New look at JBR case - Stan Garnett replaces Boulder DA Mary Lacy

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Dec 26, 2008.

1. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Mary, Mary, dumb and scary
    Oughta go to electric chair-y!

2. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I think it would be a shrewd move on the part of the new DA to return the case to the BPD. The Ramsey case is a political hot potato IMO.

3. rashomon

rashomon Member

Legal question: could the DA also decide to hand the case over to the FBI?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  4. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

That is so wonderful that I think it is probably too much to hope for, but that would be a refreshing start and for lack of a better word, a rebirth of sorts to this now 12 year old crime.

If only...

5. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Notice not one word about the ransom note from Lacy--the "only real evidence in the case" said her predecessor Alex Hunter. That is a stupid woman. A STUPID WOMAN!! Hee hee.

6. Elle

Elle Member

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by rashomon [​IMG]
    Legal question: could the DA also decide to hand the case over to the FBI?
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This would be fantastic if the FBI were included. More than likely, we'll see a documentary about how this is going to be dealt with.

7. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

No kidding. Mary Lacy NEVER mentions the ransom note. It's the smoking gun that blows a hole in her intruder theory AND her worthless "exhoneration."

I love the following quote from Scott Robinson. It should be broadcast on EVERY news media worldwide.

"Scott Robinson, a Denver defense attorney who has followed the case, said Lacy’s decision to exonerate the Ramsey family — right or wrong — was a mostly symbolic act."

I repeat - Lacy's decision to exonerate the Ramseys WAS A MOSTLY SYMBOLIC ACT.

It is not legally binding, nor is it the last word. It is not a definitive scientific statement, nor is based on the evidence. It is merely Lacy's opinion based on flawed thinking and a biased outlook. IT MEANS NOTHING, and yet it is repeated in news article after news article.

As I have said before, Mary Lacy's attempt to "exhonerate" the Ramseys is both pathetic and outrageous. She had no legal standing to do it, and as a lawyer and a sitting DA, she should have known that. But then, Mary Lacy was never one to harbor any critical thinking skills, logic, or competent knowledge of the law. I don't believe I have ever seen a more inept and willfully stupid person who actually held a law degree. How she ever passed the bar exam is beyond me. The only thing I can think of is maybe she did it on her back. I've seen more functioning brain cells in a chia pet.

Attached Files:

8. Barbara

Cherokee wrote:

:floor:

Oh please tell me you are kidding!

9. Barbara

Just a tidbit

My son in law recently paid a visit to his good friend ( someone who I used to work with here in NYC ) and had since moved to Denver. He works in law enforcement, although not as a police officer. I asked him to ask what the Denver folks in LE thought about this case.

The answer I got was that LE in Denver held little hope for the solving of this case, were pretty much resolved that the PARENTS GOT AWAY WITH IT!

It's not Boulder, but at least we are not alone, even in Law Enforcement world

10. Cherokee

Actually, I'm half serious. I sincerely cannot believe someone as stupid and bereft of logic as Mary Lacy could (1) get a law degree, and (2) pass the bar.

Maybe she was more intelligent when she was younger. Maybe she has early dementia or Alzheimer's. I cannot believe she is dumb enough to believe the rantings of Lou Smit and his bumbling sidekicks, Ollie Gray and John San Augustin, PLUS get involved with Michael Tracey's lurid one-man circus of John Mark Karr. ANYONE who has a smattering of real knowledge about the Ramsey case would not have fallen for any of their ludicrous scenarios. That tells me Mary Lacy has NEVER read the Ramsey case files, and has only relied on Smit & Tracey to tell her what to believe.

Oh, and Lacy has also relied on her SUBJECTIVE "sense" of whether the Ramseys could be guilty, instead of the OBJECTIVE facts. She goes on and on about how there was no prior pathology and the Ramseys aren't "crazy."

Well, guess what? There are lots of children who are killed by parents with no prior pathology, and they don't give off vibes of being "crazy." Look at Scott Peterson. He almost got away with the murder of his wife and child. He had no prior pathology, and he certainly didn't act "crazy."

Lacy is also not considering the fact that JonBenet could have died as the result of a "horrific domestic accident," as Dr. Henry Lee said. It could have been exactly as Patsy stated; they "didn't mean" for it to happen. There are scenarios (that fit the known evidence) that posit JonBenet's fatal head wound as being accidental. The Ramseys did not have to be raging maniacs for that to happen.

Furthermore, Lacy COMPLETELY ignores the fact that everything in the Ramsey crime scene was STAGED. If a crime scene is staged, then it is trying to point away from what actually happened, so you cannot interpret the staging literally, or trust that it depicts the truth of events that took place.

Lacy also completely ignores the Ramsey ransom note. She NEVER mentions it and acts like it doesn't exist. With her tunnel vision and anxious efforts to exhonerate the Ramseys, Lacy pretends the ransom note has no bearing on the case, but it was supposedly left by the killer! How can she ignore such important evidence?

As Lacy should know, you CANNOT base your opinion of a case on your subjective feelings, but you must base it on the weight of objective evidence. Lacy has not only lost all semblance of objectivity and rational thought about the Ramsey case, she does not even pretend to hide it, going so far as to befriend the Ramseys, make a laughing stock of herself over John Mark Karr, and issue a worthless "exhoneration."

Mary Lacy's obsession with the Ramsey case was never about solving it, but always about ABSOLVING the Ramseys.

11. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

All I have read about Lacy OUTSIDE of the Ramsey case has proven to me the woman is an ego-maniac. She so callously attacked and undermined the local nurses trained in and volunteering to perform sexual assault kits, the whole damn organization went down the tubes. She totally mishandled the rape accusations againt the U of Co football team, making that another disaster for the state, not to mention THE VICTIMS. She not only went to bat for a DOUBLE MURDERER, citing his tender years and rehabilitation in the few years he served as a juvenile, she didn't object when he BROKE HIS PAROLE within three months and was AGAIN given "another chance".

Did I mention how it took being publicly raked over the coals by BILL O'REILLY to get her to even arrest the MIDYETTES six months later? The Midyettes beat their NEWBORN so brutally the baby had 27 fractures and BRAIN DAMAGE. That would be compliments of Alex Midyette, who not only hasn't yet come to trial, but WHO HAS BEEN OUT ON BAIL the whole time?

Have I even covered the tip of the Lacy iceberg?

You know, I realize I'm actually GLAD for the John PERV Karr mess. Lacy was exposed for the PATHETIC excuse for a DA she is. And she only piled on to that LEGACY with her continuing "No comment on the JB case--except to tell the world how I've found ANOTHER way to shill for the Ramseys!"

Now, if Lacy will only arrest PERV Karr AGAIN! That would be just PERFECT as the ending to her REIGN as Boulder Queen...I mean...DA and head of Team Ramsey for 8 years. The RST has set it up for her...will she go for it?

12. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Interesting, Barbara. Thanks to your SIL from us.

13. Cherokee

I've heard that from other law enforcement as well. In fact, everyone I've talked to in LE thinks the Ramseys got away with it. Other people have told me they have talked to friends and relatives in LE, and THEY think the Ramseys got away with it. That's the general consensus.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice