mybelief's post

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you RiverRat for the Michael Tracey chat with G2. This is the first time I have seen it. Very interesting.

2. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

G2, Tracey, mame

Tracey is a horny rascal, and tried to get G2 in bed with him. There are also rumors that he had a brief fling with mame, just before her divorce.

G2 was too beautiful and too intelligent to take him seriously. mame--well, I don't know.

Just a little more background info for you, Elle.

As RR indicated, if Tracey writes a book about the 'net people, it will be time for FFJ to send out another truth squad.

Many of us oldtimers know where all the bodies are buried , so to speak. :parrot:

3. Elle

Elle Member

I join Lurker in saying "Excellent Analysis" Cherokee. Even I feel I can see Patsy Ramsey in there, due to Wombat making me take more time to read mybelief's post again. I skimmed it before being in a hurry. If it isn't, it sure is a "copycat" post. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

4. Elle

Elle Member

Thanks, Lurker. More stories please! :) Yes, I noticed Tracey said he wished G2 was a slut. Suggestive or what? I do enjoy reading all this information which happened before I got involved.

5. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

As always, a trip over to ACandyRose's archives is mandatory! I have only reposted a few reminders here, but one could spend hours, even days, there for a refresher on Tracey's involvment. Remember the jams visit where she was reported to have self-mutilated herself? Oh course you do......but do you remember that fugitive Lee Hill of mame/MysteryWoman Scam fame was also at the Toad with Tracey for that fun evening?!

RR

Last edited: May 7, 2006
  6. Cranberry

Cranberry Member

Thanks Cherokee

Thank you Cherokee for your post. I think you are so right on the money with everything you write. You make me want to get back to the word thesaurus theory although it makes me feel a little crazy or should I say disabused? lol I looked up the word and I think it means delusional? or like you're kidding yourself if you believe, etc. That's a new word for me to explore. Thanks again

7. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Shagalistic!

How Austin Powers can this guy be?!

Thank you Lurker for being a LONG-TIME Lurker and verifying the history that some missed out on! I think that I am thinking exactly what you may be thinking but with all of the scams from the Rams, I now know what it is like to be a fence-sitter. Not about the Murderers, of course, but with this thread.

And I don't like it.
    RR

8. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Rr

Austin Powers & Michael Tracey: twins separated at birth. ROFL!!! :uk:

9. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Oh, behave!

(Sorry. I just couldn't resist.)

-Tea

10. Elle

Elle Member

11. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Hello.

Just so happens that I, a Southern woman, have used this word for many years in regular conversation. An example: I have been diabused of the notion that most people are honest.

Looking it up in my Webster's, I see the definition is as I have used it: to free (a person) from deception or error: to set right.

I can't tell you where I learned this word. I have no idea if anyone in my circle of family or friends used it and I picked it up there, or in my educational reading materials, or from Time, Newsweek, or Vanity Fair...or off TV...I have no idea. I just know that I've used it many times, and probably in heated or passionate debate, I'd say off the top of my head.

FYI

Just thought of this: I studied theater for many years, read many plays. Maybe I picked up this notion of disabuse there. I particularly loved the work of Tennesee Williams. He certainly captured the hothouse nature of the jaded Southern Belle, and I grew up with and know those characters so well. I know Blanche Dubois like I'd lived with her all my life. I'm just a few years older than Patsy. It's plausible that Patsy read a lot of plays to find her monologues for her years of competitive high school oral interpretations.

I also studied many Southern writers of fiction, and here's a bit of fun: I once had a friend from the North, with Greek ancestry, and she was an English major in college. In conversing one night, she mentioned Flannery O'Conner and Eudora Welty, how funny their writing was. I was shocked speechless. I had no idea they were funny. In fact, I usually felt like crying when I read their stories, because I KNEW THOSE PEOPLE. What looked like exaggeration to my friend looked like the pathetic reality of people I'd grown up with all my life: the old man who had a child's mind because he'd been kicked in the head by a mule; the desperate women who had been raised to become wives, but who no longer had husbands to keep them in the lifestyle to which they were accustomed or to which they aspired, and so fell on desperate times and in fact did depend on the kindness of family...and sometimes, strangers...neither of whom were always kind. Neglected children who lived hapless lives, with careless parents, who might one day float away down the river looking for Jesus....

No, nothing funny about these characters to me. But I couldn't disabuse my friend of her illusions about these stories. You just have to live it, I think, to understand it.

And this is why I don't have the problems some might of believing Patsy Ramsey's Southern Gothic life led to the death of JonBenet. I visited Boulder once, way back in 1971, for a few days. To my Southern sensibilities, it was a very foreign place. Not that people weren't nice, or it wasn't lovely. But it was a far cry from the red dirt heat and kudzu-covered world I knew. When I read Patsy's description of the Boulder in her book, I understood how alien this land must have seemed to her.

Well, I have certainly embellished, but I did get back to being disabused, didn't I?

You see, when I read "two gentlemen" in the context of a ransom note...I get it. I hear the echoes of my relations speaking from the deep past. I can see the body language as clearly as if I were there, watching the writer's pretentious thoughts being translated into an attempt to intimidate those who might be judging the pedigree of the writer.

If Patsy did not write this note, the person who did knows her better than Patsy knows herself and nailed her, just as her own sister remarked of the note.

If the Ramseys were not involved in this murder, they would have been looking very close to home from the minute they read the ransom note, instead of spending a fortune leading away from the obvious: they know the killer. To deny that for 9 years, in the context of all they did to obstruct the investigation of this case...how can anyone OBJECTIVE not suspect them?

12. Elle

Elle Member

You sure are a peculiar creature KK. I have never seen or heard the word "disabused" until Cherokee pointed it out, and I have been around a lot longer than you! :)

13. Little

Little Member

I have a net friend who was not all that into the Ramsey case. One of the first things she told me when did discuss the case was that, to her, the note was written by someone from the south. I asked her what she meant and she said the wording just struck her as something a southerner would have written. Her mother is from the south so I guess there was something about it that hit a chord? I know that was not a biased comment, especially since it was from someone who didn't really follow anything about the case (until I got her hooked). She's not the first person to say that to me. I don't know what it was about the note, and I still don't. I guess it would take someone with southern roots, or someone who studied language/dialects (I'm not sure that's the right way to word that) to pick up on it.

To tell you the truth Ella, disabused was not a word I was familiar with either. I guess that makes two of us :)

Little

14. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

While I am well acquainted with the word "disabuse(d)," it is a word I will use only when I feel like being particularly sarcastic or snotty - take your pick. It would be like my saying to one of the mameskanks - "Let me disabuse you of your notion that you are somehow superior to the rest of us Earthlings."

I don't think mybelief is Patsy. Just a hunch the west coast might be involved.

The hit and run tactics are cute, too, ya think?

15. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

I don't think cute

I don't get the hit and run posts. What was accomplished by those posts?

I found it boring.

16. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Holy Golden Gates Batman! Why didn't I think of that?

I always like watching airplanes on their touch 'n' go landings, it shows a mastery of the craft...but there is no mastery here, it is more bump 'n' run or Boot Scoot'n Boogie, dontcha think?

17. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Heh, Moab - either that or the mental patients are only allowed out of their padded rooms once a week.

18. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

West Coast...hmmm??

Oh, yeah, the Krebs Kook.

Watch out, BobC--she's baaaaaack. :unreal:

19. Elle

Elle Member

:) This is what just happened WY.

20. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Could some of it be based on the use of the word "bring" instead of "take" from the line "Make sure that you bring an adequate size attache to the bank"?

-Tea

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice