Mark Fuhrman's "The Murder Business"

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Levi, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Me too Driver :(

2. Elle

Elle Member

I agree with all you're saying here, Driver. It seems many of the Royals knew about Prince Charles and Camilla. Is it any wonder Di started enjoying herself? Thank goodness she had a good down-to-earth friend in Fergie. I can just imagine those two girls laughing their heads off at the stiff upper crust royals they had to live amongst. Di did love her boys and as you said did a good job of bringing them up. I haven't really been following them lately. It all seemed to die down after Princess Di died.

3. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I can talk about this topic for hours! Moab, that was a kind offer. Maybe we can have a "virtual" show of hands to see who would like a "Diana/royals" topic?
    I'm in.

4. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Here an offer from ME. I just received my copy of Mark Fuhrman's book. I read fast. I am more than happy to pass it along to another member. Maybe we get have a "pass the book" thing going. The one I send it to can send it along to the next person. The last person can send it back to me.
    If anyone is interested and doesn't have a problem with me having your mailing address, PM me with the info. (Mods, if this isn't OK, let me know and I'll withdraw the offer).

5. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I think it is totally ok to do that as long as you guys keep the personal information to PMs or emails. Put me on the list, but not first, ok?

6. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Well...the one thing that happens around here for sure, is that if I don't get to things fast enough, or if I am waiting to count the virtual hands in the air...Flabby-the-Diva takes over...I guess you ladies have your thread on lady Diana Spencer...so head on over to Flabbys:
    http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=216

7. fr brown

fr brown Member

Could you summarize interesting points re: JonBenet Ramsey?

8. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

DeeDee is the one who just got the book...I'm afraid I won't be much help until after I read it...which would be after I get it!!!

9. fr brown

fr brown Member

Oops. Well, I just read most of the part about JonBenet and I don't think there's much new there. But I would like to read why Brad Roberts, Fuhrman's partner at the Nicole Brown crime scene, was excluded from the Simpson trial and I couldn't get to that.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  10. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

So far, Moab is the only one waiting for the book. I started it today. I'll be done in a few days, and I'll PM you, Moab, OK?

11. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Absolutely...but if someone else chimes in before you finish it, they are welcome to it first!!!

12. fr brown

fr brown Member

What I'd really like to read is a discussion of the failure of the DA to issue search warrants and subpoenas by a prosecutor or an ex-prosecutor.

Why did it take a year to ask for the clothes the Ramseys wore on Christmas? Why didn't they subpoena JonBenet's medical records? Or did they? How did LE find out about JonBenet's urinary tract infections? I don't think Beuf told them.

13. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I think Alex Hunter could answer those questions.

14. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

From everything I've read, LE of course wanted access to all those things mentioned. But the DA's office refused to grant warrants. It did take a year for the clothes to be sent to LE. The family (including BR) should have never been allowed to leave the home without turning over to LE everything they wore that day, down to the skin, including nightclothes they may or may not have put on when they got home from the White's. Patsy was believed to have never gone to bed that night (according to crime scene photos, the bed looked unslept in- one corner of the comforter was oddly turned back at the FOOT of the bed). She has denied this. If so, then she changed out of her outfit she wore to the White's into something else. If this was true (I don't believe it) then she should have been asked for those nightclothes. She wasn't, to the best of my knowledge.
    When the clothes were finally received by LE, they said some of them seemed new, yet others seemed to have laundered, possibly many times over the past year. Of course, THAT is the reason why you ask people that were in the home at the time a murder was committed there (regardless of who committed it) to turn over clothing they were wearing the last time they saw the victim alive. Failure to so do is one of the major missteps among many that were taken that day.
    One of the things Fuhrman brings out in his book is how IRREGULAR this case was as far as the relationships between police, the DA, and the defense team. In no other case are the police required to ASK the DA for warrants. They simply write the warrant to what they need, and ask a judge to sign it. The police expect cooperation from the DA, in the Ramsey case they didn't get it. In fact, they got the opposite.
    Keep in mind that the District ATTORNEY in any municipality is a lawyer. Not a cop or detective. The detectives do their job, and arrest and question who they need to, then the DA prosecutes the crime if the evidence dictates. Grand Juries are not always needed, and in this case it shouldn't have been. Had the proper warrants been granted, the parents been separated, questioned immediately, there would have been an arrest and this case would have been solved.

BTW, there is mention in his book about our "Pineapple Evidence" thread.

15. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Great synopsis DeeDee...thanks! Can't wait to read it.

Now that will frost Candy's a$$...the guttah hags being mentioned and all.

16. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

BAM!!

You and me, BOTH, fr brown!! Burns my butt!!

17. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

How about me after you? :yes:

And thanks, Deedee! For sharing your book and the synopsis. You da' bomb!! :heart:

By the way, WHICH pineapple thread? The one where learnin does his real time experiment?

18. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Not sure. He mentions the massive JonBenet Internet subculture and says that there are is even a topic on a website devoted just to "Pineapple Evidence". This is from a paragraph where he mentions that the pineapple was found in her digestive tract and pineapple was found in a bowl with Patsy's prints on it. The point he was making is one that many of us have said ourselves (including me). And that point was that there was NO reason for an innocent parent to lie about something innocent like a bedtime pineapple snack. If they lied about it, it was because they HAD to lie. They had to lie because of one simple fact. Because it proved she was AWAKE after they got home from the White's. Awake and walking around and eating pineapple. NOT asleep (as in -we never saw her alive again after we put her to bed). The pineapple put the TOD around midnight-1 am. Too close for comfort to the arrival home and the parents' estimated bedtime. Yet it fits perfectly with the theory that they came home, she was awake, some horrible events took place, and the parents and JB never went to bed that night. That's why Patsy was dressed in the same clothes. Interesting thought...I wonder what JR was wearing when the police arrived? The same pants as he wore to the White's? We can assume he wasn't wearing the Israeli dark wool shirt. But men will often wear pants a few days in a row. I don't believe I have ever seen anything about that.
    I think JR may have worn the dark blue terry robe that night after he came home or early in the morning. It was found in the downstairs DEN of all places, an odd place to leave a bathrobe. His bedroom, bath and dressing area were 2 floors up. Why would you remove a bathrobe in the den two floors below? Dark blue cotton fibers consistent with terrycloth (towels or the robe) were found on JB's thighs and pelvic area- it is the type of cloth the coroner noted she seemed to have been wiped down with.

19. fr brown

fr brown Member

Those dark fibers in her pubic area were from the Israeli wool shirt John wore on Christmas. The police were really interested in what he did with it after he took it off. Seems to me if he sent it down the laundry chute to the 2nd floor, an intruder (or Patsy) could have grabbed it, but if he dropped it on the floor of his bedroom, it's less likely that an intruder would have picked it up. Of course, this was an intruder that felt pretty darn comfortable in the Ramsey home.

John was wearing a long-sleeved blue-and-white-striped shirt and khaki pants when he greeted French at the door.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  20. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

There were two separate kinds of dark fibers found on JB.
    The dark fibers from JR's wool shirt were found in the crotch of her PANTIES. On her thighs and pubic area there were dark blue cotton fibers (like terrycloth).
    The housekeeper said none of the Rs owned a hamper. Dirty clothes were simply dropped wherever they were removed. JR's wool shirt would most likely have had to be dry cleaned. I doubt it would have been put down a laundry chute. And even a 'comfortable" intruder would not have gone into the parent's bedroom with the parent(s) allegedly sleeping in there to get a shirt to wipe the body with. That is, unless the "comfortable" intruder was a parent themself. My take on it is that like Patsy, JR did not undress that night and did not go to bed. If he showered that morning and/or changed clothes (he says he did, but there is no real proof), it was after the death and staging of JB. If he used his shirt or robe for ANY wiping down or if his daughter or if he was wearing the wool shirt while he put on the panties, that would certainly be a reason for him to shower and change his clothes. Since the Rs were allowed to leave the house that day without giving LE the clothes they wore to the White's, and since they took a year to send what they SAID were those clothes, we'll never know what other fiber evidence there may have been.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice