Misinformation at Topix

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Jayelles, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Elle

Elle Member

Just wondering if he knew her well (?). :)

2. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

:floor:

3. Little

Little Member

I'm not 100% certain of this, but I "think" someone (In the states or anywhere for that matter) could have a person in England set up an email account for them, or an internet account, and that's the IP that would show up no matter where they were posting from. All they would need to be able to do is log on with their user name and password.

Little

4. heymom

heymom Member

I wish your dad was still alive - I'd tell him to say "Thank you!" from me! It is a thankless job and if it weren't for the police and military, we'd have full-blown anarchy and lawlessness right now. I LOVE police officers!! I'll bet your dad was a wonderful person and you must miss him a lot.

5. Elle

Elle Member

Texan, It is very obvious you had a very intelligent father, by his very intelligent daughter, and it proves just how much you cared for your Dad by this post.

6. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

thanks

Thanks for the support Heymom and Elle. I really appreciate that - I'm still kind of dealing with his death, I tried to act like nothing had happened for a long time so I'm facing up to it now.

7. heymom

heymom Member

Losing a parent is a hard thing, and it takes time to grieve. There's not a right way to do it, nor a right time frame to start or finish. Just be gentle with yourself and let your feelings guide you, laugh when you want to laugh and cry when you need to cry. I consider myself somewhat of an expert on loss since all of my father's generation (6 brothers, 1 sister, all but 2 spouses) has passed on, and my mother died when I was 10. I certainly know what NOT to do... :) and some of what helps.

It's always hardest when we lose people we deeply love.

(((((Hugs)))))

8. Elle

Elle Member

It isn't an easy time for any of us to lose someone we love, Texas. Remembering the good times with your Dad, is a good habit to get into, plus if you can find a photo of you and your Dad together. One that you treasure over the rest, it will help you. I lost my oldest brother a few years back, and I came across one of my favourite photos, and we were both laughing our heads off in it. JUst the two of us. When I feel sad about him being gone, I look at this photo and I laugh and remember that time. It might work for you too. See if you can find one with just the two of you in it.

9. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Texan, LE has a very hard and thankless job, most of the time. It takes so much courage and character to serve as LE to protect the public. It's truly dangerous work every day, at best. And one thing that struck me when I've been around LE is they really are paid relatively little to clean up the worst messes of the rest of the population. My sympathies for your father's passing. He was ALL THAT, and more.

HoraceShills/Henrietta the creep is one stupid, thoughtless, reckless, and malicious person who doesn't care whom he hurts in his vendetta against the Whites and support of the Rams. He's on my BOTTOM-FEEDING TEN list as one of the worst people on the forums associated with this case. He is a true sociopath and compulsive liar, IMO. To hell with him. His opinion means as little as the Ramseys, because he's equally harmful to innocent people with his lies, exaggerations, and gossip-mongering.

10. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Texan, check your PMs.

11. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

cherokee

I have received pm and really appreciate your support and kindness. I will find my favorite photo with dad and make a scrapbook page. I know it will help. Thanks again.

12. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I don't know about that, I think the only way you can change your IP is to use an anaonymising service (like the person who perpetrated the Patricia Letters hoax). All I know is that Horace/Henrietta is a thoroughly unpleasant character who has an apparent obsession with child sex rings and who libels people like Fleet White and Henry Lee based on nothing more than malicious speculation. I think he does it to push people's buttons and that he doesn't expect to be called upon it. That disgusts me.

However, I think anyone with such an apparent obsession with child sex rings should be investigated.

13. Little

Little Member

You're probably right Jayelles. I just remember someone from another forum I belonged to having an IP from the UK and when they were asked about this (they supposedly lived in the states) replied that a friend of theirs in the UK had set up an account for them. That may have been a lie and they really were from the UK though.

I agree too that it would appear that H/H may be more interested in the child sex rings for other reasons than feigned outrage. No one quotes the bible as well as the devil they say.

Little

14. Jayelles

I am pretty sure that your IP has to be whatever is allocated to you by your ISP at the point of connection. If I dialled up to the US to connect via AOL, then I'd have a US IP, but if I dialled up to British Telecom in order to use my US AOL e-mail account, my IP would show as UK. I think this would be an awful expensive way of hiding my IP! You can buy software which automatically routes your internet connection via a proxy server but the software really slows your Internet connection down to the point where it becomes questionable whether it's worth it. I couldn't be bothered with anything like that and I couldn't justify it. Not being able to post at Topix isn't a big deal :)

15. Elle

Elle Member

In other words, he's a sick bastid, Jay. If he's browsing around here, he won't enjoy reading what the ffjayers think of him. A big creeping crawling maggot.

16. koldkase

Well, personally, I'm bored with the topix JB forum. They do have some good posters, but I'm not going to make the same argument for the zillionth time. The RST just twists what you say, or dismisses it as lies, or ignores it...so nothing new, obviously. But life is short...I have things to do.

But for those who have the will and energy...GOOD LUCK WITH THAT! :tsmile:

17. Jayelles

Deary me. There is a poster called Deb who appears to be incapable of little more than asking the same question over and over "Where is the evidence???" and of hurling insults.

FORTUNATELY, anyone readers with an IQ of more than 100 will be able to see who's making factual posts backed up with sources and who's not :)

Now let's take Jessica's post and Deb's post and decide whether they posted factual statements

Jessica's statements:-
    1. "Psychological records" is not EXCLUSIVE to Bienkowski's patient records!

TRUE

2. Given Nancy's unstable and checkered history, there would have been other psychological records available on Nancy other than those of Bienkowski.

TRUE - (from the Nancy Krebs interview)

2. Bienkowski is not the only psychologist on the planet.

TRUE

Now let's look at Deb's response to the above:-

1. You are an idiot.

NAME-CALLING

2. Most of what you say is misinformation.

FALSE - Jessica posted only facts.

3. Please study up before you make any further statements.

NOW WE MUSTN'T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS HERE - DEB MAY BE TALKING TO HERSELF (CERTAIN PEOPLE DO...)

18. koldkase

And that's why I'm not taking the bait from "Deb" anymore. I don't believe for one minute she's a newbie--or if she is, she's become as nasty as any swampster in record time. I don't believe for one minute that she wants to learn ANYTHING about the case, as she never reads anything she asks others about, only flames, ignores, twists the truth, and like your EXCELLENT post illustrates, Jayelles, lies about any topic being discussed.

She's silly and as I said more than once, a waste of time. You can't make a person smart, honest, or decent if they're not. She's not.

19. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

20. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

I'm not there to argue with idiots, but this is why we have set up camp here at FFJ as the nastiness one receives for not beng an idiot does wear thin after so long. However - letting their libel stand as is without a rebuttal is a concept that I cannot grasp.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice