just want to know what inspired this hard core post punk band to use this name.

6. wombat

wombat Member

the Jonbenet band has been around a while, a couple of years at least. They play here in the NYC area now and then.

Thought everyone knew.

7. Tez

Tez Member

BWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! I think she needs artificial respiration and CPR and no, I'm not volunteering for that job!!!!! :angel:

8. Tez

Tez Member

But, yet he can send a limo for that baby killer Joel S. Shows just how screwed up his priorities are, doesn't it? :verdict:

9. koldkase

OK, here The JonBenet gives a tongue-in-cheek answer to the question of their name:

In reading about the band, what their fans say about their music, reviews, they're in the shocker/headbanger/you-don't-want-to-know category of music and lyrics.

Here, they address the question again:

So, it's really about using JonBenet's name for instant recognition and easy remembrance.

Great. Now she's a marketing tool for a vile, childish group of self-promoting sociopaths in a bad band. Perfect.

10. koldkase

Nope, never thought about it, either. But they played in Denver and The Daily Camera column about music in the area said something like "You knew it was just a matter of time...."

11. koldkase

Yeah, well, I think Darnay tried to use the excuse he has a fear of flying or some such. At least, when he petitioned for a hearing in Georgia before three judges on some (appeal? motion?) issue and left them sitting there twiddling their thumbs, that's one story we heard. You gotta wonder, though, just why he'd ASK for a hearing when he KNEW he had to be there. Or did he expect they'd let him get away with a phone conference call on that one, as well?

Darnay also didn't show up for the appeal hearing in Colorado on the Grand Jury Witness issue, which he'd already WON. Every talking head on TV said it was a shoe-in, that the Grand Jury law on witnesses being able to speak about their testimony was not only outdated and unconstitutional, but few witnesses even honored it. Think of John Douglas, who talked about his testimony to the press. But Darnay didn't even show up for that one...and so lost the appeal. I couldn't believe it.

Think about the circus he made of his involvement in this case. His main handwriting expert just quit in the middle of his deposition. Darnay didn't even use all his deposition time to question under oath the number one suspect in a child murder in this country.

I will give him this: he got the Ramseys under oath; he got a lot of players on the record. But the cost: he handed the RST and Keenan their crowning source for responding to all evidence against the Ramseys, Judge Carnes' ill-informed decision, based on pretty much Smit's UNCONTESTED spin and nonsensical BS analysis of carefully chosen evidence, ALL STIPULATED TO BY DARNEY WITH NO CHALLENGE.

Not to mention, he used Chris Wolf, who must have been massively disappointed at how he, once again, got raked over the coals by the RST, had his character trashed and his rather banal history as a young man sensationalized like he's a good suspect in child murder, and is still mentioned in that context at the swamp, where anyone is a good suspect, even if the holy DNA doesn't match and not one piece of evidence links him to the case, as long as he's NOT a Ramsey.

12. koldkase

If you want a real hoot, gutter candy never fails to amuse:

http://www.webbsleuths.org/dcforum/DCForumID61/1687.html

If you don't want to bother, she essentially does her one trick pony show...you know it by heart now. But she simply confirms exactly what I said: Darnay DIDN'T SHOW UP for the Grand Jury witness appeal hearing--so he filed his briefs, but you'd think something that important, he'd be there in person. Most lawyers who cared would. Darnay also didn't SHOW UP for Smit's depo, not even a phone conference call. Gutter Candy tries to make excuses for THAT, as well, but DonBradley even shoots her down: Darnay screwed up, pure and simple. Gutter candy can't handle the truth.

So gutter candy seems to know more about the depos than the U.S. District Clerks of Court I spoke with. I'll give her that, but since she spent two years up Darnay's butt, that's understandable.

Anyhow, both gutter candy and jams say the depositions are for sale, we just have to find out where to purchase them. hahaha Yeah, they really care about justice for JonBenet. They are forever 11 years old.

13. koldkase

Oh, did I leave out where gutter candy about lost her mind when she saw someone mentioned Chris Wolf here? Oh, yeah...she has already lost her mind.... Well, you know what I mean....

Then Margoo busted her gut over it. Of course, insinuating Wolf is still a good child murder suspect. Poor Chris. He had to live in Boulder and have a crazy girlfriend in '96. Bad luck, Chris, very bad luck.

But what's surprising is gutter candy threw Chris right under that old bus. Yep, she did! Said Chris got thrown out of the Smit deposition for inappropriate behavior. Of course, she was only thinking, THE GUTTER WILL NEVER GET THAT DEPO INFO OUT OF CHRIS! YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH! That's how the mind of a jealous narcissist works, doncha' know.... To hell with Chris, who is also somehow to blame--in gutter candy's mind--for Darnay's place in legal history as a major horse's a$$--Lin Wood's horse's a$$, to be specific.

I guess it's clear to everyone that the swampsters all know how it feels to be hauled in and run through the wringer by LE as a suspect in a child murder, all because your certified insane girlfriend decided to drop a dime on you, just in case. Being named in books and tabs and online as a child murder suspect, year after year, because of that one stupid girlfriend, why, that's no reason to get upset and "misbehave" when Lin Wood and Lou Smit are having you for lunch in a deposition while they never stop shilling for the only two very wealthy and extremely protected people who have ever been actually linked to evidence in the murder.

Chris, whatever you did, if it was short a one way trip straight to hell, it was less than they deserve.

14. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Does the phrase "whipped like a rented mule" mean anything to anyone?

I wonder who appointed that fool Carnes to the bench? "Cause if I find out, that person might not be so happy come election day!

15. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

"Does the phrase "whipped like a rented mule" mean anything to anyone?"

Only thing that comes to mind are victims of the Ramseys and Darnay.

Weird.

RR

16. Elle

Elle Member

I knew, I read about it quite some time ago, Wombat.

17. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Remember when I asked Chris Wolf if he ever heard of Candy, aka, Mary M? He had NO IDEA who she was.

LOL... Yes, I judge people by their ability to purchase depositions, just like Cranky.

The only reason Smit's depo might cost so much is because it's HUGE.

The Krebs file cost over 6 hundred bucks. The reason being is I had to pay someone in the office to copy it. Paid them by the page or by the hour. Can't remember.

If the depo was 12 hours long then I can see it costing a couple of grand to copy.

IF only I were them thar smart enuff to figger this combligated thing out..Just how dose ya git a deeepo???

18. Tricia

OH YES. I remember now. Sometimes spending so much time in the Guttah makes my brain all mushy like a North Carolina housewife's homemade bread soaked in Wild Turkey. So sorry.

Seriously KK, thanks for making the calls. It's all very confusing. We'll find out how to get it if the depo really is available. I still have my doubts.

19. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I doubt that Lou SMit's depo contains anything which changes the case. Reason being that if jameson has a copy - she'd have hawked it to the tabs.

OTOH, maybe she's saving it for her book.

20. Tricia

HEY, STOP ROLLING IN THE GUTTAH...I HAVE A THOUGHT.

I'm going to call the woman who helped me with the Krebs file.

Does anyone have the date of Smit's depo or a case number?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice