McCann Case Still Unsolved?

Discussion in 'Madeleine McCann' started by koldkase, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

There has to be a point? Darn!

2. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Arrrggghhh! You guys are driving me crazy! :banghead:

Where did the SH come from? What made you post those specific letters? Did I miss a reference to Rat and SH? Is this all a fiendish plot to make me lose what few marbles I have left?

3. Jayelles

There wasn't a point. It was a totally random comment. Not my fault if no-one can follow my totally meaningless drivel

...:jumpie::jumpie::jumpie:

4. rashomon

rashomon Member

I hope Louie won't get the idea to insert himself into the McCann case. :eek:
    For a type like Smit offering his input would be the icing on the chaos cake the public is being fed pieces of daily.

Maybe SH meant sweetheart. :)

As for me, I'd choose 'sinus headache', since that complex case certainly can give you one. The Ramsey case is simple in comparison to the the jumbled mess of 'info' tossed about in the McCann case. :banghead:

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  5. rashomon

rashomon Member

For TV documentaries, we too have the reconstructions done with actors.

But in investigations themselves, suspects are led to the scene of the crime and other relevant places connected to it and are asked to demonstrate what they claim to have happened. I know this from an infamous criminal case here in Germany (the Weimar case, 1986) where a father and a mother had accused each other of having killed their two young children.
    More evidence pointed to the mother, which led to her arrest and final conviction.
    The mother btw had faked an abduction scenario and also written a bogus kidnapping note (she didn't write a ransom note since the family was not wealthy - she had concocted a 'revenge killing' note which arrived as an anonymous letter a few days later).

Actors may be added in these reconstructions if e. g. the defendant claims that a gang of intruders invaded his home.

6. rashomon

rashomon Member

Even if they should have some evidence, without the body found, it is highly unlikely that it will be conclusive enough to warrant an arrest of the parents.

The big question is whether the McCanns get 100 per cent cleared or not.
    If they are neither arrested nor cleared, this is going to develop into another Ramsey-type case.

I'm not familiar with Portugese law - if the arguido status is lifted, does this mean the supects have been cleared 100 per cent or can it also mean that the evidence they have is insufficient for an arrest?

7. rashomon

rashomon Member

I've just found this (bolding mine):

So even if a person's arguido status should be lifted, this does not necessarily imply that they have been cleared.

8. Little

Little Member

That makes sense to me rashomon. Until Madeleine is found it would make sense to me that everyone in the area would still be on a list. How can you clear anyone within the crime scene when you don't know what happened unless they can prove where they were and what they were doing during that window of time? Or, that they would not have had access to Madeleine. To me though, even if people who worked at the resort had proof of where they were it still wouldn't mean that they didn't relay information about the coming and going of the McCanns.

Anyway, I thought I had posted this but don't see it here.
    read entire story here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...go-on-holiday-a-year-after-disappearance.html

9. rashomon

rashomon Member

Is it true that the McCanns first said they locked the door to the apartment and later changed their story to having left the door open?

10. Elle

Elle Member

Received from Nana

www.mccannfiles.com

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]The First Reactions [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Kate rings another close friend, Jon Corner, at 03:00am [/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Jon Corner, a close friend of Mrs McCann and godparent of the twins, said Kate telephoned him in the middle of the night distraught.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]He said: "She just blurted out that Madeleine had been abducted. She told me, 'They have broken the shutter on the window and taken my little girl.'[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]"They had left the apartment locked while they were having their meal, but when they went back the last time they saw the damage."[/FONT]

11. Jayelles

It has been reported that the sliding patio door which faced the pool area was left unlocked but as with everything else in this case, there have been conflicting reports. Unfortunately, we've not had a first hand account of this because the McCanns and their friends are bound by the Portuguese secrecy laws and cannot discuss the case.

The Daily Mail is reporting that the case will no longer be subject to judicial secrecy as of next month. Unfortunately, the Daily Mail hasn't been reliable in its reporting of the case, so I won't be taking this to the bank just yet! If it does happen, then we'll maybe have a few facts to discuss at long last.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1027137/McCanns-finally-evidence-Madeleine-police-them.html

12. rashomon

rashomon Member

Just curious: have any other tapas nine members been asked if they left their doors unlocked also?

13. Elle

Elle Member

Updated: 23 May 2008

Newspaper apologises to Robert Murat

By: ELOISE WALTON
    eloise@the-resident.com

ROBERT MURAT has received an apology from the Scotsman newspaper for publishing defamatory allegations about him.

In the apology on May 16, the newspaper said: “On 15 May (2007) an article about Robert Murat headed Madeleine: He jokes of being No.1 suspect was published in which we reported a number of defamatory allegations about Mr Murat in connection with the abduction of Madeleine McCann.â€

The apology continued: “Likening his behaviour in this way to that of Soham murderer, Ian Huntley, suggested that he was involved in the abduction of Madeleine McCann. It was a seriously defamatory allegation and wholly untrue.â€

The newspaper also said that it wrongly implied that Robert Murat had been unfeeling and insensitive about Madeleine McCann’s disappearance and had lied about his role in the police investigation, adding that this was not their intention.

“We accept that Mr Murat was assisting the police investigation into Madeleine McCann’s disappearance and that his behaviour was entirely proper throughout, and we are happy to make that clear,†said the apology, adding: “We apologise to Mr Murat for the hurt, distress and damage to his reputation caused by the article.â€

The Johnston Press-owned paper did not pay out any damages.

Robert Murat’s lawyer in Portugal, Francisco Pagarete, told The Resident: “I can confirm that my client did receive an apology from the newspaper, however, my colleagues, the solicitors Simon, Muirhead and Burton in England, are dealing with this process.â€

In April, Murat took legal actions against 11 British newspapers and Sky News for stories linking him to the investigation and accusing him of being a prime suspect.

In an unrelated development to the case of missing Madeleine McCann, Rogério Alves, one of Gerry and Kate McCann’s Portuguese lawyers, said that a reconstruction of the little girl’s disappearance could be carried out this month.

“The reconstruction was scheduled for this month,†he said, adding that there were “strong possibilities†that it could still take place at the end of May, although he was not aware of an exact date.

http://tinyurl.com/3nh93l

http://www.portugalresident.com/portugalresident/showstory.asp?ID=26753

14. Elle

Elle Member

Robert Murat - an apology

ON 15 MAY 2007 an article about Robert Murat headed "Madeleine: He jokes of being 'No.1 suspect'" was published in which we reported a number of defamatory allegations about Mr Murat in connection with the abduction of Madeleine McCann.

The article wrongly accused him of "hanging around" the scene in a manner which recalled the Soham murders. Likening his behaviour in this way to that of Soham murderer, Ian Huntley, suggested that he was involved in the abduction of Madeleine McCann.

It was a seriously defamatory allegation and wholly untrue.

We also wrongly implied that he had been unfeeling and insensitive about Madeleine McCann's disappearance and had lied about his role in the police investigation. That was not our intention.

We accept that Mr Murat was assisting the police investigation into Madeleine McCann's disappearance and that his behaviour was entirely proper throughout, and we are happy to make that clear.

We apologise to Mr Murat for the hurt, distress and damage to his reputation caused by the article.

Last Updated: 14 May 2008 7:36 PM
    Source: The Scotsman

http://tinyurl.com/4n3ho5

http://news.scotsman.com/latestnews/Robert-Murat--an-apology.4085006.jp

15. rashomon

rashomon Member

Thanks Elle and Nana for providing the link.
    "The McCannFiles" is a very informative site.

Imo the fact that contrary to the first rumors, obviously also spread by the McCanns (why did they say that?) of the shutters having been tampered with, both the window and the shutters were left intact. The shutters also could not be opened from the outside.
    Imo this casts a huge doubt on a "the abductor came and went through the window" theory.
    Have those thumb prints been sourced?

Changing of the story:

Version 1:
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]"They had left the apartment locked while they were having their meal, but when they went back the last time they saw the damage."[/FONT]

changes to:

Version 2:
    The McCanns and all their friends on the holiday left their patio doors open throughout the evenings for fear of fire.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id31.html

This also answers my question in post # 152

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  16. Elle

Elle Member

Confusion all over, rashomon. What a fiasco. I'll pass the message on to Nana that you now have your answer to #152. She likes loose ends tied up. :)

17. rashomon

rashomon Member

When scrolling down until to the picture where it says "Interior of 5A bedroom where Madeleine slept", one can see that the person standing in the door would have looked directly at the foot end of Maddie's bed. http://www.mccannfiles.com/id21.html

It says in the link:

Didn't M. Oldfield say when he checked on the children that he could not Madeleine's bed clearly? But the bed would have been right in front of him.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id21.html

18. Elle

Elle Member

For sure Dr. Oldfield had to be standing where he could see the light coming through the window, rashomon, because the window faces the wall which Madeleine's bed is up against, flush with the door opening. How could he see the window if he wasn't standing close to the bedroom door?

The video gives a better perspective than those other photos. I'm thinking the kidnapper went through the patio door, down the stairs and out to the street.

The other photographs made the room look very sparsely furnished.

19. Jayelles

BBC Breaking News - Case to be closed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7482799.stm

What a surprise!

20. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Yeah, but not a good one for Maddie - it seems she has been forgotten in all this mess!

Although I am glad this will release the parents from their status as suspects, because I don't believe they had anything to do with her disappearance, I'm afraid no one will continue to look for her, and she needs to come home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice