Members' Theories

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by rashomon, Mar 14, 2008.

1. rashomon

rashomon Member

It is almost eerie how Patsy picked up right where Nedra had left off. Patsy did not make it to Miss America, so double effort was put into JonBenet, who entered the pageant world at an even earlier age than her mother Patsy. "You have to train them young", Nedra said.
    Most daughters try to model themselves differently from their mothers (often quite vehemently!), but Patsy never seemed to have gone through any rebellious phase or anything. She was the model daughter, and stayed that way. Nedra's influence on the family must have been very strong. I imagine her as a pretty bossy matriarch.
    "As long as John brings in the money, we're going to spend it", Nedra said. Somewhat strange of a mother-in-law to feel entitled to spend her son-in-law's money. Nedra obviously had boundary issues - the "we" ( Nedra + Patsy) is very telling, for it points to Nedra (in addition to being a bossy matriarch) still being in some kind of unhealthy symbiosis with her (favorite?) daughter Patsy .

2. heymom

heymom Member

I thought there was some mention of cream in the bowl, but maybe I'm wrong. I think the liquid cream would not have stayed in the stomach very long, not as long as the solid pineapple, and might not have been identifiable as such if there were any left in JonBenet's stomach. I will look around in my books and see what I turn up about the cream.

3. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I'd read about the cream, too, but in most places, including the evidence lists and crime photo descriptions, it is simply described as "bowl of pineapple".
    I actually believe that it was PR herself, when shown the photo of the bowl of pineapple by LE and asked what she thought it was, said that it looked like "cereal and milk or something". Anyone else recall this?

4. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I think PR felt that her mother ALMOST got a daughter to be "Miss America" - without Nedra's having pageant experience herself. PR, with her own pageant experience, had that advantage over Nedra, and I think PR felt SHE could accomplish what her own mother couldn't- to get a daughter all the way to winning the "Miss America" pageant.

5. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Kind of off topic, but has anyone seen the new "reality" show on VH1 called "I Know My Kid's A Star"? Thursday nights here. They had episode 2 tonight, and I'm so ashamed of myself for watching this child abuse, I may turn myself in for it.

It's basically a group of about 10 parents with a child they're trying to turn into a "child star". The upshot is that the parents are incredibly messed up, one way or another, and the kids are surpisingly normal, sweet kids, but not all that talented on the whole. They get performance "auditions" each show, and they all live in one house with their children for the duration of the show.

The abuse, besides that they receive from their parent/manager, is when ONE of them gets eliminated at the end, told "You're out, so please leave now" or something like that. I am NOT making this up!! The poor kids are CRUSHED. And we get to WATCH for ENTERTAINMENT!

Oh, the bonus for true sadists? DANNY BONADUCE IS THE HOST AND JUDGE!! Any wonder that the MOST skilled kid on the show got axed the FIRST TIME? He was a cute, laid back, chubby kid who could tap dance with Fred Astaire. OUT!! Mainly because he and his father weren't cut throat savvy.

But I'm trying to get to a connection with Patsy: there is one mom who is an AGING FORMER BEAUTY PAGEANT QUEEN. She has a daughter and they're from the South, too. OH, buttah won't melt in their mouths. Totally fake SUNSHINE AND CUTEY CUTE CUTE!! The criticism tonight from some pros who worked with them was "Shirley Temple" wannabe. Of course, I can't help but be reminded of Patsy and JonBenet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice