New Court TV Special - JonBenet

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by VP, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

This is why we love Why_Nut..RIGHT GANG???

2. wombat

wombat Member

Yes, thank you. Are you also going to have a pool on who sold what new piece of evidence?

So now I think Patsy had a cup of tea Christmas night while the kids, or just JonBenet, had pineapple, and sat with them/her for a few minutes before going to bed. Haven't ever bought the "she was asleep/we put her to bed" scam. It was Christmas day, of course you talk about the day with your kids before bed - "did you have a nice Christmas, honey? Did you like your presents?" The last thing everyone says in my family is "merry christmas" before turning out the lights. We are not the Ramseys.

3. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

I can start with thinking that John and Patsy sold some video to Schiller. The current Court TV promo on now has a bit of video of JonBenet herself dressed ordinarily and therefore clearly outside a pageant context. Since that sort of video was not commercially shot, it is likely a private family video, and therefore would be sourced to John and Patsy. They own the copyright on it. In order to broadcast copyrighted personal private video for profit, Schiller needed to have them sign a release, and in order to validate the contract, he had to pay them money.

4. Ginja

Ginja Member

Hmmmmm

Cable news was relatively "new" when JonBenet was murdered. OJ's trial coverage was the biggest thing to hit tv. Today we've got how many channels of cable round the clock news?

So in the past 10 years, how many crimes against children have hit the airwaves for 24/7?

What I'm getting at is the fact that in '96-'98, viewers weren't used to seeing how horrible parents really can be (or how horrible REAL perverts/kidnappers are!).

So as regards those jurors, now that they have 10 years to witness the horrors of reality, would they be so quick to say they couldn't believe a parent could ever do this to their child?

Perhaps that's the kind of question Schiller (or others) could ask these jurors. Now that they've seen how horrible parents can be, or see what a real pedophile is capable of doing, would they still view the RAmsey case with such naive eyes?

5. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Juries will believe what they need to believe.

6. Why_Nut

Oh boy, Catherine Crier show right now is previewing the program, and there certainly are pictures we have never seen. I will have screengrabs very, very shortly. A close-up of the duct tape!

7. sboyd

sboyd Member

So Patsy has died and now everyone is coming out for her is how it appears.

8. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

That's how it looks. That Crier segment was AWFUL! They had the pimps out, just like I thought. Since when is Jeralyn Merritt an expert on this case? She was never even involved with it!

And Ed Gelb? We all know that story. It never even occurred to him that a person (any person) could convince themselves of their own lies.

And Schiller's assertion that there was a fiber match on the bed with the cord? Michael Kane was asked about that back on Dan Abrams and he said that there was no such thing.

9. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Hey, we've got two threads that are going to be competing. Barbara started one on the Crier show today.

Should we merge the two? Cause you will NOT believe the absolute spin that is now being passed off as PURE FACT in this case. I am not kidding. Who knew Lou Smit would end up being believed, with all the ignorant, stupid things he has come up with in this case?

I swear I am not making this up: Schiller is now on board pro-Ram all the way. He actually tried to spin that the killer tied up JB IN HER BED, then took her downstairs and fed her pineapple!

I SWEAR I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP! Thank god Catherine caught that one and called him on it. He then just sputtered, well, that's why I called this a mystery!

::shocked2

They have thrown out all the true evidence or spun it into something no longer recognizable. They pretty much are broadcasting THEY CAUGHT THE INTRUDER!!

Except for...hehe...they don't know who he is. But they KNOW HE DID IT!

Arrest imminent!

Unless...he's dead already.

BUT THE PARENTS NEVAH EVAH COULD DO THIS MURDER! NOR ANY PARENT HAS EVER DONE A MURDER LIKE THIS!

Nor anyone else...but that's a small detail not worth mentioning....

I sure hope Patsy gets TV in the hereafter. She'll LOVE this!

10. Why_Nut

I liked the smackdown he laid on her a bit about the birefringent material.

Jeralyn: There were pieces of the paintbrush in her!
    Larry: No, there was cellulose, but not actual paintbrush pieces.
    Jeralyn: But Carnes said so!

11. koldkase

Yeah, it was popping with facts and knowledge of the case. NOT!

More mistakes: Crier said there was another incident IN THE SAME NEIGHBORHOOD where a child was attacked with the mother in the home after a man hid there waiting on them.

I believe that was 2 miles away, but hey, I live in Georgia, we actually have to be in the same general vicinity before we call it a neighborhood.

12. koldkase

Merritt got her big push to prime time with this case. She is a defense lawyer in Colorado, and believe me, she has been riding the good old boys club pony for all it's worth there. I think she has a plaque on Hunter's hot tub.

Uh...Gelb left out that Patsy DID NOT PASS HER POLYGRAPHS TWICE BEFORE SHE DID. Small detail, but I looked up Gelb's spin at the original polygraph party last night...Patsy "didn't pass" at first, so he INSTRUCTED HER and then...she did. HOW WONDERFUL OF HIM. And of course, Patsy and John DID NOT PASS THE FIRST POLYGRAPHS they took with that other guy, Toriella or some such. He sent them to Gelb. Guess Gelb has a rep.

Oh, and Gelb DOES know that people can believe their own lies. He said it point blank when he polyed a woman on TV and she passed...truthfully answering that SHE WAS ABDUCTED BY ALIENS! I'm not making this up, I tell you!

And Gelb is a bit of a liar himself. His original "DR." title...he got from a diploma mill. A little something that came out when he did the Rams tour.

Yeah, that's more Smit spin that first showed up in the Rams' paperback edition...and then disappeared from future printings. I always wondered why....

13. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

They mentioned the polygraphs, saying John and Patsy passed with flying colors, but Burke had never taken one.

14. Why_Nut

Here come some pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Why_Nut

In the name of all that is holy, where on earth did Schiller get the idea that Patsy said in her police interviews that the literal teabag found in the glass, and I quote, "would not have even come from her house."

16. koldkase

Apparently, if you buy your own polygraphs, you don't fail, you simply score "inconclusive."

Here's the transcript online for that press conference with Wood, Gelb, and the Rams.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0005/24/se.02.html

Fasten you seat belt, the spin is dizzying:

So, now that we have established that "APPROPRIATE PROTOCOL" for a person who "RAN INCONCLUSIVE EXAMINATIONS," or you could say DID NOT PASS THE TEST, would be for someone else to perform the retest..., let's see how Gelb handled it:

OK, I know I'm not the braintrust anywhere...but...help me out...what's the difference between "A DISTORTION" and "INCONCLUSIVE"?

hahaha These people are PRICELESS!

I swear, if I could lie this well, I'D RUN FOR PRESIDENT!

It's inconclusive because we don't KNOW why she didn't pass, people! Get over it!

And don't even START with the distortions! It was an intruder! A pervert who feeds pineapple to his victims after tying them up, then hangs around 5 hours, according to Schiller, while the parents sleep upstairs, and then murders her! Writing a ransom note that COINCIDENTALLY Patsy CAN'T BE ELIMINATED FROM WRITING HERSELF...oddly enough. WHAT LUCK!!

I am not fit for this world. I just can't be stupid enough. I try, but I give up. I couldn't be this gullible if I had my brain sucked out through my ears. How the hell does the world turn with these people at the helm?

17. koldkase

He got the idea from all the dope he's obviously been smoking. Or maybe he's snorted one M&M too many....

I swear, they were talking so fast, and it was impossible to even follow all the misinformation. I'm sure they don't care, as the end result was all they were after, the means of having the case FUBAR irrelevant to them: PATSY AND JOHN DIDN'T DO IT! DON'T GO THERE, PAL!\

They are using the RST standard of evidence: if the prime suspects said it, IT'S TRUE!

18. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"Cause you will NOT believe the absolute spin that is now being passed off as PURE FACT in this case. I am not kidding. Who knew Lou Smit would end up being believed, with all the ignorant, stupid things he has come up with in this case? I swear I am not making this up: Schiller is now on board pro-Ram all the way. He actually tried to spin that the killer tied up JB IN HER BED, then took her downstairs and fed her pineapple! I SWEAR I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP! Thank god Catherine caught that one and called him on it. He then just sputtered, well, that's why I called this a mystery! They have thrown out all the true evidence or spun it into something no longer recognizable."

I saw, I saw.

"Merritt got her big push to prime time with this case. She is a defense lawyer in Colorado, and believe me, she has been riding the good old boys club pony for all it's worth there. I think she has a plaque on Hunter's hot tub."

She's a pimp, pure and simple. She and Pozner are two peas in the same pod. Whatever the case, the cops were unprofessional and acted criminally. That's their mantra.

"Uh...Gelb left out that Patsy DID NOT PASS HER POLYGRAPHS TWICE BEFORE SHE DID. Small detail, but I looked up Gelb's spin at the original polygraph party last night...Patsy "didn't pass" at first, so he INSTRUCTED HER and then...she did. HOW WONDERFUL OF HIM. And of course, Patsy and John DID NOT PASS THE FIRST POLYGRAPHS they took with that other guy, Toriella or some such. He sent them to Gelb."

My point exactly.

"Guess Gelb has a rep."

So do the Warriors. LOL

Schill also seems to take Patsy's fiber transfer story at face value.

19. Kelly

Kelly Member

So........the only thing the perp brought to the house with him when he came to commit this crime was a teabag? He had to bum a sharpie pen, and a notepad, but he knew there would not be any teabags to his liking there.

20. wombat

wombat Member

Sigh.

I may have to watch this program with my thorazine drip on.

We could just go all the way to "the teddy bear did it" (he WAS in the room) and let this case rest. I couldn't even enjoy my morning cups of tea.

There is a poor dead baby here that people are using to fill their pockets. Disgusting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice