May 20, 2003 Letter to Mary Keenan

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by ACandyRose, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Elle

Elle Member

This is exactly how I think it happened WY - it never happened!

2. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"The whole story is absurd. It looks to me like John just made it up as he went. Shoes still on, but pants off? BS!"

It's a classic lie: elaboration to explain the ridiculous.

How many RST does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Doesn't matter; they'll never see the light anyway.

3. rashomon

rashomon Member

Everything is absurd about that story.
    A poster on Websleuths (Bev) just wrote that in crime scene pictures, there was a garden hose on part of the grate and also the gas grill was on part of the grate - that means that the perp after climbing out of the window, stopped to put the grate back, and then moved the grill and the hose back onto it - why would he do that?

Oh, how I'd like to ask Lou Smit this question: why on earth would an intruder do that??
    Even those IDIs who claim that the intruder came in through the window, but got out through a door (where possibly a key stuck inside) would have to explain why then this intruder went back to tht window, put the grate back and the grill and hose onto it.

Just another example where Smit's intruder fantasy lacks logic and common sense.
    And if this alleged super detective was so convinced of his theory, why then did he not present it to the FBI's CASKU experts? S. Thomas said Smit did not open his mouth once during these sessions. Did Smit feel intimidated by these experts who are the cream of the crop when it comes to analyzing cases like that?

4. Elle

Elle Member

Good one! :)

5. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Wow. I've never seen or heard of this crime scene picture before. Did I just miss it? Or does "Bev" have access to pictures we haven't seen? It wouldn't be impossible. Jams has a copy of the PowerPoint. Lots of reporters have had a Smit audience, complete with the PowerPoint presentation. Also several TV channels. Not to mention, ever-deLousional Tracey....

Thanks for the heads up on this. I'm going to try to find this thread at WS and see where Bev saw that picture or got her info.

6. Elle

Elle Member

Maybe the intruder barbecued a hamburger before he left. Might have kept him warm. It was December KK.)

7. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

smit

wasn't intimidated - he was afraid if he threw out his illogical theories they would be shot down by people who really know what they are doing and aren't delusional and aren't swayed by stupid ideas like the blue line between two marks on JBR was from the electrical arc of a stun gun.

If I were Lou Smit I would be so embarrassed by that stupid idea and that alot of people are laughing at him over that (super detective that he is supposed to be - ha) I would shut my mouth and disappear from media appearances forever.
    Some responsible journalist (oxymoron?) should make mince meat of him over that. He should be discredited.

8. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Excellent linguistic analysis, KK! :clap:

The first time I read John's "story" about how he might have gotten in the window ... I nearly had a fit! It was so obvious he was lying with all his linguistic contortions, I just wanted to scream, "Why can't anyone with power in this case SEE that and do something about it?"

The distancing, the switching from first person, the use of "if" and "probably" plus (as you so ably pointed out) the use of the subjunctive tense reveal a man not telling what HE DID, but a fantasy HE WANTS BELIEVED.

All through their interviews, John and Patsy use the same sort of linguistic acrobatics to twist the truth, evade questions, invent stories and flat-out lie. I used to get so mad just reading the interviews, I had to take it in sections because I could only get so far before I wanted to have a come-apart.

I'm warning you, my dear Guttah friend ... when you finally get your cable working ... this last Hawaiian interview is more of the same, so take a tranq before watching. I wish I had. Unfortunately, Tricia took all the good drugs to Hawaii to use on the homeless people there, so I was stuck with a half-empty bottle of Mogen David.

I'm tellin' ya, it wasn't near enough to kill the pain of watching the Ramseys get away ONE MORE TIME with murder.

9. koldkase

Shoot! Tricia is giving our drugs to homeless people from another gutter? Heck! I knew she was up to no good on that island! If Patsy and John went there for Patsy's swan song, that's got to be a bad sign! I may have to pout about this....

I was looking forward to your response to my little amateur linguistic analysis. Thanks, my guru Chero! I might have learnt me a thang or two in these 10 years, with the likes of guttah gossip lowlifes like you teaching me! :bowdown:

10. koldkase

OK, I meant to do this last night and ran out of time. Here is a picture of Smit sliding through the window on his butt which John claimed he came through on his knees:

http://www.acandyrose.com/smitatwindow131.jpg

Do y'all see my problem? How did John get on his hands and knees...and "drop down" without doing so shifting his weight onto his hips or stomach? Which would hurt and probably scrape you up a bit, I'd think?

You see, he can't put his foot down on the floor with one foot to shift the weight off the other knee, which would have to be holding him up. So how did he shift his weight to back out by "dropping down"?

Maybe this picture will help explain what I'm questioning about John's tale of being on his knees coming through that window:

http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/10042002-485.jpg

Anybody?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2006
  11. wombat

wombat Member

I've always wondered how the intruder arranged for the suitcase to be there.

John's version of how he "would have" gotten in is bullsmit, KK. He was making it up as he was talking. His crack legal staff should have run through this issue with him a little more to keep him from sounding like a nitwit. Oh well.

I've looked for a grate picture showing a garden hose and/or a grill and haven't found it - has anyone had any luck with this?

12. koldkase

Honestly, I looked for that picture for hours last night when my cable decided to work for a few hours! Not that it wasn't almost as slow as my dialup, but I took advantage and went through all the screen captures of the PowerPoint on ACR's site. I found a pic of a hose pipe, but it was around on the side of the house with the butler door, opposite the side with the grate. Also, I found a picture with a barbecue grill with a cover over it, I think, but that was taken in warmer months, with Smit there in short sleeves, so it had to be long after the murder and after the Rams had moved out, so no good for crime scene pictures of the grill. The PowerPoint crime scene pics at ACR's site had nothing but the gratel by itself, as far as I could see, no hose and no barbecue grill.

I could have missed it, or ACR might not have all the pics on her site, as those shows didn't show every pic in the PowerPoint, I'm guessing. But without going through all the videotapes I have of those shows in slo-mo, I don't know what else to do. I read the post at WS from Bev, and it seemed to me she might have gotten some of the pictures confused. The one with the barbecue grill beside the grate that I did find was not only not a crime scene picture, it was from the side and you couldn't even see the window grate, though it could have been on it. But then, that could have been moved or not even there the night of the murder.

Here's the site where the pics I found are--I'm sure you have been there:

http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/screencaptures.htm

I'd look it up for you, but until I get my cable working properly, it's still slow, and right now, not working at all. Sorry.

13. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"Just another example where Smit's intruder fantasy lacks logic and common sense. And if this alleged super detective was so convinced of his theory, why then did he not present it to the FBI's CASKU experts? S. Thomas said Smit did not open his mouth once during these sessions."

Don't bother the old man with evidence, rashomon. Might cut into his nappy time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice