Melodie and Luther Stanton...

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by JustinCase, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Elle

Elle Member

Moving right along ....

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Elle_1

</FONT></FONT>What would have been the point of him undoing the staging he had helped create?

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I think all the staging was done by Patsy and the body was already hidden by the time that she heard John wake up, realizing she needed to act fast she scrawled out the ransom note, at the same time she was seething angry with John and blamed him for everything for being such an absentee husband; she intentionally tied that ransom note to his work in that manner because she wanted to be sure he understood that it was his fault because he worked all the time and left her to take care of everything on such a tight budget with what she needed to cover.

Yes, all of the above is believable, JIC. This is where the "content" of the ransom note kicks in, more than the similarities of the handwriting. Her anger is very obvious.

I think John didn't know she was dead until he found her hidden behind those window screens and the freezer in the basement. Being so out of place, John would have investigated right away knowing all of the screens were placed in the wine cellar when they were removed sometime after the summer and replaced with storm windows; he found her and knew he couldn't make any noise or just go up and say I found her. So he decided to move the body to a place where she'd be found, making the comment that day about it being an 'inside job' could have referred to his belief that Patsy was guilty. After finding the body around 10 that morning he paced all day long, probably wondering what he was going to do. Over the course of the day he probably realized how screwed he already was, if he told on Patsy, Patsy told on him; his career is what he was really trying to salvage.

Yes, this was a strange comment about it being an inside job, considering there was just Patsy and Burke present in the house. Many of us thought John Ramsey was down in the basement scouting around at10:00 am. Linda Arndt should have gone after him. One poster thought Patsy had put JonBenét "inside" the freezer (?). This is probably what Fleet White knows, that JonBenét was not in that wine cellar when he opened the door after 6:00 am. Many posters believe this theory you have stated above.

But the only reason he stuck by her (IMO) was because he really was molesting JonBenet, and maybe that's why Patsy decided to sleep in the next bed over, so that he couldn't do it; I recall her saying during an interview that it would have been impossible for John to have done it but she refers to a few years back when her mother was caring for her and the kids while she had cancer; she said her mother slept in the other bed so he couldn't because grandma was right there. But she didn't make any sense because there was a two year gap in time between her battle with cancer and the murder, I think she admitted right there that John had been molesting JonBenet and that she resorted to sleeping in that other bed to protect her from the abuse.

This is what DocG on this board thinks. I have problems with this part JIC, but this is true about Nedra Paugh sleeping in the other bed beside JonBenét. It could have been for protection of JonBenét. I felt that because of past history, with John Ramsey having a mistress in Jodie Roberts, he wasn't into incest, but I truthfully don't know enough about this side of things, therefore I'll have to stop here with this one. I know you're not alone in your thinking here.

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Elle_1

I'm willing to believe there may have been a psychological twist to this (?), and I do think a great deal of psychology was worked out with Patsy Ramsey. I would say she was a master of the craft. However, liars always make mistakes, and this is why we keep falling over the Ramsey's lies.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    I think the whole psychological twist is that John and Patsy's marriage was a sham, he was a pedophile thanks to his time spent in Olongapo City. I think he used Patsy as a means of quelling talk, they created that image of the perfect family and everyone believed it, they fed on it, but I think John intended to keep things the way they were and Patsy couldn't stand it any longer even though she had to have agreed somewhat because of the money factor. If they divorced she would no longer be the CEO's wife and going to important functions and events as well. Socially, she enjoyed her reputation as being wealthy but very generous very much, it enabled her to look like a real humanitarian when really she was quite ignorant and very shallow. She had really no other choice, growing up in a home with Nedra the shallow crazy witch who vicariously lived her dreams of being someone pretty through her two daughters.

I could have written the second half of your paragraph above, because I have written it many times. This is what I believe too, but the first half again deals with John Ramsey being incestuous. It is all possible, of course (?)! His first wife, Lucinda and daughter Mélinda spoke very highly of him, and Lucinda may have been under duress to keep her mouth closed (?).

It was such a Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler relationship (On acid-mind you) that they were literally in complete disdain for one another but knew how to put on a really great show in public. It was a recipe for disaster that was really well covered up for the amount of media attention that it drew.

According to John Douglas (ex FBI) couples who have committed a crime stay together to keep an eye on each other. The Ramseys have stayed together.

This took me a long time to finish, two and a half hours to be exact. I've been through it and think it's pretty factual, I don't think it's solid proof that John had absolutely nothing to do with the murder or staging; that's just my opinion (of the moment) I believe he only stays with Patsy because he has to keep up with the facade.

None of us know what John Ramsey does when he isn't with Patsy, JIC (?).</FONT></FONT>

2. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Elle1
    I remember reading that the handle part was 17" which was too long.

OH, the handle was 17." It couldn't have been that long, could it? How long was that paintbrush??

Elle1
    Just the handle, JIC. This 17* plus the remainder for the hand ties and wound round the handle. Of course, as I said above, it all depends on the size of the canvas. 18" x 24" for instance would take up much more cord. Yes, you can have a softer linen canvas which is stapled to a wooden frame as opposed to the hard type.

Have you ever seen the painting Pam took out of the basement? Would you be able to tell the size if you saw it?

Hey! I haven't even finished the other half, JIC. Are you glued to that chair? Is someone whipping you?:whipit:

Running upstairs for Multi-Vitamin B :-(

Yes, I'm glued to my chair and nobody's whipping me, now you've gotten me depressed, it's positive affirmation time!!!

PS-Try those links again, if that doesn't work PM me and I'll email them to you.

3. Elle

Elle Member

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

Elle1
    I remember reading that the handle part was 17" which was too long.

Sorry, JIC, because we were talking about the cord, I just called it the handle part. The part of the broken brush shaft measured 4.5"

Will try the links again.

4. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Yeah, and I think worst part (for Putsy) about writing that note was the fact that some day there will be a 100% way to prove that she wrote it, software or something, I don't know. But I do remember reading an article that said the technology was in a testing phase, so everyone in Europe probably already has it.

I may be the poster you're referring to, from the description of the autopsy, the left side of JonBenet's face was seriously affected by Livor Mortis, and we've seen pics of that side of JonBenet's neck, and barely any lividity is present there; John Ramsey said in an interview that her head 'was cocked to the side' so I'm assuming that it was to the left; so maybe her head was cocked that way from being placed in the freezer upside down, all the pressure would have pushed her neck one way or the other? No?

I think when Patsy was asked that question, she began to answer that it was impossible because she slept in there each night, but I think she stopped herself and tried to recover by incorporating the story about her mother sleeping in there while she had cancer; I totally had no idea about this until I read Journey Beyond Reason. But it really helped me to see from other perspectives how plausible it was for Patsy to have been sleeping down there, and first I just thought it was because they were having problems with their sex-life because of Patsy's cancer treatments but I realized, if that were so, why wouldn't she choose the much more comfortable (and bigger) bed in the spare room next-door? Because I know she was smoking at the time of the murder, I theorize that she preferred the location because the balcony is open and she could smoke out there; the pack of matches on JonBenet's dresser eventually led me to this conclusion.

I flip-flopped about John molesting JonBenet, I knew someone had done it but I just couldn't make up my mind between DP and John, for the longest time I believed it was Patsy's father because as soon as Patsy was diagnosed with cancer JonBenet was sent to her grandmothers in Atlanta, shortly after that the dr.'s visits re:vaginal issues commenced, and continued through Patsy's cancer treatments. I eventually decided it could be anyone who had access to her, including John, and espcially Burke, it's possible they were being curious and had been for a while; that could explain why just before the murder JonBenet was asking about reproductive roles in males and females.

That's a really good reason for them to stay together, keeping an eye on John would be a little more difficult for Patsy since he's a pilot and can go anywhere he wants at any time; even overseas. I think this is usually how John got rid of his urge to molest children, think about it. He could just fly anywhere in the world and do something like that and then get right back on his plane and fly back home; he could be making frequent trips to Olongapo City for all we know...

I would love to know what that man's up to when he's away from Patsy. :censored:

5. Elle

Elle Member

No! this was way long before you joined the boards JIC. This was Jean from CrimeNews2000 I was a poster there for two years before I came here. I left over a year ago, about the same time as Thor and Little, when Rainsong caused disrupton there for the sheer hell of of it. It was an excellent site until Rainsong appeared. We thought it was Jameson up to her tricks with one of her many hats (?). A lot of people still think she's one and the same (?). Don't think Jams is into disguise any more (?).

Oh how I hope Tom Bennett will come up with enough evidence to charge the Ramseys. I hate the thought of him being a D.A. Keenan fan. Just heard from Peggy today that Keenan is asking for a $40,000 raise???
    Good grief! What a nerve!

I have enjoyed the revision here JIC. Thank you! As long as there are young ones as observant as you around, there's hope for all of us that "justice will be found one day for young JonBenét. "

Move over Jessica Fletcher! Justincase is here!

P.S. links didn't work. PM's fine with me. Please send!

6. Elle

Elle Member

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/nebula/9337/canvas.html

7. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

8. Elle

Elle Member

JIC,

Jean was moderating over there, when I left and that took up a lot of her time, but posters sometimes drift away from each other. I still read over there.

Yes, Jameson is a character, but I haven't heard too much lately about any strange hats floating around causing havoc. :cowboy:

At the Buffalo University, Professor Srihari was working on software for handwriting analysis, but this was in 2002. I must see if there has been an update on this.

http://www.cedar.buffalo.edu/pub_docs/article116.html

Wonderful show 48 hrs. There are so many crime investigating shows on these days CSI - Miami - NY and you can't help wishing that some of the
    technique could be used on the JonBenét case.

It's a shame that Sgt. Larry Mason was manipulated by John Ramsey into having the BPD interview them the next day, and the next day found the Ramseys behind a barracade of lawyers, and the rest is history.
    behind a barracade of lawyers.

So the BF has the whip and you come running? :gottarun: :)

9. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

It's strange how people progress so differently through things like this.

Oh for the love of everything quiet and calm what have I done! It's like saying Beetleguise! But seriously, if she's not getting under anyone's skin then she's probably planning her next 15minutes of fame by writing a book, we'll see how much better she does for getting it published than Linda McLean did; then again, Yawn and Putsy could always buy her a publishing company so I guess that wouldn't be a problem....

10. Elle

Elle Member

JIC, As you will find through a Google search, there are many articles related to this software created by Professor Srihari and his colleagues at the UB. I believe there was a mention of the ransom note having been sent to the UB. I even sent an e-mail a long time ago, but just received an acknowledgement.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/print.php?url=/releases/2002/05/020529071953.htm

University of Buffalo - CEDAR (Center of Excellence in Document Analysis and Recognition).

CSI keeps adding on different Cities. Two thirds of TV seem to be based on crime investigations.

P.S. Glad you have the cats and BF under control. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2004
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice