National Enquirer - 11/23/2002

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by BobC, Nov 23, 2002.

1. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

Bob

I've tried to play fair with the Ramseys, too. In fact, I've been known to admit that Patsy was someone I probably would've liked, if I'd met her before the murder. Sure, she would've seemed a little over the top - but I could definitely see where her good points of generosity, friendliness etc...would've shown through had I worked with her in the PTA or on some philanthropic board.

A few years ago I was in email correspondence with Patsy for a short time. Now I know some will question whether this is true
    but I had some pretty good proof that it was.

An "insider" gave me her email address and I wrote to her telling her about our similar West Virginia background. (I'm from a little town about 13 miles from Charleston, where she lived for a time.)

Within 4 to 5 hours, she responded, talking about 2 people she knew from my hometown. And guess what...they both checked out! One was a man who worked with her father at Carbide - my Aunt also knew him from working at the same place. (Patsy's father was gone by the time my Aunt worked there.)

The other was a roommmate of Patsy's in college AND a classmate and pretty close friend of one of my cousins! I also went to school with this girl, though she was a few years behind me.

These were very obscure names that you certainly wouldn't have known, even if you followed the Ramsey case extensively so I have every reason to believe that this was Patsy writing...or someone very, very, very close to her.

Here's the kicker..the Patsy who wrote to me was friendly and well..yes, likable. I told her flat out that I believed she had a hand in killing JonBenet, which she of course denied.

Other than that, it could've been any surburban mom writing.

So, I've always had a "broader" image of Patsy than some. But, reading her actual words in the Enquirer sure doesn't make me want to take into account her humanity, know what I mean?

I try to imagine myself in a similar position. My six year old daughter viciously murdered and me as a suspect....but I can't EVER picture myself being so alternately nonchalent, belligerent, and downright cold about the whole thing.

I can't talk about my son who was stillborn in 1990 without getting teary...even today. Yet Patsy discusses JonBenet's murder in such a totally cold and well...whiney manner. Like how dare people bother her with the annoyance of having to bring THAT messy subject up again!

Bottom line is, I can't understand these people. At all.

Well maybe I should amend that - what I seem to understand is that everything was geared toward saving their sorry butts. And nothing else matters

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Patsy is very likeable--even now I'd like to meet her but she and JR are in the survival mode. That's interesting that you e-mailed her!

3. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Pearlism I am now officially in a psychotic meltdown going over the interviews. That topped with the fact that I saw Lin Wood's hillbilly bottom feeding face on LKL last night...well let's just say I am locking myself in the house until I am sure I won't go out in public and stop people on the street screaming about how guilty the Ramsey's are.

Now I read your post Pearlism. I think I need an ambulance.

You are saying aren't you that you wrote Patsy, said you thought she had a hand in the death og her daughter, mentioned some people you both know and she WROTE YOU A NICE, A NICE, NOTE BACK?

That's it. Bring on the Lithium.

4. Pearlsim

Not quite, Tricia

I'm saying I wrote her an email and just said something like "this is from a fellow West Virginian who was born and raised in the small town of ........" (A town that happens to be just down the road a piece from Charleston, where she lived for awhile.) I didn't write about any names at all.

SHE wrote back and mentioned the names of two people she knew from my small town. And darned if those names didn't check out as true!!!!

That's what led me to believe I was corresponding with the real Patsy. I don't think even the most fanatic of case followers could've come up with either of these names - one being a guy who worked at Carbide with her Dad..and the other being one of her college sorority or dorm mates (can't remember which). And since I received an answer to my email just hours after I'd written, it wasn't like some nutso could've taken the time to go find two names from my very, very small hometown. (As in even Jammy wouldn't have these names on the tip of her tongue, or time to find them out.)

Even BobC wouldn't know these names! And she brought them up all on her own.

One more thing...it wasn't one email. We probably wrote back and forth about 9 times before she abruptly changed her email (said she was being harressed too much) address and stopped all correspondence.

5. BobC

I don't doubt you spoke with Patsy. I never understand why people think i't's so amazing that anybody talks to people in and around the case. Most of the time all you have to do is e-mail them and ask a few questions! You might be surprised how often they'll answer!

6. BobC

Okay--I can't post today on CTV but can someone here respond to this Lieghann clown, who says "The Grand Jury has spoken?"

Ask them this:

Oh really? Fascinating. What exactly did they say? Every one of the Grand Jurors is under a gag order and can't say ANYTHING about the case. So if they have "spoken" I'm sure the DA will love to hear about it!

7. purr

purr Active Member

Well, I took BobC's advise........

and I got my BUTT out there and bought a
    National Enquirer.

I read every word just now on the JonBenet case.

Amazing...just amazing......!

It is so hard for me to understand how people can
    read all that and NOT understand why the
    Ramsey's are "under the umbrella of suspicion"!!!

I am so overwhelmed with all that was written.
    I will respond on this thread......and go through
    page by page...what my thoughts were....and
    ask for your feedback...

but not now..it's too late...my head is swirling.

Do you think there is place where we could read
    all the 40 hours of transcript?
    A lot was edited for the NE piece.

Who would have ever thunk that the NE would
    have a handle on this case!!!
    They did themselves proud with this reporting!

So BobC asked you to go get your BUTT out there...
    and now I am asking you to get your BUTT out there and
    buy it and read it........so we all can discuss it together.

By the way BobC, I am still reading the Court TV posts.
    To me Jams has a stalker type personality....among many others.
    She is so scary! It is impossible to debate with her!

But anyway, keep up your good work there.....people
    need to hear the truth about this case!

Back to the NE, the questioning about the pineapple
    to Patsy was brilliant. They got her on that one for sure.
    Too bad the cops didnt know how to wind all the
    forensic evidence together to get the grand jury to convict.
    I feel that John and Patsy Would Be in Jail right now!

More Later,
    Purr

8. Pearlsim

Where to Start?

There is tons of stuff to talk about in this article.

First off, I have to admit that when I first saw the "JonBenet Secret Video Evidence" headline, I hoped that the Christmas videos had been found, with some shocking visual revelations. No such luck!

I've never seen the house "in person" but I know that people who have say it isn't as large as it looks. But, when I see that floorplan of the second story - with Burke and JonBenet all by themselves, along with empty rooms for Melinda and John Andrew, it makes me feel sad. They seemed so cut-off from their parents, up there in the third floor huge "suite" arrangement.

Next miscellaneous point: When Haney questions Patsy about the duct tape she seems to imply that they never had the stuff their house. Something about that struck me as funny. I mean, this isn't plutonium we're asking about! Even Haney says he can't imagine a house where there's no duct tape, but Patsy acts like she's never owned the stuff or hardly knows what it is.

On to the "Big Lie" about no one else being awake when they made the early morning 911 call. That whole section is interesting but one tiny tidbit caught my eye. Patsy is answering questions about what went down that morning. Haney tells her that after she supposedly hung up the phone there was some additional conversation - conversation at her house.

Patsy: by whom?
    Haney: That's what I am going to ask you.
    Patsy: I mean John Ramsey was down on the floor reading the note. I weas frantically calling 911. I have to hear it to know what you're talking about.

Does that strike anyone else as weird, the way she refers to her own husband as "John Ramsey"?

It made her words sound all that much more like a carefully prepared script!!!

9. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Quote:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    originally posted by Pearlism

Does that strike anyone else as weird, the way she refers to her own husband as "John Ramsey"?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It might to some, but the word “dissociation†comes to my mind…just like why she calls JonBenet “that childâ€â€™â€¦she is distancing herself from the crime.

10. BobC

I've been to the house several times and it is waay smaller than I expected. Saying the parents or burke wouldn't have heard JBR scream is LUDICROUS.

11. Kelly

Kelly Member

That's what I thought when I was there too, Bob. There is a stairway from J&P's third floor bedroom going down to Burke's bedroom area, then another stairway in J&P's bedroom that goes down to the landing right outside of JBR's bedroom. They could hear those kids at night. It's not as closed up as some over yonder would like us to believe.

12. BobC

When I saw that house, everything made sense. It really did. All these bizzare theories and out there scenarios are all fiction

13. BobC

Calling this house a mansion is a stretch. Don't get me wrong--it's a very cool house and very nice, it's just not mansion sized. The other thing that stood outto me was that even though it was three stories, it really isn't very tall. The cielings were very low and I could have easily gotten to the second floor from the outside.

14. purr

purr Active Member

there is SO VERY MUCH to chat about

in this National Enquirer article.

Page 29 -

The tapes capture the dramatic moment when investigator Tom Haney confronts Patsy with the horrific finding that the little girl
    had been the victim of sexual abuse.

Haney: Are you aware that there had been prior vaginal intrusion on JonBenet?

Patsy: No I am not. Prior to the night she was killed?

Haney: Correct. Does that surprise you?

Patsy: Extremely.

Haney: Does that shock you?

Patsy: It shocks me.

Haney: Who - how could she have been violated like that?

Patsy: I don't know. This is the absolute first time I ever heard that.

ok....my comments.....

first of all, the detectives had to imagine how Patsy would react to
    this fact..and this line of questioning.....

i feel that the detectives are the ones shocked here. and i am shocked too at her lack of response...at her lack of saying....
    "Oh my God....no way in hell could that be true!!! I have taken her to the doctor over and over.....surely the doctor or JonBenet would have told that to me before!!!!"

patsy just seems so "flat".....so unemotional......so
    unconvincing........so unmotherly.........

what do you all think?

i dont know when this line of questioning was....but
    surely Patsy had read the autopsy by now to know there
    were vaginal injuries.

and.....her first answer......is kind of a question
    Prior to the night she was killed.....??
    Like she knew that night that JonBenet had been violated...
    so she did not question or get overly excited about that.

again, what do you think?

i think her reaction gives the detectives a big clue here!!!

15. purr

purr Active Member

and i agree with pearlsism

the arrangement of the 2nd floor is so very sad and telling.....

Page 35 has a layout of the 2nd floor -

why would they place JonBenet next to John Andrew's bedroom......??

and then place Melinda next to Burke's room???

you would think they would put the youngest children
    closer together...just in case they got afraid in the night.....
    and/or the parents could check both of them at night....right
    close to each other.

also..Melinda and John Andrew were not there all the time ........
    right?

it is so very sad...that a lot of their family "things" dont
    make sense, and it seems like isolating the children
    was done on purpose......but a purpose i dont understand!

what do you all think?

let me know,
    purr

16. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Absolutely purr. Even if Patsy is doped up like Anna Nicole Smith she still would, at the very least, be somewhat stunned.

There is so much in this Enquirer I can't even begin to tell you. I did scan all the pages with transcript. Hopefully at some point we can post those pages on the forum. Have to wait a bit and perhaps get permission.

Purr I am with you. There is so much. I don't even know where to start.

17. Pearlsim

yes, purr

I wrote about Patsy's "flat" response in an earlier post on this thread.

As a mother, it just rings so cold to me. Like I said, if you told me my EIGHTEEN YEAR OLD daughter had been sexually molested, I'd be hysterical, crying, sobbing, begging you to find the SOB who hurt my baby girl..etc...Trust me, it wouldn't be pretty!

Patsy's little girl was only six years old. Her biggest concern in the world should've been whether she got the toys she wanted on Christmas and when she could ride her new bike and what more "loot" would she get in Michigan.

Instead, we have a little girl who was sexually violated. And not just on the night of her murder. I can't even think about it without being sick at heart and wanting to cry...yet Patsy remains cool as a cucumber.

I guess it's yet another example of what Moab spoke of earlier...complete dissociation.

Frankly, I don't believe Patsy could live with herself if she hadn't managed to distance herself from the murder of "that child" with such stunning success.

18. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

I Have Mine!

Oh Baby, it was worth the agonizing wait.

Patsy is trying to convince me and the rest of the world here that in order to leave their house by 7 A.M., she did not set the alarm clock late Christmas night when she finally made it to bed.

Why?

It's on John's side of the bed.

She must have one helluva internal alarm clock in that non-murdering body of hers, huh RST?!

Can you believe that she actually uses the term "blah, blah, blah" when she is reciting the Ranson note? I can't. But in the words of her obvious favorite expression that is tossed in too much for me to stomach -

Whatever.

ReadyTooSeeJusticeRat!

19. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

I got imne last night....... I have'nt even gotten to read all of it yet, there was soooooooo much. But what I've read so far is jaw dropping.

Johns been naming every person he ever knew, ......what a talker, lucky for us he never was FBI or CIA.
    He not only threw Santa under the bus he backed over him a couple times for good measure. He out right called him a Pedophile.

These two are made for each other, they're like snails they leave a trail of slime.

20. Kelly

Kelly Member

RR, the "blah, blah, blah" that Patsy said when referring to the ransom note was incredible. I had to go back and reread that one.

I was also surprised to read where John stated that Priscilla White was very jealous of Patsy. LOL! As if any woman would be envious of someone with ovarian cancer. That is ludicrous.

A wealthy group of men in Atlanta have a club they have named, "Atlanta Fat Cats." GAG! What a bunch of pompous a**es.

Old John Boy swearing to God that he didn't do it.....do investigators REALLY ask, "do you swear to God"? OK folks, that's it, he's clear.....he swore to God so we can go home now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice