More on Baby Midyette on O'Reilly Now!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Carol, Nov 15, 2006.

1. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Camera Article:

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2006/nov/16/slain-baby-in-national-news/

The heat will be on old "Drapes of Wrath" Lacy very soon.

And I notice that Michael Tracey is no longer the go-to guy for comments on crime and the media:

University of Colorado journalism associate professor Len Ackland said some news outlets exploit criminal cases such as Jason Midyette's death to bolster ratings.

"An informed public is the heart of a democracy. ... But at the same time it has to be real news, not just pumped-up sensationalism," Ackland said.

2. Amber

Amber Member

"An informed public is the heart of a democracy. ... But at the same time it has to be real news, not just pumped-up sensationalism," Ackland said.

Where's the sensationalism here? A 10 week old baby with 27 broken bones and a fractured skull died and his parents got lawyers and refuse to talk, and are being protected by a rich family and a DA who won't do anything.

There's no need for manufactured sensationalism - the simple facts are sensationalist in themselves.

I defy any normal thinking person to read the simple facts and not be outraged or incredulous.

It's as if Boulder exists in a time and place outside of our normal reality - like Brigadoon...

Justice needs not only to BE done, but be SEEN to be done, for people to have continued faith in it. If one or two people can literally get away with murder, why should the rest of us bother abiding by the rules?

3. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

The best is yet to come.

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Well, the worst has already come: someone, probably the parents, starved and beat a new-born baby to death. The DA is closing her eyes ONCE AGAIN to THE TRUTH and kissing a$$ while a helpless and UNLOVED BABY lies BURIED WITHOUT ONE PERSON IN COLORADO LE TO SPEAK FOR HIM.

It's all uphill from here.

5. koldkase

Well said, Amber, and dead right.

Obviously, so-called journalism professors at U of Co. only think that RICH PEOPLE matter and not DEAD CHILDREN THEY KILLED.

Any parent who pays tuition for that school needs to seriously think about what these VAMPIRES are teaching their sons and daughters.

6. tylin

tylin Banned

Obviously money is the deciding factor for prosecuting child murder cases in CO. Guess this means that 10 years from now Jason's killers will still be free. :banghead: :mad: :hopmad:

7. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Yeah well it appears to Ackland only the rich and powerful are worthy of attention.....I find it outrageous this isn't REAL news to Ackland. Ackland must think a new store opening at the Pearl Street Mall is REAL news.

Guess what Ackland....the REAL news is your paid off incompetent DA and why the people of Boulder haven't kicked her out azz out for NOT doing her job protecting the young and innocent!

8. Show Me

I don't get it, the University of Colorado, seems to think Karr was REAL news, though not one shred of evidence placed him at the crime scene.

I'd never let my kids go to the U of C! What the h*ll are they teaching these kids?

9. Paradox

Well, the worst has already come: someone, probably the parents, starved and beat a new-born baby to death. The DA is closing her eyes ONCE AGAIN to THE TRUTH and kissing a$$ while a helpless and UNLOVED BABY lies BURIED WITHOUT ONE PERSON IN COLORADO LE TO SPEAK FOR HIM.

It's all uphill from here.

Yes, what happened to the baby is beyond words.

For those interested in disecting the mental processes of Lacy and The Strange Theosophical Culture of Boulder, "the best" is going to be the garbledeegook Lacy spews as she explains the handling of the case.

10. Paradox

The Northwestern European, Judeo/Christian, patriarchal, elitist, separatist, earth raping, indiginous population killing, misogynistic culture that colonized the western hemisphere is the Great Satan.

That is what is taught at CU and in most of the major universitites in the country.

The people in charge in these universities and the faculty there are descendants of the 50's beat culture and the the 60's counter culture. They have morphed into an "anti" culture. The "old way" of doing things is anathema to them. Everything connected to the old way is to be avoided and hated. Everything and everybody that hates the old way is to be absorbed. This is the primary thinking process of the Strange Theosophical Culture of Boulder.

Two great examples of this are; the difference between the Steve Thomas camp and the Koby camp in the approach to the Ramsey case, and Lacy's irrational acceptance of the innocence of Patsy and the detective work of Tracey in preference to the direction common sense would take a "normal" person.

11. koldkase

Well, they can theosophize all they want. The facts are this: a baby was murdered in their theosophized culture and once again, they're protecting the baby killers who did it.

I don't believe anyone can be more decadent than that.

12. heymom

heymom Member

:bow: :bow: :headbang: You rock, Paradox!!

:hypno: That's one for Boulder...ommmmmm ommmmm ommmmmm inhale....hold it....exhale...ommmmmmm

13. koldkase

OK, bear with me, as I've found some interesting stuff out there in the Internetland on this case. But read fast, as I'm sure Wood is in line to start suing everyone for the Midyette family and this will disappear soon. If this is the same guy who wrote about this on the topix.net forum on this case, his post diasappread there pretty fast. Carol McKinley was on there trying to get him to contact her, but if this is the same man, he seems to be an elderly person who ALLEGES that Alex Midyette, the father of the baby, attacked him and injured him, with no consequences once Alex told the BPD cop WHO HE WAS:

From Court TV:

http://boards.courttv.com/showthread.php?postid=8739868

Then the TOPIX post (which another poster here first posted the link to, but which I can't seem to find, so a nod to whomever):

http://www.topix.net/forum/city/boulder-co/T6MIPC4D7M1A3V0OL/p1

14. koldkase

And while we're at it...just WHY haven't drug-related charges been brought against somone in this case? The pipes and pot were found in the Midyette's home. Even if they want to argue that it wasn't theirs, THEN ARREST THEM AND LET THEM MAKE THAT ARGUMENT IN FRONT OF A JURY!

And what about CHILD NEGLECT? The baby was MALNOURISHED! He had 27 broken bones! He died from a HEAD INJURY! AT LEAST NEGLIGENT HOMICIDE!! Arrest them on THAT!

Put BOTH of them in a cell on felony charges and then see if someone starts to tell the truth! And throw in the BOYFRIEND, who is claimed to have been babysitting the child that day; arrest him for homicide, and see how much guts HE spills!

15. Amber

Amber Member

Candy on Cyber Sleuths has put together some transcripts on this case - I for one couldn't view the O'Reilly video so I'm grateful she did this.

Transcripts

:verdict:

16. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

17. Show Me

Gee....the Newspapers and commentators are finally expressing the opinion I've had of Lacy all along.

She's a DA afraid to take a case to trial! Then why the H*LL is this woman a district attorney?

I can see Lacy cowering in her office, behind the magic hair curtains, awaiting a call from the Midyette's lawyers so she can obey their every command.

Finally the media is letting the world know.....If you want to kill your kid and get off scot free, go to Boulder!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice