New 911 lab update

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Frankly,

neither interpretation makes sense to me. In the first place, both "Hon, we need 'em," and "Hurry right in" are odd things to be saying while calling 911. I can't see myself, at that particular moment, calling anyone "Hon." That sounds like a casual conversation to me, and Patsy was under tremendous stress right then. Why would she be calling John or anyone else "Hon" given her next words - "Hello, police..." It doesn't jive. I'd be too upset to be calling anyone Hon, I'd be doing the, damn it, I'm calling the cops whether you like it or not kind of thing. Patsy may be southern born and bred, but she's no shrinking violet who has to cajole - Hon, we need 'em.

Hurry right in also is an odd statement. Who's she telling to hurry right in? Right in from where? Was someone standing in the doorway, coming in from outside? There were no footprints in the frost on the sidewalks outside that I'm aware of. But, if someone had arrived at the time of the 911 call, does it make sense that whoever it was would be silent? Wouldn't John be greeting this person, telling him that they couldn't find JB. Patsy was doing her frantic out of breath routine on the phone to the 911 operator, and the person wouldn't be saying - what's the matter? What happened here?

I can probably make more sense out of the Hon, we need 'em statement, but it doesn't fit with the frame of mind Patsy portrayed during the actual 911 call. I'm not saying either interpretation is right or wrong because I don't know. I'm just saying that both leave a lot of room for interpretation of what she was talking about. Could it have been "Hurry right BACK"?

The alleged conversation between John and Burke at the end of the tape has always made sense to me, though I've never said why on the forum. I think Burke was standing right there when Patsy made the call. I think John was very angry at Burke, because it's been said he spoke to Burke in an angry voice. Why would John speak to Burke that way unless Burke had done something to anger John, something they were now trying to clean up and cover up. If Burke were involved, and he heard John and Patsy talking about the ransom note, he would be questioning - well, what DID you find? They wouldn't have told him they were staging the crime scene, so he would be wondering what they could have found, since no one else was there that night.

OTOH, another scenario could have been that, again, Burke was standing right there during the 911 call and simply was questioning Patsy's saying to the 911 operator that they had found a ransom note. What DID you find? But, why would John be so angry with him? It could be just because John was tense and under so much pressure.

One more thought - could it be that Burke got out of bed and came down the stairs just as Patsy began that 911 speech? Could she have been speaking to Burke? I can see her speaking to Burke that way - "Hon, we need 'em." Could Burke have asked, why are you calling the police? Another sneaky thought creeps in here, though. If mom and dad told their son they would take care of everything, could he just have wondered why they needed to call the police if they were going to take care of everything? How would the "Hurry right in" interpretation fit with Burke's being present? Not as well, unless she was telling Burke to hurry right back to his bedroom and pretend he was sleeping.

Hurry right in and Hon, we need em are not that far apart. "Hurry" and "Honwe" could be confused, "need" and "right" are one syllable and could be misinterpreted, "in" and "em" are often confused.

I haven't downloaded the software to slow the tape down, yet, and I don't know if I'll get to it today, either, but I'm going to in the near future. I could listen to it and hear, Hon, be quiet. See how that works?

It shouldn't be necessary to state that this post is my opinion, which is protected by the Constitution. The part about Burke isn't even opinion, it is thought in process, which I believe is permissible unless it's no longer legal under Woodnut's law to express thoughts without stating an opinion.

Further, in no way am I accusing Burke of anything. I am a reasonable person - I am very capable of reasoning things out. Reasoning involves thought. Discussions involve thoughts and ideas. I have never posted any theory about JBR's death - I have discussed possibilities but I don't know who killed her. I do believe it wasn't an intruder.

2. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

Watching You:

"Frankly,

neither interpretation makes sense to me. In the first place,
    both "Hon, we need 'em," and "Hurry right in" are odd things to
    be saying while calling 911. I can't see myself, at that
    particular moment, calling anyone "Hon."

I can't find a place for "Hurry right in", but have some
    speculation about the "Hon, we need 'em."

Suppose that prior to the 911 call, John and Patsy were
    discussing the idea of calling in friends. John was not sold on
    the idea. He had some reservations. Patsy picks up the phone to
    dial 911 as the conversation was ending. Maybe, she said, "John,
    we need them." (referring to friends) The J was cut off leaving
    the sounds "Hon, we need them."

If this did happen, it appears that Patsy's want prevailed as
    usual. As I said, pure speculation, but in the ballpark.

3. Spade

Spade Member

Hunter

didn't hear about the Ramsey case until 12/28/96. He was on vacation in Hawaii. Hofstrom had the "watch" on 12/26.

IMO The BPD's actions on the morning of 12/26/96 were consistent with a "kidnapping".

4. Adrian Monk

Adrian Monk Member

Re: Hunter

So their normal practice is to leave one detective in a house overflowing with spectators, trampling through the crime scene, CLEANING, and when the one detective calls for backup, ignore her.

What may appear normal for Colorado, doesn't necessarily make it normal.

5. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

JustinCase!

"had she been as poor as Susan Smith her :(:(:( would be in some womens prison and claimed by a big, dirty looking lesbian lady named Susan."

Yeah. Rich people get us and Stine.

But - let's just ask Patsy what she has to say about that moment in time when the 911 call was made that morning. This is how she explains it in the book she wrote.

"What do we do?" I stammer.
    He shouts, "Call the police!"
    "Are you sure?"
    Yes, call them!"

Standing next to the wall phone, I instantly dial 911, and try to make the voice on the other end of the line understand. It is as if she doesn't believe what I am saying. I slam the phone back into it's cradle on the wall. Got to have someone here, I think. I dial the Fernies number. "We need help!" I scream. - Patsy Ramsey.

6. Britt

Britt FFJ Senior Member

Brainstorming on the mystery phrase:

How about..

Hurry, read 'em, telling John to read the note (pages)... or

Hon, we need 'im talking to John but referring to Burke... or

Hurry, hide 'im, referring to Burke... or

Hurry, hide 'em, referring to evidence... or

Maybe "HonWe/Hurry" is "who will" or "who were" and part of a sentence: ...who were right in... or ...who will ride in...

Maybe it was a reference to the note, a partial sentence: ...re-write it... or ...write in..., or Who will read 'em? Maybe John didn't like Patsy's version or thought it was too long... lol... and wanted to edit, but Patsy already had the cops on the line.

Or another partial sentence: ...her, we'll need 'im... or 'em, meaning when the cops find her (JB) they'll need their lawyer or the friends.

7. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

My sources say that Patsy's first statment on the tape was "John, Good GOD, put on some pants--you're making me physically ill."

8. purr

purr Active Member

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww

BobC's answer was THE BEST!!!

laughing.........laughing so hard....i fell over,
    purr

Attached Files:

9. Thor

Thor Active Member

LMAO BobC!!!!!!!

10. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Re: JustinCase!

Originally posted by RiverRat

Yeah. rich people get us and Stine

Actually I was refering to the other 'dirty looking' Susan. I don't mean to intrude but did you mean that you are gay? My brother is gay and so is my best friend; I hope you don't take that to mean that I think all lesbians are dirty looking and big; I just envision what hir would look like after a few years in the can for being retarted, then it hit me, it isn't illegal to be retarted. LOL

"I slam the phone back into it's cradle on the wall. Got to have someone here, I think. I dial the Fernies number. "We need help!" I scream. - Patsy Ramsey.

This describes her as having hung up with 911, thought for a moment, pick the phone back up, dial the Fernie's number and 'scream' "we need help!" Had she really done this, none of us would be able to hear the section at the end after she thought she hung up; and note how there is no mention about how the Whites came to know about the kidnapping... Seems like they want to plant the seed of doubt about Fleet and or Priscilla.

11. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

LOL

"Yeah. rich people get us and Stine"

By "us" I meant the forum........but I do think that Sparky is kind of cute, so you never know!

RR

12. BobC

I don't think Susan Stine is gay, but she is quite manly. And yes she looks like she could use a good "pageant scrub." The filthy little thing.

13. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

If Patsy really is saying, "God. Hon we need them" then I think, without question, she is speaking to Burke.

Maybe it happened like this:

Burke: "Who are you calling"

Patsy: "The police"

Burke: "Why"

Patsy: "God. Hon we need em"

Can't you picture a little kid standing there listening and then speaking up.

"What did you find? What did I do?"

To me it fits like a glove.

From the way it was explained to me the "God" was said with a down tone. In other words like the word God was all alone.

So the phrase went like this.

God (period) (new sentence) Hon we need 'em.

I think it was WY who brought up the point that maybe Patsy is saying "John." Could be. I have a hard time hearing the "God" myself but the rest of it now flows for me.

However Justincase swears it says something different. That's why I'll try and get the slowed down version and post it. Justincase could be right too.

14. BobC

I have several friends who might be "funny." Is there a phone line where I can report sodomites? I used to be able to phone Rush Limbaugh, but he seems to be having some difficulties of his own these days.

15. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

BobC

Try Falwell or Ashcroft.

;)

16. Elle

Elle Member

Slowing down the speech on the 911 call

I downloaded a program and slowed down the tape, and I just can't hear anything at the beginning of it. There is some static present. As I told you before, I had trouble hearing the "Help me Jesus" part until I copied the file to a CD. Now I'm having trouble hearing words at the beginning.:mad:

17. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Re: Slowing down the speech on the 911 call

Elle,

When you listen to the 911 audio you can hear it without adjusting the volume and without doing anything else to it, I suggested slowing it down so it can be clearly heard; that's all I had to do; at first I thought she said "my name is".

911: 911 Emer<---gency??
    Patsy: Hurry right in. Police! seven five five fifteenth street
    911: < What's going on there ma'am?

<--- ='s the point at which Patsy begins to speak and the operator continues what she was saying.
    <='s the operator had to repeat this question because Patsy basically read from a script it seemed.

**NOTE to anyone listening to the audio, not just this clip:
    Use headphones and try to do it at a time where there is no other background noise or anything else to distract you for optimum results.

18. Watching You

I still can't hear

any actual words in that mumbling. When the tape first clicks on, it sounds as if there is one word that could be "hurry," but the mumbling part sounds incoherent to me.

The RST has accused us of lying, imagining things, hearing things that aren't there, etc. I don't do that, and I don't think anyone here does. I know I can clearly hear Patsy at the end of that tape saying Help me, Jesus, several times. I have stated I can't hear either John or Burke on the unenhanced tape, and I can't decipher what is being said at the beginning of the tape in what sounds to me like mumbling. That doesn't mean it's not there, it means I can't hear any clear words. I am going to have to listen to this again at home where I can concentrate better.

What I'd give to have the original tape in my hot little hands...

19. Watching You

Okay, I hear something, now

I've listened to this portion of the tape several times, now. I hear something that could be Hurry right in or Hon, we need em. It's very muddy and very mumbly. I just can't be sure she's actually saying anything or just mumbling. I'll listen more later.

20. Elle

Elle Member

Re: Re: Slowing down the speech on the 911 call

Success! Thank you JIC ..now why didn't I think of the earphones before? I heard it from my own CD, and I heard your file much clearer than my own, thank you thank you! My earphones were just a few inches away in a drawer! Good grief! :eek: You young ones come in handy now and then! ;) Also heard the "Help me Jesus a little bit better, but the "Hurry right in!" was a tad clearer than that. You don't have to strain your ears so much into the bargain. :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice