McCann Case Still Unsolved?

Discussion in 'Madeleine McCann' started by koldkase, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little

Little Member

read entire article here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7422787.stm

2. Elle

Elle Member

I think a reconstruction at the time of the kidnapping would have been of great help, Little. What a lot of work it will be going over the phone records and checking all these people out.

So it seems the Tapas Nine can't be forced into returning to Portugal for a reconstruction (?). I know it's a year later, but maybe the reconstruction would have triggered off something of value (?).

3. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

4. Jayelles

They absolutely need to investigate every area - that is right and just. It would seem that their forensic tests and every other aspect of their investigation has turned up nothing which will let them pin this on the McCanns - despite the PJ and tabloids' many "hints" to the contrary.

I'm susprised that the law in Europe at present does not support the seizure of call information which has already taken place.

5. Jayelles

I thought I had posted a link to this story yesterday.

The reason they were against going back was because it wasn't to be televised in the way that other reconstructions are - like Crimewatch UK. The whole purpose of televising is to show it to the public in the hope that people's memories will be jogged. They asked for it to be filmed and the PJ apparently refused. This is in the article.

ETA - I did post it - here is the link:- http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showpost.php?p=165453&postcount=106

6. rashomon

rashomon Member

ITA. Behavior is evidence too, and I can't imagine parents wo have just been involved in their daughter's death playing the happy and carefree couple to their friends.
    Imo given the dramatic circumstances, false grief could be faked far more easily than false happiness.
    For people who fake grief can shed crorocodile tears, bury their head in their hands, pretend to faint, fake a nervous breakdown etc.
    People who fake happiness have far fewer means to camouflage their true feelings.

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  7. rashomon

rashomon Member

I don't know about other countries, but here in Germany reconstructions are often made with the suspects themselves. They are asked to demonstrate, step per step, their version of events.

8. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

The ones in the U.S. are done with actors, as far as I know.

9. Niner

Niner Active Member

10. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

I think Moab did a wonderful job of answering your questions in my absence, but I'd like to apologize for not making the intent of my previous post clear. I was merely trying to say that we know very little of the actual facts in the McCann case, and that the re-posting of tab rumors and other stories (that had been proven false or incorrect) was not helpful and only seemed like McCann-bashing. I would never discourage the posting, and discussion, of relevant and useful McCann case information.

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  11. Cherokee

TMI ::shocked2​

12. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

I know.....but MOAB set me up since there was nothing else I could come up with to answer her post!

13. Jayelles

Now the question remains - does SH stand for "silly hamster" or "shocking hussy"?

14. Cherokee

SH?

I'm lost. Where did that come from? You guys left me at the clubhouse turn. :balloon:

15. Little

Little Member

I'm going to enter my vote for "SmitHead".

16. Cherokee

:rolling:

17. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I will second that one!

18. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Look's like it's you and me again.......maybe we should buy a vowel?

19. Cherokee

:rolling:

20. Jayelles

Typical Candy

Candy is pretty good at finding legal documents which have been filed, but as we all know, she's got a LONG way to go when it comes to her reasoning skills. I understand this is what has held her back from studying law.

She posted this:-

Had she read the article she linked to and checked out the BBC report on it too, she would have realised that this is not a new development. It is mearerly an insight into the Portuguese files which have been subject to their secrecy laws for almost 13 months.

The PJ have been trying to get hold of mobile phone records to identify what is described as "an unidentifiable number" which was registered 18 times over the early days of Madeleine's disappearance. A judge denied the request and part of his report was published. THIS REPORT outlined the nature of the investigation which has been taking place over the past year and a bit and described it as:-

In other words, all of these possibilities are being considered.

A civil case which was brought against the McCanns last year for neglect was thrown out by a British court.

Apparently, Gerry McCann denies any knowledge of these 18 text messages saying that he received only a few phone calls from friends and family

I can say (FWIW) that we switch out mobile phones off when we are abroad because it's very expensive to receive calls. If we travel aborad and someone phones us, WE get charged the excess cost. I required medical treatment one time when I was in Spain with my mother and daughters. To give you an idea of cost, text messages to and from my husband cost over $100 in the space of two days. It wasn't anything serious so there weren't any lengthy phonecalls.

What we tend to do is switch our phones off and check them a couple of times a day. We particularly don't want to be receiving regular calls whilst we are on vacation. Family and close friends know we are on vacation and would only call in an emergency anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice