mybelief's post

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

LOL Lurker...

This is a very interesting thread.

Just getting caught up..

2. wombat

wombat Member

Tricia: (and everybody else):

IMHO, I think Patsy wrote Mybelief's post, or most of it. I know we are supposed to think that Patsy is too ill, but there are several phrases in that post that are reminiscent of things she said, and of the ransom note. There are several ransom note words, and mybelief uses word repetition and alliteration in a similar manner as Patsy does. We discussed those issues earlier in the thread.

Another writing that has similarities to mybelief's writing is the 1997 Christmas letter, which Patsy says in DOI she and John wrote together (they like to write things together...):

There are two specific things in this document that mybelief's post evokes:

She writes:

which sounds like:

Patsy doesn't use "and hence" any more, because she got called on it with the 1997 letter, but mybelief still writes in that structure, and separates the tail of the thought to disguise the writer. It's an argumentative position that sets up the point that the writer wants to make in the document. Most people would write "if"/"then", but this person has a creative writing education.

And then there is this:

which is structured like:

Both documents are signed off in a similar fashion. In mybelief's post, she isn't writing a greeting card message, but starts to end it that way. Force of habit for a person who has mostly written social letters and notes.

Mybelief's post has gotten to me - I just hear her in it. The subsequent posts bug me as well. It's sent me back to reading DOI, where the voice is the same much of the time.

The question is, if this is Patsy (assisted by John or whoever), why is she reading this forum? What does this do for her?

I posted this earlier, but here is something Patsy said in a deposition that might answer the question:

3. Elle

Elle Member

I can go along with you on your thoughts here, Wombat. I'm no expert, but I thought there were similarities in their writing too. You have done a good job here.

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Interesting analysis, wombat. Thanks so much for posting that old Christmas letter. It is astonishing how another look after all these years can reveal things we missed back when we didn't have the familiarity with the family and the case we now do.

Of course "mybelief" could be anyone, including Patsy or some of her supporters, sisters, or relatives, or not. I do believe speech patterns are shared by close family members and friends, so there's that as well. But you have found some parallels that are startling. Remember that Susan Stine had input into that Christmas letter...allegedly, anyway, after "and hence" jumped out at EVERYONE but the RST and ANOTHER LAME EXCUSE had to be whipped up pronto. Why Stine would want to take responsibility for writing the same stilted language of the ransom note left by the person who murdered JonBenet is beyond me...but it's another reason I've always thought the Stines are hinky in this case.

Does anyone remember reading that Patsy's sister Pam once said, after looking at the ransom note, that the person who wrote it knew Patsy well enough to mimic her writing...or something like that? I can't find it now, and it might be a statement that got twisted through the years, but I thought I'd ask if anyone else remembers and can source it.

Here's something from that Christmas letter that jumped out at me, and it's amazing how after so many years things like this were once missed but now seem so obvious:

Now, I'm no Christian scholar, but I've done some time learning the dogma, scriptures, hearing the sermons...and I thought the Christian belief is that once you accept Christ, IT'S A DONE DEAL.

NO?

Say it ain't so! You do the ritual, accept Christ as your savior, and you STILL have to run around just HOPING that MAYBE you'll be given eternal life, see your loved ones in heaven, etc., etc.?

I don't think so.

See, now I'm seeing a very burdened person who thinks maybe s/he's NOT going to heaven...who has to HOPE that s/he'll be accepted into heaven...but maybe not. Why is that? That's not the Christian faith as I understood it. I thought the Rams have said many times their faith has been strengthened, they are Christians, even the kind who would WELCOME KILLERS into their church to be forgiven by God and all that kind of stuff. Yet, after all the Ramseys had "been through," the death of their innocence, they claim, when they're simply victims, not killers, just why would they have DOUBT that they'd be entering heaven?

Well, maybe I'm misunderstanding. But it looks like that word "doubt" keeps coming up a lot for such devout, innocent Christians....

5. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, KK I remember reading that Pam Paugh said this. I won't research it, but if I fall over it, I'll post it.

Hence is a word I would use when necessary. I think Pam supported her sister all-the-way, including the BPD when she was capable of raiding the Ramsey home in the police car. Willing to do anything/say anything.

6. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I'm not sure it was Pam who said that. It may have been Nedra in an interview at her home in Atlanta with the BPD. I could be wrong, though.

7. Elle

Elle Member

I'm not in the mood to hit my books this morning WY, but I browsed the ACandyRose site to see if I could find some confirmation, and at the moment, I'm listening to the hard, brash, tough aggressive voice of Pam Paugh from the Dave Lucas show. I am having a tough time listening to her brittle voice. Not an attractive sound at all. One tough cookie. Just like Patsy!

Anyone want to join me? Don't know how long I can last (?) :(

http://webdollie.tripod.com/davelucas12301998.htm

There are a few poster's - familiar names I've read about - talking to Pam too. Jameson also talks to Pam Paugh, but I couldn't understand a word she said. It may be the recording (?).

8. Elle

Elle Member

Went back and listened to a few more recordings at the ACandyRose site. I used earphones and listened to Jameson again. She was much more pleasant to listen to than Pam Paugh. I noticed the copyright of the recording is dated 1999 and it's not a very good one. For some reason, Jameson was asked about the duct tape being taken from JonBenét's mouth, and she said a policeman and Fleet White had gone back into the wine cellar, and Fleet White had handed that piece of duct tape to the policeman.

Glad I don't have to talk to Pam Paugh every day. Her voice would get on my nerves. What an arrogant brash loud mouthed person she is. I'm sure telling all of you how I really feel about her. :)

http://webdollie.tripod.com/davelucas12301998.htm

I kept getting cut off these recordings. Grrrrr! Almost like a phone call going on the blink.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2006
  9. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

God Bless ACR. Honestly, what would we do without her?

10. Elle

Elle Member

We would be lost without her, Tricia. It's a bit fascinating hearing some of the voices of people we have read about, although the recordings are not crystal clear, but oh that is one brash woman that Pam Paugh. I think Lance Mattews (Internet poster) talking to Pam Paugh was intimidated by her.

11. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Elle,

You yourself are a great treasure trove of Ramsey case information.

Don't ever go away.

As long as there are those who state the facts unequivocably and unrelentingly, there is still hope of justice for JonBenet.

12. Karen

Karen Member

Pam Paugh also alluded to the fact that Priscilla had Patsys day planner/ address book to plan the big birthday bash. I can't remember how she phrased it but it sounded like she thought Priscilla could have studied Patsys handwriting from that book and copied it. I don't remember where I read that either. There are mountains of material to read both in book form and online and I can't remember every place I ever read something. I think maybe it might havew been a LKL interview on TV or something. Pam really seemed to be casting suspicion an Priscilla.

13. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you, Lurker, that's nice of you to say so. I enjoy the research, and finding the right source when I can.

14. Elle

Elle Member

You might come across it when you're looking for something else, Karen. If so, please post it. It's hard to remember everything when we have travelled along the trail of the Ramsey case for a long time.

15. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Thanks all for helping with this information. You're right, Elle, it's so hard to remember it all after so many years and so much debate and discussion. Not to mention, constantly changing stories by the RST.

16. Elle

Elle Member

Very difficult KK. Especially the changing of the information. I posted the audio url at ACandyRose. My friend Little sent me the following extract from a transcript.

I haven't got the patience to wait for Little posting this. :) She won't mind me doing it. I had so much trouble understanding Jameson. Earphones were better. Didn't need them for Brash loud mouth Pam Paugh as I said before.

Jameson: But you have to understand, they took Patsy's pad to the basement. Patsy had written on the top sheets of paper. They took three sheets from the middle of that pad and they wrote on it so if they were gonna copy anybodies writing it was going to be the writing on that pad which was Patsy's.

HUH????????

http://webdollie.tripod.com/02151999part4.htm
    Dave Lucas: Someone, someone could have actually had something or seen something that Patsy had written and just tried to mimic it.

Lance Matthews: Oh yeah.

Jameson:
    Oh sure, they had Patsy's pad.

Lance Matthews:
    That is one of, that is the only other theory that I can think of is like somebody had planned this thing out and attempted to write like Patsy.

Jameson:
    Well they were writing on that pad.

Lance Matthews:
    Cause there is so many similarities to the handwriting like the Y's and the T's and the H's and you could go all day. I don't know.

Jameson: But you have to understand, they took Patsy's pad to the basement. Patsy had written on the top sheets of paper. They took three sheets from the middle of that pad and they wrote on it so if they were gonna copy anybodies writing it was going to be the writing on that pad which was Patsy's. But I don't happen to think that anybody copied...

Dave Lucas:
    What was written on the pad, does anybody know what was on there before?

Jameson:
    No, we have just been told that it was Patsy's pad and it's what she did her planning on, you know who to call, what chores had to be done, ah, the family schedule.

17. Elle

Elle Member

Little, myself and a few others were wondering how Jams would know anything about the pad being in the basement (?).

This notepad (the one used for the ransom note) was on a small table near the wet bar close to the bottom of the spiral stairs. It was actually photographed by John Ramsey himself on 25 December, 1996. Finishing of his film, which was confiscated by the police.

The Police Files 246-248

18. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Forget how she knew! What was said is much more interesting!

19. Little

Little Member

I remember when I first got on the net I really wondered how this person could possibly know what they knew about such intimate details of this case, and not be involved. After a while I caught on that this person was the mouthpiece for the Ramsey family, but thought this person was taking a big chance with the information they had. A lot of it seemed to be something only the murderer, or someone intimately involved with the murder, would know. I didn't buy that all this information came from one shower vision. I doubt that many others did either.

Little

20. Elle

Elle Member

Wish we could find out more about this subject, Little. There has to be a good story there. We could sell it to NE. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice