New Boulder Pictures/A big THANK YOU to the Boulder Four. Job Well Done

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, May 2, 2004.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

DocG

The one thing that house is not lacking is windows. I personally believe that all case followers should see the home in person as it is not exactly what you would expect. First of all, there are neighboring homes everywhere, all squeezed together on this little road. The house sits very close right off the street and has a somber presence attached.

I tried to get the back shot of the house just because of the statements that Fernie has made regarding his SuperMan Vision. However, after my smoking in public, my crew didn't want me any further off the leash! Could you imagine The Rat getting frisked by Beckner?! LOL, couldn't be worse than Jann Scott getting frisky!

Bob, thank you for staying Rotten. I see that you forgot to mention that those Bolder Boulder Babes passed you around the room........

RR

2. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Isn't that the truth. That house has more windows than most.

I also agree that it's helpful to see the house in its surroundings. I was there in March 2004 and was amazed at how close the house is to its neighbors. From photos, I thought it sat on a nice piece of relatively secluded property, but it does not. The house is very close to the street, and VERY close to other houses INCLUDING the ones behind it. There is just a very narrow paved alley separating the Ramsey driveway from the back neighbors fence.

I have a photo of the back of the house (at least the patio area) that I took through the fence. I'll scan and post it if anyone is interested. You'll see what a tiny backyard the Ramseys had.

Another poster/friend and I were "busted" by one of the college-age renters who came home while we were in the alley. He was very nice. We asked if we could go inside and take photos, but he was in a hurry. He said he only had five minutes to change clothes and get to work. We thought later we should have offered him money for a quick look inside. :)

3. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Chero - is this it? It'll save you some work if it is.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2007
  4. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

An aerial photograph confirms all you say. You can see the Ramsey house defined by the irregular shape outline. Look at how close the Brumfitt house is to the north and the Gibbons house to the south. I have found it interesting that Ramsey defenders intent on believing an intruder threw a metal baseball bat against concrete and brick on the north side of the house use as their proof that Melody Stanton's husband heard the clang even though their house was all the way across the street on the right, yet Diane Brumfitt, whose house was right on top of the bat's location, heard nothing.

[​IMG]

5. DocG

DocG Banned

Is the basement window grate area visible from any of the neighbor's houses?

6. Cherokee

Yes, that's the photo, Jay. Thanks for saving and posting it for me.

As evident from all the different photos, there are lots of windows in the Ramsey house. You can even see more windows through these windows! The stucco addition was full of them.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
  7. Cherokee

Great photo, WN. Thanks for posting it and showing just how close the houses are to each other.

8. DocG

DocG Banned

Sorry, I'm not seeing any of the photos apparently included in the last several posts.

9. Jayelles

We can...we can... Na na :p

(seriously try right-clicking on one of the images and then copy and past the image properties into your URL bar then hit enter.)

10. Why_Nut

By any chance do you have image display turned off in your browser? Do you see a blank space where our pictures should be, or a red X or some other symbol?

11. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Jayelles are those the doors Fernie was suppose to have read the ransom note though?

If so could I get a copy?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2007
  12. DocG

DocG Banned

My browser's been acting weird. I changed a setting and NOW I can see them. Great! Thanks!

You know, those windows look just like old fashioned single ply windows to me. The screen is clearly a completely separate unit, not built in the way it would be on modern, insulated windows. I see no reason John couldn't have broken in via one of those panes on the first floor.

13. Catfish

Catfish Member

Hi DocG,

On ACandyRose's website there is a crime scene photograph that supports your observations: http://www.acandyrose.com/073boiler-room.jpg This photo shows screens stacked in the boiler room, indicating that the screens were removable. Also, the excellent photo above by Jayelles shows the left window with a full screen in place, while the window next to it has neither screen nor a winter insulation (storm) window.

I support your theory that the broken window was staging. However, I feel I must play the "devil's advocate" for a moment. I would expect that some of the windows on the first floor and above would have storm windows in place year around while others would have a screen during the summer months.

A defense argument could be that since John needed to break into his own home in a summer month, any window above the basement level would either have a storm window or a screen to break/rip through also. Therefore, breaking a single pane of glass in the basement was simplier than breaking through a single pane on the first floor as well as ripping through a screen or braking a storm window.

Your earlier post has a good argument that the LE should have pinned John down as to facts when he claimed to have broken the basement window after returning from a business trip.

-Catfish

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  14. DocG

DocG Banned

Thanks, Catfish. You make a good point, the ground floor windows might have had screening over them. But I don't think that's the point John made. As I recall, he referred to insulated windows, said nothing about screens.

15. Why_Nut

Here is what Patsy revealed about screens and windows.

16. Cherokee

I took that photo by pointing my camera lens THROUGH the iron bars of the back fence, so my photo angle was limited. Otherwise, I would have taken several photos, including one of the windows on the other side of the stucco addition.

There is an upright iron bar fence running all along the front of the Ramsey property and halfway down the left side (as you face the house). Then, it changes from iron bars to an eight foot tall closed wooden slat fence. The wood fence runs the short distance of the back of the property until it touches the driveway, then a length of iron bar fencing connects the wood fence with the house along the right side of the driveway. It was through that part of the iron bar fence that I took the photo of the backyard.

As you said, one window has a screen, the one next to it does not. I would think it would have been easier to break one of these windows in order to access the house than find a basement window, remove the grate, break a small opening, squeeze yourself into the window well without cutting or scratching yourself, and drop two feet into pitch black "who knows what."

Which reminds me, in total night darkness, it would have been impossible to see the basement windows with the window grates as an opening to the house UNLESS you already knew they were there. They are not easily visible.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  17. Elle

Elle Member

Thanks for this fantastic enlargement, Jayelles. Just look at how easy it would have been for John Ramsey to have broken a pane of glass in the door to the right, with all the smaller panes of glass. This is what we need to see, enlargements of all the windows on ground level.

I know we all think the same on this, and have posted it about it many times.

I can't believe the Grand Jury swallowed the tale of the basement window under the grate. I wonder what the exact count of the"more accessible windows" would be, on the ground floor (?).

18. Jayelles

I can't take any credit for this excellent image. Chero took the photo and sent it to me some time when I expressed interest in seeing it. It just so happened that I still had it saved - thus saving her the bother of uploading it again.

19. Catfish

Catfish Member

Hi Cherokee,

Thanks for the excellent photo. It really supports DocG's observations about easier ways to get into the house and his theory about staging the basement window.

I agree with you. However, John apparently enjoyed entering the house by breaking and climbing through the basement window, since he did it so often! I guess it beats carrying a house key.

Or perhaps John just enjoys breaking windows?

20. Jayelles

Good catch Catfish (about the window breaking!)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice