New Globe is Out!! Top Forensic Expert- Mom Did it!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Sabrina, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Elle

Elle Member

You're forgiven, Cookie. :) I'll check this other address out with my son, before I order. I'm looking forward to seeing your photographs. Nice to see you are doing well.

2. Elle

Elle Member

This photo was for a Motherhood book, Cookie? You're kidding!? You're not kidding? I have always thought this was taken for some funny event, because of the outfits they were wearing. Someone help me out here please, and tell me they thought the same. :)

How could anyone be taken seriously dressed like this, and with expressions like this on their faces?

3. Cookie

Cookie Member

Not

Not kidding. At the time I was shooting photos for the Motherhood book and exhibition, I instructed each client to make their own decision on their apparel. In walked the RAMS family with full makeup and pagaent-like clothing. It just surprised me at that time.

4. Little

Little Member

I thought it was odd Ella, and I'm glad that Cookie gave us some insight into this. Cookie is an extraordinary talent, and also a good sport I would think to have a "whatever" thought about their choices and just soldier on to create a stunning piece of work from it.

Truthfully, their look and stance has a sort of Adams Family flavor to it. I thought maybe that's what they were going for.

Did they ever tell you what their thoughts were Cookie?

Little

5. Cookie

Cookie Member

I Just

My technique in studio photography is to record on film what is happening right before my eyes. I shoot alot of film during a session, usually 3-4 rolls of film (100-130 images). I don't wait to pose my subjects. I simply ask them to sit or stand, if they prefer. Then away I go...........

6. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I've always thought it to be a dramatic, for lack of a better word on my part, sort of picture. In the picture, to me, all but Burke look serious and attentive.

7. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Adams family flavor.

Hahaha, it does! I was thinking Quaker (?), like with shovels, but missing a man and a shovel. But they are dressed in the picture projecting their upper classdom, to me.

8. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

I always thought that picture was meant to be in the flavor of the old daguerrotypes - something from the Victorian era when the subjects all stood very stiffly and were usually posed in their "Sunday go to meetin' clothes".

It is a wonderful study, but I agree with you that Burke is a little "off", as usual. He missed the mark...should have been standing rigidly with his arms stifflly by his sides. Poor little fella.. He never could quite cut it, could he?

It could almost be a woman's suffrage poster or something....

9. Cookie

Cookie Member

Very Interesting!

It's interesting to hear all your viewpoints from 1 photo. I was kind of going for the American Gothic look. Unlike in the painting where the husband and wife were holding a pitchfork, they all should have had tierras on holding a baseball bat, golf club and/or a garrote.

As for Doc's book, I will change my reply from "I don't know" to "I can't say at this time."

10. Elle

Elle Member

I must admit I envy Cookie's ability with her camera, and I can almost see her look of surprise as the Ramsey group trooped in to have this photo taken, when she saw what they were wearing. I can't imagine any woman wearing a blouse like Patsy's and feeling well dressed in it. To me, it looks as if it was wired up by the FBI

As I look at Nedra Paugh's stern face, I am thinking I am so glad this woman wasn't in my life, and I don't think Patsy had a natural happy childhood with Nedra.

Nedra and JonBenét have a haughty look on their faces. Burke looks as if he's just putting up with what's going on. Patsy looks the least rehearsed of all of them, and her natural look doesn't go with the FBI wired outfit she's wearing.

11. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Cookie, if you're still reading, I was looking at the picture and there is something odd about JonBenet's "salute" hand. I know we're all tired of scrutinizing every tiny detail, but this one just bugs me because I can't figure it out.

I honestly don't know what she's got on that hand, but it's kind of like a she had a rubber band around it right at the knuckles where her fingers meet her palm...something like that, but it looks to have a metallic finish. I don't think this is a shadow, but just wondered if you noticed or know what it is, Cookie.

We understand you have to have discretion about Tom's book, as well. No problem. If we're anything, we're patient. We wouldn't be here still if we weren't.

12. Cookie

Cookie Member

Very Observant, KK

I went back to my files and zoomed in on that right hand. It is a pinky ring that JB was wearing that day. I know there is another close up shot of JB with her right hand over half her face. I'll try to look for it.

13. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

I don't see anything odd in this picture. They look like they are trying to ham it up. JonBenet has an expression that shows up in other photos that looks a little sexualized. She was an accomplished poser. Patsy looks yummy, she looks comfortable and appears to be taking the shot in good humor. Her dress makes her look like she is playing dress up, and I think she was, and she was having fun with it. Many of the pictures of Patsy that I've seen are like this one; a bit over the top, showy with taste taking second place to "feeling".

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  14. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Thanks, Cookie. I had looked at it again an realized it must be a pinky ring. But it looks a bit large, and the way her thumb is crooked lines up with the ring and at first I thought that indicated she had something around her whole hand, so that's what threw me off. Thanks so much for looking at that for us.

That's not the ring she had on when she was murdered, is it? I know the ring found on her at death was on another finger, at any rate.

15. heymom

heymom Member

I think Nedra looks positively malevolent in this picture.

16. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I gotta agree.

Nedra has a really mean expression on her face and it looks like she didn't have to "pose" for it!

She seemed to always have that stern and mean look about her

17. heymom

heymom Member

What a cold stare

Yeah, she's not the warm, welcoming, "Grannie" type, is she??? She gets the message across with that expression. Yikes. Not the cookie-baking, story-reading type, I don't think.

Funny, I am sitting here looking at photos of my own grandmother (mother's side) and my mother. My grandmother knew her share of misery and difficulty, and yet she doesn't have that hardness of expression. My mother, as well. I think our approach to life is reflected in our faces...which is what photographers are after, in the end....you can only fake it for so long, and what happens once the mask is dropped is truth.

18. Paradox

I think Nedra was the source for what eventually was done to JonBenet. But I don't pretend to see malevolence in this picture.

However. I wouldn't want to be Cookie and find out what Ned was thinking.

19. sue

sue Member

I also noticed the 'come hither' look on JB's face. That is not an expression I think a child would normally make - as someone else posted, she slipped into her 'pose'. Patsy and her mom are a bit over the top - overly dramatic.

The other thing I really noticed about the picture is how very tiny JB is compared to Patsy. It obviously would take very little to hurt that child because she is so small and fragile looking compared to her mom.

20. Paradox

Notice the rough weave in Patsy's hat, it's a panama.

Panama Hat merchants since 1985
    in the historic heart of old St. Augustine, Florida

Home | Contact Us

We're known for our finely woven, hand-made Panama Hats. Regular weaves up to very hard-to-find Panama Hats in "fino-fino extra fino" and "super fino" weaves. But we also carry hats for active outdoor wear:

Tilley Hats (Canada)
    Tula Hats (Mexico)
    B.C. Hats (Australia)
    Henschel Hats (U.S.A.)
    Shady Brady Western Hats ( U.S.A.)
    STETSON ( U.S.A.)
    Kangol Hats (U.K.)

We believe the only way to buy a quality hat is to visit our store, try on various styles and get a good fit. Consequently, we do not sell over the web or by phone. We encourage you to visit us next time you come to north Florida.
    Products
    Panama Hats (regular weaves)
    Fino Panama Hats (Fine weaves)
    Tula Hats
    Tilley Hats
    Henschel Hats
    Shady Brady Western Hats
    B.C. Australian Hats
    Kangol Hats
    Borsalino Hats

Contact Information

Phone: (904) 829-0032
    (800) 717-1797
    E-Mail: Hats@PerfectPanamas.com
    Fax: (904)797-0282
    Mail: 46 St. George Street
    St. Augustine, FL 32084
    Visit Us (click here)
    Sometimes people mistakenly call a Panama Hat a "Panama Jack hat." They are not the same. A Panama Hat is hand-made with a special straw that only grows in a few areas of Latin America. The other type of hat is any hat with a label, Panama Jack, placed there by the seller whose main product is a good quality sun tan lotion. Read more about Panama Hats.

Ladies' hats

Men's hats

Photos didn't transfer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice