1. Little

Little Member

Well, here goes my overactive imagination again, but it may have been a warning to the Ramseys, and the seller, eager to get gain financial reward (which they felt entitled to), was an easy mark for the tape provider. Whoever the provider is, they probably have a great resource of information.

Little

2. Tez

Tez Member

I have always thought it was L. Lin Woodpecker with the Ramsey's full permission that sent those tapes to Jams. One reason was to get them in the public domain, but a more important reason was to drop Jams. I remember him all over TV saying that the "Ramseys were betrayed by Jams." And when he said that I knew in my heart they were the ones that sent them. Yeah, they may have shown up with no return address, but Jams knew where they came from. I don't give a rat's butt what she says about her and the Ramseys still being friends, they were never friends. I think the Woodpecker saw it as a way to get rid of her and used it. How's he going to get rid of Cranky? Send her Lou's depo??????

3. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Hey zoomama,

The mention of Pesos was in one of three books. Thomas', PMPT, or the Rams book. Can't remember.

Does anyone remember off the tops their heads what book this is in?

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

I don't remember the source now for Smit's statement, Tricia, but it was reliable and I do remember seeing it. Guess we can try to google it up. Sorry the old memory ain't what it used to be.

5. Tez

Tez Member

ST's book. Let me rest, I just took my medication, and I'll find the page. I remember it was his book because ST thought that was almost as bad as Lou giving them a pass because they are "Christians."

6. koldkase

Well, it's not to be found through google, that I can see.

I went through the index page links to Smit in PMPT, and it's not in there that I can find.

So I'll await your search, Tez, of Thomas being the source.

7. Little

Little Member

This is all I could find. (I sure hope this post makes more sense than my last one!! )

8. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Hi Kranky!

:hiya:

I see you are reading here!

9. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

If the :wnut: got the information 20 seconds before someone else did, maybe they bought it at the Home Depo...I have a tendency to put very little stock in the stories in which they claim to have evidence, and yet leave it unsubstantiable. I further have a hard time believing that they would put out that type of outlay on paper.

Let's see, illegal deposition, (so that I can be the meanest beeotch on the boards), or the down payment on a Beamer....hmmm...which would I choose (what a no-brainer)...

And would Smitty le Pew really believe that someone could desire to flee to a place with such a schitty prison system if they were a career criminal? The Smit is getting deeper and deeper-someone pass the waders, and DON"T MAKE WAVES!!!!!!!!

10. Little

Little Member

It's just difficult to believe he made the statements he did with a straight face.

Little

11. koldkase

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

12. koldkase

Well, when you consider how many times we've read what a crime-solving genius he is, it's not that hard to figure out he believes his own hype.

But with Smit's convoluted thinking patterns, following evidence is not his strong point, unless the trail is short and shallow. I don't know how many stalking/murders they have in one little Colorado county/year, but it's not that hard to ask a few people close to the victim who was stalking him/her, and bam! Case solved.

On the other hand, one has to wonder, and many have, if Smit and Ollie and Armistead and on and on WORLD-CLASS DETECTIVES haven't even been able to put ONE NAME TO A VIABLE SUSPECT IN 10 YEARS, IF THEY CAN'T FIND ONE PIECE OF ACTUAL EVIDENCE LINKING ANYONE TO THE MURDER BUT THE RAMSEYS, why the RST can't understand how LE, the media, and ordinary people with reasonable intelligence get the idea that, hey...IT'S THE PARENTS.

But that's just me.... :verdict:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2006
  13. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

But KK, don't you remember? The whole outlook that their PR is trying to project is that "if you don't agree with me you're stupid". Sort of like trying to herd the sheeple, only substituting a wolf for the shepherd in this one.

The media is grossly guilty of treating its audience as if it is an ignorant, unwashed mass of people which must be molded into a politically correct, "Patsy is innocent and Hillary is good" type of blinded and slogan spouting horde. This approach has been adopted by the JBR hype machine. The swamp is full of sheeple, not just nutria and snakes.

The outcome is that J/PR want to live out their "never quite good enough" lives in relative peace and comfort. As long as they can bleat long enough and loudly enough, flying away from the nest while feigning a broken wing, they may feel safe. Pity.

14. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Not just you. Maybe Smit's not aware that DNA can't be used to exclude suspects except in the case of a rape. Then again, a lot of people don't know that.

15. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

???? Explain please...and while your at it could someone do this to me? :rs:

I'm having a stupid day. A day where I do stupid things. Someone needs to slap me out of "stupid."

Thank you.

16. Skigwy

Skigwy Member

Lou Smit arrived on the scene just in time to answer the question "How could things go any more wrong?"

I've never heard attributed to Smit a rationale for his clearing the Ramseys of suspicion.

It's like, okay, consider if the Modesto Police brought Lou outta retirement to help them out with the Lacy Peterson murder investigation.

Lou's instant hunch ("Swear to Golf you didn't do it?") would eliminate Scott Peterson as a suspect. Then every piece of evidence pointing to Scott , cause it was all circumstantial stuff, would be dismissed, distanced from Scott, explained as part of the increasingly sophisticated and convoluted master plan of an unknown subject possessing total and complete knowledge of the household and their movements, things she couldn't know, etc.

Obviously he knew Scott and his boat would be gone for hours. Perhaps Scott unknowingly crossed him in a manure deal. Other women, other pregnant women have been attacked. Sure he acted strangely, calling his mistress while his wife was missing,but there's no book written on how to act...etc etc

It could be ANYONE...anyone other than those I arbitrarily exclude, then any outlandish theory gains credence

17. Elle

Elle Member

Hahahahahahahaha! Tricia here you go! :rs:
    TAKE THAT!

Hope this helps!

18. koldkase

hahaha Oh, you have got him down COLD!

But let's look at the upside. If only every PD would take investigative lessons from Lou Stun Gun Smit, we would NOT have an overcrowding problem in our jails and prisons!

The man is worth his weight in fool's gold!

19. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

I don't think it's so blasted funny. I think it's disgusting!

20. Tez

Tez Member

I found it, it only took five seizures and a bunch of anti-seizure meds, but here it is!!!!!

Page 290 of Steve Thomas' book: "Smit later expanded on the theory to Time magazine, suggesting that the intruder had asked for the peculiar ransom of $118,000.00 because he planned to flee to Mexico, where the currency exchange rate would turn that sum of American dollars into roughly a million Mexican pesos."

I don't buy this for a New York second. The ransom "book" was penned after JB was killed by her mother, IMO (Hi Jammy). She had to think quick and maybe she had seen the amount of the bonus recently and it stuck in her mind. I don't think the "small foreign faction" would have asked for anything less than one million AMERICAN dollars. Guns and bombs can be expensive, you know?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice