Michigan Primary Results

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Ginja, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Uh, how 'bout NOT!

2. Ginja

Ginja Member

I'm serious, JR, read "Weapons of Mass Distortion" and you'll see how the liberal media controls what the public sees and hears. I read the book on vacation and now I'm re-reading it! It makes my skin crawl to see how all the news media outlets (network and cable news and most print media) "select" what THEY want to press and how they silence out other newsworthy stories. The problem? As O'Reilly noted the other night, it's all about ratings and/or getting on the front page.

What sells or makes the front page? Bush bashing and bashing conservatives. Of course, the book ends by saying this liberal media is about to meltdown because of so many conservative radio and tv talk shows (O'Reilly, Hannity, Limbaugh, etc.). So I'm not really sure how to take this latest "ignorance" on Ramsey's loss, seeing as how he was a Republican/conservative.

Then again, I don't think the media "chose" the Ramsey story to begin with...I believe Ramsey was the one who used his "status" to get on so much national tv. So maybe the media's not to blame in this instance. They wouldn't have covered the story if Ramsey hadn't pushed -- explaining why they haven't covered the story that he lost.

And we all know Ramsey isn't going to contact all these shows again to "promote" the fact he's a loser!

3. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

I think you are right Ginja...we haven't heard much news since John LOST the election. They probably hounded the press, the whole campaign....and are in hiding at this point.

Ramsey ever update his website?

Come on LOSER, let's see a gracious website thanking people.

4. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Did John ever make a concession speech at his "campaign headquarters"?

Don't all candidates, win or lose make a speech?

5. Show Me

They ought to Barbara, but then admiting defeat is probably not in John's swelled (although deflating now) head.

I don't think John will make a concession speech...instead he will probably focus on who to blame.

6. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Ha! Show Me! I just moved from Lee County. I spent a lot of time on Sanibel and Captiva. Please don't send them there.

RR, I cannot BELIEVE you lived right next to me??????????????? I thought you were much farther north..???????

GRRRRRRRRRRR.

PS. And fer gawd's sake, don't send them to Hickory, NC!!!!!!

7. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Come on Bob,
    Low Class? Common? Don't worry about anyone calling you those names, if anybody has the right to give that arrogant SOB a little dose of reality, it's you; I'm sure the letter you are preparing is just dripping with sarcasm but still eloquently worded. (If I wrote him I'd probably say something I regret:curses: )

You got the title, "I know what you did last summer" could be a double entendre to John and Putsy, the summer before JonBenet was murdered was when Patsy did all the final primping for pageants, she dyed JonBenet's hair and entered her in parades and arranged for her to make appearances; maybe if she'd spent some time just getting to know what JonBenet really liked to do, we all wouldn't be here.

Here's what John and Putsy will be doing with the next few weeks: Pretty Sacomasochistic eh?
    :dogpee::angeldev: :whipit:

8. Show Me

Wow Driver....Lee county is nice. I wouldn't want to trash little Sanibel island with the Ramseys. We've vacationed many years on Sanibel, I've still got boxes of sea shells to show for it.

9. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Driver......

So close and yet so far.

RR

10. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

I think it's interesting, and very telling, that as of this moment, nothing has changed at the www.supportramsey.com web site.

Three days later, and there is no admission John lost, nor any thanks to their supporters and volunteers. Patsy has a web-based business. Can she not even take the time to log on to their web site and make a few changes?

It is only common decency to concede the race, and thank the community for their support. Oh sorry. Since when did the Ramseys have "common decency."

Personally, I think they are pouting and angry. They just can't believe they're not America's darlings. And after all the money they spent!

According to http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,1607,7-127-1633_8723_8751---,00.html

John Ramsey listed:
    $111,951.02 in receipts on 7/23
    $87,984.32 in expenditures on 7/23

He has not filed a late contributions report.

Kevin Elsenheimer listed:
    $20,305.00 in receipts on 7/23
    $16,205.04 in expenditures on 7/23
    + $500.00 in a late contribution report on 7/29
    + $200.00 in a late contribution report on 8/2

John Ramsey listed expenses of $88,000 in comparison to Kevin Elsenheimer's expenditures of a little over $16,000. That's over five times as much. Ramsey had 4,684 votes and Elsenheimer garnered 5,194 votes.

Well, it's no wonder the Ramseys are mad. They sure didn't get their money's worth.

IMO

11. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

It is odd isn't it Cherokee. You would think common decency would dictate that they put up SOMETHING on their website ASAP.

You bet they're mad. As Zoomama pointed out on another thread, this is the first time they have really ever lost anything.

12. Show Me

I haven't checked the website yet...it wasn't updated this morning.

You'd think John and Patsy would want to thank their team and voters and organize a 'sign take down' party.

Maybe it slipped their minds, like sending the $1,000 charity check to their kid's favorite camp?

13. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I would have to disagree with this, Tricia and Zoomama. Not that they are mad, but that this is the first time they have really ever lost anything. I don't look for him to ever run for public office again myself, maybe get appointed to some job - like in the republican party or something. Maybe Yob will hire him.

14. Show Me

They still haven't updated the website....never seen them pout this long before.

You bet two little egos are suffering. Imagine the nerve of Michigan voters, after all John even went on national tv! You'd think his 'celebrity' was enough to win....but noooooooo. The voters wanted a REAL candidate. One who concentrates on the issues at hand and doesn't spend all their time and money proclaiming his 'innocence'....which is impossible to do when you are still a viable suspect.

15. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

If everyone wants to see an example of both class and humor on the part of one of John's rivals, look here, and see a man who knew what to do when he lost:

http://www.electjack2004.com

16. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

How cute WN

Other examples of "losers" showing graciousness and humor would be Bob Dole and even Gray Davis.

Both showed real "character" when defeated, something John Ramsey doesn't know about.

17. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

If JR's expenses were $88,000 then each vote cost him $18.50+.

I would bet that they are shocked and humiliated that they were unable to pull off a victory. After all, they are "big league" players. It is especially grievous to be $60,000 lighter in the wallet for the pleasure. Ah well, c'est la vie.

Has anyone heard one peep out of Patsy about her cancer treatments? I am amazed at her strength to campaign day and night on the heels of the chemotherapy. (???)

18. Show Me

If JR's expenses were $88,000 then each vote cost him $18.50+. (from Driver)

Need some more lawsuits....where's woody?

19. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Back

I'm back from vacation - the wedding was lovely :) (can't say the same about the weather :p)

I saw on the news that John Ramsey came second but it was just one bulletin with no further details. It was on CNN I think. I had no Internet access while I was away and apart from relying on one of my nephews to check out the Big Brother updates, I didn't *really* miss it either. I bought Henry Lee's book and read that. Do you know, that was the first I had read about the OJ Simpson case :O I tried to find a book which was entirely about the OJ case and couldn't get one anywhere.

I read ALL of the supermarket tabloids for the past two weeks - quite unashamedly stacked my basket high with them in Walmart! However, apart from Kirtsy Alley's grandesse btm and Mary-Kate's anorexia and Paris Hilton's black eye, there wasn't much of interest. The Lori Hacking case looks pretty bizarre, but I made a promise to myself not to get interested in any other real-life murder mysteries after the vandam case so I won't be checking any of the forums on that.

Back to auld claes and porridge now.

20. Show Me

Hope you had a great time Jayelles, in spite of the weather.

Lots of celebrations going on with Ramsey labeled a LOSER.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice