Maybe it's just a coincidence, but...

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by icedtea4me, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I think Patsy would be driven to do whatever her current passion was and that everything else would take a backseat.

I don't mean laziness as in having litle energy or will to do anything. For example - Patsy ensured that the main rooms in her home were immaculate, yet we know the rooms which weren't on show were a heave-in. She ensured that her hair and make-up were done - but she didn't have a shower. She put a lot of energy into whatever would be visible or noticed.

The fact that she messed around with pull-ups for Jonbenet and that their two year old dog wasn't house-trained suggest to me that she was too lazy to take the bull by the horns and get them sorted. If these kind of things mattered to her, she would have put more energy into them - IMO.

In my experience (and this may not count for much), it is women who are perfectionists who get stressed out by a hiccup in their schedule. I just don't see Patsy losing it over a wet bed.

2. Elle

Elle Member

I have a feeling you may be the only poster here who doesn't think the Ramseys are involved, but we still like you, Jay. :) Putting everything else aside, going over Patsy Ramsey's answers in the Police files alone, would have been enough for me to have pinpointed her as the culprit. She couldn't remember too much about her little six year old daughter. There were just too many inconsistencies, and she must have known the answers.

I do not want to call her a "killer" because I feel this wasn't a premeditated murder. It became a homicide due to Patsy thinking JonBenét was close to death. I genuinely think she ended JonBenét's life by strangling her, and then staging the rest. I think she was very capable of carrying it out. She's not a wilting magnolia, that's for sure. I'm talking about an inner strength she seems to have. One would need it to walk the boards in a beauty pageant and become Miss Virginia, which she was.

Yes, I agree with Steve Thomas. I think Patsy Ramsey was frazzled and in a rage that night.

edited to add, I think Patsy Ramsey should have paid more attention to JonBenét's toilet training than she did to the beauty pagents. Neither Patsy, or John paid attention to something which was more important. Patsy just couldn't get her priorites straight.

3. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I don't necessarily think Patsy lost it over JB's wetting the bed that night. While reading DOI, it was the things that were mentioned as not being a big deal that raised the biggest flags with me. The My Twin Doll thing - I think Patsy really expected JB to be excited over that doll. They are not inexpensive dolls, and there is a certain amount of work that Patsy had to do in order to get the doll. She was probably disappointed that JB didn't show more interest in it. JB also didn't want to wear the outfit Patsy wanted her to wear. I'm not convinced Patsy lost it over any of these things, but they may have contributed to her stress, if she did go into a rage with JB. These things were mentioned in DOI as not being a big deal. However, I tend to look to the opposite direction on anything the Ramseys say - no big deal means big deal.

Patsy is one of two people who I believe were involved in JB's death and the subsequent and still ongoing coverup. The fact is, I still don't know who killed JB, but I do believe to a high degree of certainty that it was someone who lived in that house and that both parents were involved in staging the crime scene. I have seen no credible evidence there was an intruder in the house that night. No credible evidence includes the inferior DNA sample allegedly in CODIS and all of Lou Smit's ridiculous spin. Nada, nil, nothing. And, if there was no intruder, that pretty much tells the story for me.

4. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Some thoughts...

The fact that my granddaughter is the same age JonBenet was when she took her last breadth, I have much better perception of how a six year old thinks and reacts.

If my Granddaughter (GD) had to revert back to wearing pull-ups, she would be mortified. She is very conscious of what others think of her, especially her little friends.

She has very distinctive likes and dislikes, especially for foods. Her Mom keeps fresh fruit (cut into bite sizes) in the fridge, and she helps herself. I can picture JonBenet helping herself to the cut up pineapple. (It was really no big deal; until, of course, it interfered with the Rams “time line.â€)

My GD also is a big Barbie doll fan. She, like JBR, has a Barbie doll nightgown, which she wears just about every night. As far as her panties are concerned, she goes in and out of her dresser drawer frequently, and selects the panties she’ll be wearing for the day. If she came across some new panties she wanted to wear, I can think of no packaging that would prevent her from getting it open. She knows exactly where to go to get scissors (which she is allowed to use, but NEVER A knife) and I’ve seen her open things that I had a hard time with.

I cannot imagine my GD, who has long (naturally blond) hair, going to bed with her hair up in two pony tails (As JonBenet was found) She always takes out any rubber bands and/or ties when she retires.

At six, she can read simple words and can print the names of every member of the family. (I think JBR had trouble reading simple words.)

She takes ballet lessons and gym classes, but I cannot imagine her parents (or the parents of any of her friends) enrolling her in any kind of beauty pageant.

When I view old video clips of JBR, on stage, in those elaborate costumes, dancing, singing, with make-up and hairpieces, I cannot imagine my GD (who is not a bit shy) wanting to do the same.

If my GD suddenly started to revert back to wearing pull-ups, alarm bells would be ringing all over the place. Yes, even at the tender age of six, little children have pride. They are much smarter than people (not around them very much) think.

I remember when it was reported that JB was quiet that infamous Christmas day in Boulder. Either she was ill or something was bothering her. Most six year olds are bouncing around all over the place. They cannot contain their excitement on Christmas day.

I remember how JB didn’t get to ride her bike that day, and how sad John said he was that he didn’t take the time to let her ride before they went to the White’s for dinner. (Burke, on the other hand, was seen riding his bike.) My GD loves to ride her bike and she and her friends ride up and down the street in front of their houses.

Once, when I was visiting my GD, she had a rash on her thigh (from an allergy) and her leg was too sore for her to ride her bike. I have always wondered if JB was being abused, if she, too, was too sore to ride her bike that day.

GL
    :leaf:

5. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I also have a six year old daughter and I can identify with what you are saying. She has been toilet-trained since she was two and would have been mortified to wear a pull-up since she was about three. However, my nieces were both bed-wetters (as was their father and his brother) and they wore pull-ups - certainly until they were four or more. It was what they were used to.

My little girl is very pernickety and has not required assistance with wiping for a long time now (years) and she does wipe properly and wash her hands with soap. It's not hard to teach kids to do this - but it does require a degree of persistance for a little while.

6. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I just think anyone who excludes the three Ramseys who were in the home that night, excludes them I say, well, I think they aren't playing with a full deck. That, or they are stacking the cards. :) Something, and it's wrong.

7. Elle

Elle Member

I have to go along with Steve Thomas, and the bedwetting scene, WY, because I do believe JonBenét was wearing the red turtleneck which was found balled up on her bathroom counter, which led me to believe, it had been whipped off JonBenét in anger, and had to be rinsed through.

Patsy's routine was wakening JB up at midnight, and Nedra had told Steve that JonBenét would scream blue bloody murder if she was hauled out of bed, so I see this scene as the one that caused the confrontation. jmo

Patsy did tell the police on the 26th that JB did go to sleep wearing the red turtletop, but had time to change her story and say it was the white one, which she was found dead in. This is the only way this theory is going to work, with the red turtleneck.

8. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"I am fascinated by the fact that she calls anyone who criticises her "BORG" - even if they don't believe the Ramseys are guilty. I'd love to hear a psychologist's view of this. I think it's incredibly arrogant to assume that one has to be a member of the Ramsey fan club in order to believe they didn't kill their child."

V said it best, Jay: she'd get a lot more done if she didn't bomb so close to potential allies.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice