New: NE on 911 call.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by LurkerXIV, Jul 24, 2003.

1. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Thanks to Rickamorti of Purg for transcribing, and giving permission to carry to other forums.

Labs Battle Over 911 Call Evidence in JonBenet Murder

Did parents lie to cops when they said brother Burke was fast asleep?

by Don Gentile

word for word

Six years after the death of little Jonbenet Ramsey, a tape of the 911 call made by her mother to report the little girl missing has been made public- setting off yet another controversy in the still- unsolved murder case.

Police say the tape contains a brief conversation between John Ramsey and Jonbenet's brother Burke that was recorded when Patsy Ramsey made the call from the family's Boulder, Colo., home at 5:52 a.m. on Dec. 26, 1996.

If Burke's voice is actually on the tape, then the recordings may prove the Ramseys lied when they told authorities at first that Burke was asleep during the call.

Now the Ramseys and their attorney Lin Wood dispute Boulder cops' assertions that the voices are there.

Two audio firms hired by NBC- which first aired the 911 call on its Today and Dateline shows- agree with the Ramseys. However, the renowned high-tech company that enhanced the tape for the Boulder police says its original findings that Burke's voice is on the tape is correct.

"We stand by our work," Linda Brill, spokesperson for The Aerospace Corporation of El Segundo, Calif., told the Enquirer.

The company maintains a division of a Department of Justice - funded institute that offers space-age expertise to police departments nationwide.

"We are top shelf," said Brill. The NE broke the story about the 911 call in a world exclusive published in our Sept.1, 1998, edition.

We revealed that in the weeks following Jonbenet's murder, detectives listening to the 911 tape thought they could here background conversation at the end of the call after Patsy failed to hang up the phone properly.

Boulder Detective Melissa Hickman took the tape to the Aerospace Corporation for enhancement. There, experts enhanced the tape.

At first they heard Patsy saying "Help me, Jesus, help me, Jesus," and Burke saying, "Please, what do I do?" according to a source. After further analysis, they heard three distinct voices, then gave the enhanced recording to Det. Hickman.

"Hickman heard John Ramsey say, "We're not speaking to you," in what sounded like a very angry voice," the source said. "Patsy then says, "Help me Jesus, help me Jesus," and finally Burke is clearly heard to say "Well what did you find?" with an emphasis on the word "did."

Wood obtained copies of the call on tape and compact disc from Boulder District Mary Keenan for a civil lawsuit brought against the Ramseys. He shared them with NBC, who then had them enhanced by Legal Audio of New York and Team Audio of Toledo, Ohio. The companies told the NE they couldn't hear any of the controversial dialogue.

But a technician at Legal Audio, who did not want his name used, admitted, "There is what I perceived to be a male voice that is so buried in noise, you can't tell."

The NE learned that Detective Hickman returned to Bolder for Aerospace with two tapes: one, the original tape she brought for analysis, and an enchanced version.

The enhanced version has not been released and is still evidence in the case.

Lin Wood charged that reports of a conversation between Burke and John Ramsey were "based on a lie," telling NE "If Aerospace Corporation stands behinds its work, it should immediately release all details."

OK TO COPY

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Thanks, Lurker

I just got home with the tabs and was going to post this. I'm glad you did it, LOL, I've got groceries to put away.

Aerospace:

"We stand by our work..."

"We are top shelf."

A tech at Legal Audio said, "there is what I perceived to be a male voice that is so buried in noice, you can't tell."

*Right. That's because Aerospace's equipment is better, no doubt.

Lin Wood says "If Aerospace Corp swtands behind its work, it should immeidately release all details."

*Read my lips, Limpwood, it's not Aerospace's place to release their work - in fact, it would be unethical for them to release it. Give it a break, already.

BTW, page 8 of the ENQUIRER has a picture - I'm going to try to scan it and send it to Moab. It made chills go up my spine. The little girl looks just like JBR and the mother looks just like Patsy.

3. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Mr. Wood should have supoened Aerospace records before going in front of the whole world and calling the BPD liars.

4. Twitch

Twitch Active Member

Thanks for the post

I just emailed Katie Couric a copy of this page.

5. Watching You

I just want to say something here

I think many posters are forgetting that Lin Wood has no authority to subpoena anything at this point. The Ramseys have not been charged with anything. If they were, Wood probably would not be their lawyer because he's a civil lawyer and they would need criminal lawyers.

He doesn't have the power to subpoena records when there are no clients who have been charged and he is not entitled to discovery items. That's like saying any attorney could subpoena any records for any case just because he wanted the evidence, but they would not be entitled to have that evidence any more than you and I are entitled to have that evidence.

Keenan gave Wood that tape and CD, something she might be regretting right now. She gave him the un-enhanced version of the tape. That is obvious because he had to go to two different labs to try and have the tape enhanced. He wouldn't have had to do that if he had the enhanced version. Keenan should not have released the tape to Wood, she had no legal obligation to do so, but Wood threatened her wimpy self and she caved.

I doubt Aerospace kept a copy of the enhanced tape, but if they did, Lin Wood has no real legal authority to demand they turn it over to him. As I said, his clients are not defendents in a criminal case and he has no right to discovery evidence. What Wood is is an activist for the Ramseys.

6. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Remember you can't SUE FOR TELLING THE TRUTH.

"But a technician at Legal Audio, who did not want his name used, admitted, "There is what I perceived to be a male voice that is so buried in noise, you can't tell."

So Legal Audio sounds like they did their friend Wood a favor.

I bet this is what 48 Hours found too.

Lin Wood can go to Hell. You can't tell me he didn't know about the enhanced tape.

"We stand by our work," Linda Brill, spokesperson for The Aerospace Corporation of El Segundo, Calif., told the Enquirer."

"We are top shelf," said Brill."

Read between the lines. Do you think a spokesperson would come out and say anything if the cops were lying? If the cops made up the story? No Aerospace would be quiet and issue a "No Comment."

The question that we need to ask Keenan is why not release the enhanced version?

This is HUGE you guys. Lin Wood has been caught in a lie.

Even Wood's good, close. personal :skank: says she can hear something at the end of the CD.

Lin Wood is still the poor boy that everyone talks about behind his back. His father killed his own mother with his bare hands and Wood did would he could to help with his fathers defense. It doesn't matter how many race horses or fancy cars he buys he still has no class.

You know what they say. You can tell a person by the company he keeps.
    (edited because I wrote in anger)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2003
  7. Tricia

I've been thinking. Perhaps I have been too hard on Wood.

He must have had a traumatic childhood. Rather than call him names perhaps we should do something nice for him. Show him we care.

I think, on behalf of Forums For Justice, we will buy Lin Wood a subscription to The National Enquirer.

Perhaps if Mr. Wood would read the Enquirer before he goes and opens his flapping yap he would realize he is making a fool of himself.

Long ago The Enquirer reported on the 911 tape. Now The Enquirer has gotten someone who works at one of the labs Wood took the tape to to admit there is a male voice on the tape.

Yes I think, out of the goodness of our hearts, we should buy Leroy Lincoln Wood his own National Enquirer subscrsiption.

Let's call it an early Christmas shall we?

Tricia

8. Tez

Tez Member

Tricia.....

You are so right about being able to tell a lot about a person by the company he or she keeps. Woody, IMO has three strikes, the Ramseys, Condit, and the Skank. What a group of flipping losers.

WY, thanks for bringing the article over here for us to read. Very interesting stuff in there. Boy, I bet Woody is wishing the skank would have just kept her mouth shut about hearing something at the end of the CD. No wonder 48 Hours didn't air their special. Even though I am still pithed at them over the Erin Moroniaty interview, at least they had the good sense not to give Woody another free hour of advertising.

Wish Couric would have had some sense also.

A program with equal and balanced time to both sides of the issue on one of the major networks would be nice. I know that is too much to hope for, but I can dream can't I?

9. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

I have worked with Aerospace and I think "top shelf" is a good description of their abilities in what they do. I seriously doubt that they are affraid of the ambalance chaser!! And, BTW, I believe they did keep a copy of the enhanced tape.

10. Tez

Tez Member

Tricia....

I think that is a fine idea. He will really love FFJ for that! I am sure you will be on the Christmas card list for years to come! LOL

Shadow, thanks for your insight. I bet they did keep a copy themselves also. Just in case any questions were asked later on!

Tricia, do you think we should get him a sub to the Globe also? Or do you think the NE is enough?

11. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

You are right WY. I was being flip and didn't think my post through.

Wood had the opportunity and the means ($) to take his copy to Aerospace before opening his mouth and he chose not to do so. Lack of interest or flat out lie? He just burned his clients either way. JMH&CPO.

12. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

I meant to say that you are absolutely right WY... that was an excellent synopsis of the situation Linwood-wise!

As far as the enhanced tape is concerned - I worked for two major (BIG-TIME) government contractors and I have little doubt that they would have kept something (probably a copy of the enhanced tape) to cover-their-a**** if something went wrong. Whatever they kept would be locked away in a TS facility with limited access.

13. Tricia

Shadow I think you are correct. No way would Aerospace not have a copy in a vault just in case Mr. Ambulance Chaser decided to sue.

He won't. He can't. Can't sue for the truth.

14. Tricia

OK I am bumping this thread because BobC keeps bumping up the wrong one.

BobC is getting a bit uppity in his old age.

15. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Actually, Shadow is right. Government contractors call this a "gold set" and it's kept in a highly secure, fire proof safe in the "tank" or security vault. They would have kept a master copy of the original tape and an original copy of the enhanced tape.

16. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Wood is Ashes!

Lin Wood has been unmasked as a total fraud with this 911 Tape Caper. A few complaints to the Georgia Bar Association would not be untoward.

17. Little

Little Member

That's a relief! And maybe the reason the original is still around. If someone didn't know there was a backup they may have become careless with their copy.

Little

18. Watching You

All right, put down your weapons

I'm coming out with my hands up. You're right. I concede. That wasn't one of my brighter moments:p . I was thinking there wouldn't really be any reason for them to keep a copy of the tape, but upon further reflection, they would do that if for no other reason than to keep the original enhancement pure. IOW, there could be no question that the BPD did not fiddle with that enhancement if Aerospace had a copy that matched theirs, right?

Right.

19. Ayeka

Ayeka Member

Hot diggity d@mn

Given the credibility of this lab and that of Wood, I think I choose to believe Aerospace, thankyouverymuch.

Ayeka

20. imon128

imon128 Banned

Opinion?

I posted this on another forum, and thought I'd throw it out here, too, to see what you guys might think about it.

What if Patsy stayed right by the phone, took her pointer finger and quickly, TOO quickly, depressed the 'thing' on the phone to truncate the call, (but didn't really) and with her OTHER hand that was holding the receiver, put the receiver on her shoulder with the mouthpiece depressed into her sweater, thus cutting off the ability to hear clearly what she said?

Geez, imon, what a long sentence, phew!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice