Need Help/Hunter documents about Grand Jury on pg2

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Thank you Cranberry.

Here is the front page of the press release. Please take note. Nowhere does it say the Grand Jury did not, refused, or could not, return an indictment against the Ramseys.

Attached Files:

2. Tricia

The rules are very specific about Grand Jury secrecy.
    From the same press release;

Attached Files:

3. Tricia

One more from Alex Hunter's press release;

Attached Files:

4. Tricia

So, does this sound like the Grand Jury refused to indict? Or does it sound like HUNTER REFUSED TO INDICT;

"The Boulder Grand Jury has completed its work and will not return.
    No Charges have been filed."
    *snip*
    Hunter continues, "Yet I must report to you that I and my prosecution task force believe we do not have sufficient evidence to warrant the filing of charges against anyone who has been investigated at the present time."

"Yet I must report to you that I and my prosecution task force believe we do not have sufficient evidence to warrant the filing of charges against anyone who has been investigated at the present time."

Break it down even more.

...that I and my prosecution task force believe we do not have sufficient evidence to warrant the filing of charges...

Nowhere does he state anything about the Grand Jury deciding not to proceed with an indictment.

This is such a crock of :(:(:(:(.

5. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Seems to confirm a few suspicions.

6. Elle

Elle Member

A one man task, Tricia (?).There has to be a paper somewhere with the Jury's signatures, surely?

7. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Thanks for posting those documents, Tricia. Seems clear to me. However, if they're not inclined to put murderers in prison in Boulder, and Hunter had a decades long history on that, obviously, they're not going to go after petty misdemeanors, no matter how many times they threaten "contempt of court" or some such retribution. They sure don't care if their police chief is impersonated to obtain information from private citizens.

Sound pretty clear to me. I guess Schiller is packing his toothbrush. NOT!

Well, seems plain as potatoes to me. Not only did the Grand Jury take an oath of secrecy, they ASKED Hunter to prohibit anyone contacting them about their service on the Grand Jury.

All I can imagine is that Schiller contacted Keenan and she rescinded all of the above restrictions. Otherwise, the juror and Schiller would BOTH be looking at contempt of court charges.

Oh...hang on...look at the first order: "Any person violating this order shall be subject to sanction for contempt of this court."

OK, there's the rub, isn't it? Just how do you SANCTION a private citizen who is a writer and reporter? What are you doing to do, bar them from having tea with you?

8. koldkase

Tricia, Dr. Lee said in his book where he discussed this case that HE advised Hunter NOT TO INDICT. That can be followed through with logic and you may realize there would have been no reason for Dr. Lee to advise Hunter not to indict after the Grand Jury if they returned No Bill of indictment.

One more quote:

So...applying logic to what has now happened...I guess the grand jurors were ORDERED BY THE COURT to talk to Schiller.

So...what I'd like to know is which court and what judge ordered this?

9. koldkase

OHMIGOD!

Gutter candy has STOLEN OUR TOPIC!!

I told you, Tricia, this is why we can't discuss ANYTHING in this case! She will steal it everytime, that mail bagger!

Speaking of mail baggers...now that I think of gutter candy...and going postal...it fits. :spit:

10. Tricia

OMG. I knew this would happen. After all the hard work I did to get it to you 13 minutes faster than anyone too. Now, my work has been stolen.

Oh the humanity of it all...heh

11. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I read a post at jameson's where there were discussing MySpace and Candy was discussing her account saying that:-

Seems they took note of her request. I found the site and there was Mary McAuliffe, Age 25 of Okemos with no friends.

(I was surprised that she is only 25. I had thought she was older).

12. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

19 MR. HOFFMAN: -- your first libel
    20 case, okay.
    21 MR. WOOD: Darnay, I don't have to
    22 try a libel case to know how to try a case,

:rolling:

Just like the cops in Boulder......they didn't have to investigate prior murders to know one when they saw one!

RR

13. RiverRat

No way. I mean, the age thing, not the no friends part obviously.

Some peoples children.....:tsktsk:
    RR

14. RiverRat

Excellant........

Look at this quote I found at CS where a whole TEN pages of archives still exists.

March 23, 1999
    Alex Hunter interviewed by Dan Abrams.

AH: They have been meeting on a fairly regular basis. There are four of us that are their legal advisers and we do their bidding in the sense that they tell us… We make suggestions but they tell us the direction they want us to go in what I think is a SEARCH FOR THE TRUTH in this case.

DA: You talked about following protocol in there and the implication was that protocol wasn’t followed.

AH: What I was saying here is that I don’t think any of us across the land are prepared for the kind of case this case represents. We had protocols, critical instance response plans, we had this, we had that, but we were not ready at the moment in the critical phase to follow steps and we’ve had to do some catch up.

DA: Did the not following protocol lead to mistakes?

AH: I don’t want to speak to that at this time. As I said in my remarks, I think there will be a time to talk about things we could have done better. Now is not the time. Frankly, looking back over everything, I think we had some excellent police work in this case.

:hypno:
    RR

http://www.cybersleuths.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000005

15. koldkase

Uh...call me stupid...but...what are "critical instance response plans"?

Is that like when you have to pee all of a sudden, in the middle of grand jury testimony, and you open your brief case and hit the red button and your ADA runs interference in front of you so you make it to the bathroom in time?

16. RiverRat

Oh, it gets better......

And I have absolutely nothing else to do tonight, so let's see how much I can recapture!

Hunter denies leaks from his office

by B.J. Plasket
    Daily Times-Call

BOULDER — District Attorney Alex Hunter is quickly losing patience with questions about his office and leaks in the Ramsey investigation.

"I am tired of these allegations," an angry Hunter said on Wednesday. "We leak nothing."

Hunter added he is offended by such questions.

Although he has faced similar questions — and was accused by former Detective Steve Thomas of leaking information — since the beginning of the investigation, the questions became more pointed early this year with the publication of Lawrence Schiller's "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town."

Although the book contained word-for-word copies of internal memos and a blow-by-blow description of the highly secret two-day meeting between police and prosecutors in June 1998, Hunter at first refused to speak to it.

In August, however, he claimed "most" of the book's contents are wrong, adding that the documents may have been taken by "janitors or burglars."

He also insisted no one in his office could have been the source of the leaks.

Last week, however, the grand jury's secret meeting schedule appeared in a Denver newspaper — along with a purported list of the witnesses who had already appeared before the grand jury.

And while dozens of reporters waited in the hall Thursday during the grand jury's first meeting in four months, Assistant District Attorney Bill Wise was in the Justice Center's coffee shop meeting with Denver Rocky Mountain News reporter Charlie Brennan, who wrote the grand jury articles earlier in the week.

Brennan also conducted much of the research for Schiller's book.

Hunter became visibly angry when asked about the Wise-Brennan meeting.

"It's a free country, isn't it?" he snapped.

When asked if the meeting concerned him, Hunter didn't answer and walked away.

Wise and Brennan had a similar coffee-shop meeting on May 19, the day of the next-to-last grand jury meeting before the four-month break.

As of Friday afternoon, Hunter had not seen a list of additional questions submitted Thursday by the Daily Times-Call. Media liaison Suzanne Laurion said she had not yet delivered the questions, but said she doubted Hunter would answer them.

Hunter in August said he realizes the Wise-Brennan relationship "(angers) a lot of (media) people," but defended his staff.

Under Colorado law, prosecutors are prohibited from commenting on grand jury proceedings. Hunter has said the prohibition precludes prosecutors from revealing information about the grand jury's schedule or its witnesses.

http://www.cybersleuths.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000491

17. Tricia

Mary is older than 25. Either it's not the same Mary, it's a mistake, or she is lying.

I think her myspace.com profile is gone now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice