McCann Case Still Unsolved?

Discussion in 'Madeleine McCann' started by koldkase, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Elle,

I went ahead and restored the message so the thread and the remaining comments still make sense.

I will look into starting the "THANKS" button like WS has if you guys (as in all members of the forum) want it so people can use that where it lists the person's hat beneath the post saying they thank you for your post. That way it is clear a poster agrees with what you are saying, and it leaves out all the other stuff like "I can see you are not being conned"...etc.

All the extra commentary does is either make people think you are talking about them when you really aren't, or single someone out when they are the person you are talking about, and either way feelings can be hurt.

I think everyone is aware that some of us visit other forums and send emails and PMs throughout the day to each other. That is common practice.

I know Rash has me on her radar as far as the dog stuff goes and I welcome her points of view, but I will address Rash on the differences in our thinking in a post or a PM. I have spent many hours since she joined FFJ reading her well thought out posts, and I don't expect that to change. I don't think either one of us is without supporters on our views - as it should be. That is what keeps posters on the forums - healthy discussion!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  2. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Heads up for a documentary. Channel 4, who IMO produce the best and worst of British television, are screening a documentary to mark the two year anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance.

It will include a reconstruction of the evening with the key players being played by actors. Witness statements are apparently going to be read out. Hopefully we will glean a few facts about the case from the documentary. I understand the official police files have been used for consultation so it should be interesting.

Cutting Edge, C4. May.

3. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Back to JonBenet anyone?

4. Elle

Elle Member

Truthfully, RiverRat I would rather post on the JonBenét thread than the McCann thread for many reasons. I stopped posting on the McCann thread like quite a few others from the bad experience I had before. As everyone knows this McCann thread lay dormant for a long time. Everyone knows why. It isn't a secret. However, I felt I just had to thank rashomon for the wonderful way she handles herself, and landed in trouble once more. [​IMG]

5. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Rashomon is not in trouble in any way shape or form Elle. She is being asked to engage in conversation, please don't change the context of the situation.

It isn't a secret that there are two sides to every story, and I am sorry you had a rough time when you posted on this case the first time.

6. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

You are correct. I am not a professional handler of these dogs and I believe I stated that early on, yet I have worked closely with many organizations over the last 7 years which is experience and knowledge you don't appear to think is valid. I need more than watching a couple of videos to argue a case successfully, but if you don't think that is necessary for you, that is okay too.

I never said either of these things. Nowhere did I suggest that it was dictated that Grime provide a certain finding, nor did I say LE called in a bungling amateur. What I did say, based on my experience over the last 7 years in working with many varied dog organizations, is that the particular car video link and associated example you provided as "evidence" were trainer-led exercises. And they were by no means unbiased.

Unbiased in our country means treated equally. It means in an employment interview that all 77 candidates are asked the exact same questions in the exact same manner. Therefore, in the case of the dog/car video, I would say that the trainer should have treated each vehicle equally for it to be unbiased. It is clear that he didn't, and I don't see how you can defend a biased example regardless of the results, and still believe you are unbiased in the "big picture".

I actually have spent some time reading about the two dogs, and I think they are probably excellent dogs from the articles I have read...IF left to their own devices and training. I do not fault the dogs...they were not running the show...and they should have been.

[FONT=&quot]Rash, your English is excellent, far better than some of the natives of this country. Hoopla in this country means - to quote Shakesphere - "much ado about nothing". I took what you said to infer why was I critiquing the video and making a big deal about it when you didn't consider it to be a big deal. In answer to that (because it was the way I took it) is when someone's life may depend on an independent and unbiased test or view of a circumstance, I would like to see that the circumstance was really authentic and unwavering, regardless of the outcome pro or con.[/FONT]

7. Elle

Elle Member

I understand where you're coming from here, Moab, and I know you have a job to do. We all have our own opinions which creep into our posts. Some which we should have sent as Private messages or e-mails. This would be a good idea; however, I did pay a visit to the McCann thread on Webbsleuths and in spite of them having this "thank you" feature, they sure go at it and say what they think. Much much more than posters do on this thread. If I was on that thread, I think I would have to go back to target practise. :)

8. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I think I may have misled you Elle, and for that I am sorry...they have the "thank you" feature on all the threads over there, I wasn't referring specifically to the McCann thread. But now that you brought it up :floor: it is pretty one-sided at WS, and I'm not sure even with my GLOCK that I can post over there...I think I am scared of them :floor:

9. Elle

Elle Member

I didn't mean rashomon was in trouble, Moab. I saidI landed in trouble! It's the story of my life! I don't need to worry about rashomon, as everyone can see she can take care of herself in the nicest manner, better than I ever could, or anyone else. I wish I could be more like her.

Thank you for your understanding about the first time. I needed to hear that!

10. Elle

Elle Member

That was my one and only visit! One would need to go there with the MOB behind you. :)

11. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Oh POOTIE...you are not in trouble!

You are welcome.

12. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

At least the MOB, but wait...maybe that is who is there now! :floor:

13. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Anyone reading on this thread, Elle. I don't always post to "someone" in particular because the context I'm thinking about is that this is a public forum and people read here who don't post.

Sorry I confused you.

14. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Good idea, Rat.

15. koldkase

I'm not sure what you're implying here, Little. Bolding the word "unbiased" certainly appears to accuse those who disagree as biased.

Yet Rash just said "having an axe to grind" doesn't make a person wrong.

What exactly is going on here?

It's an unsolved disappearance of a child. People have different opinions about what happened, sources, the investigation, etc.

I thought we were all reasonable people having a discussion over info and which ALL of us have only what we read or see in the media...?

I simply think it is absurd to think that the McCanns murdered their child and disposed of her body in a couple of hours, then went back and rented a car, what? A month or two later? And then dug her up, hauling her around in a rented vehicle to dispose of AGAIN--WITH THE MEDIA AND POLICE ALL OVER THEM?

But if that seems likely to some, then I'm sure you have your reasons. Okay then. Either way, we're not going to find this child. It's just a discussion.

16. koldkase

Except...what else is there to say? If there was ever a case that is frozen for all time, JonBenet's murder is it. Hunter, Lacy, and Smit made sure of that.

17. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

I agree 100%, KK. My comment to Rat was just my way of reminding everyone that we came together initially because of JBR, and so we are all on the side of justice. I was only trying highlight our common bond in a time of heated discussion. :)

18. Jayelles

You're probably not far off the mark there Elle if by "MOB" you mean organised crime. There certainly is "organisation" in the form of a certain "foundation" whose president seems hellbent on sabotaging the search for a missing little girl. I cannot begin to understand what type of people would do that. Fair enough if someone doesn't want to help, but to actually orchestrate activities to try and block others from doing so seems practically evil to me.

But I have faith that the truth will out some day and I won't give up hope that she's alive until it's proved otherwise.

19. Jayelles

I've said before that I'd leave before I'd see the forum family affected by anything that I did or said and I meant it sincerely. If you want to close this forum down, I'll understand.

I can't help the way I feel about this little girl's plight. :-( I just wish it could be about finding Madeleine.

20. koldkase

I understand. I'm just very frustrated right now because another innocent child was murdered by some sicko who dumped her body in a suitcase into a pond in California. She was found yesterday. Makes me want to smash something. :banghead:

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9604

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice