News Flash...Ramsey's on CNN Wednesday on Larry King Live

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by purr, May 10, 2004.

1. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Jayelles,

Hey!! Hows everything!! BTW- Did you come up for the wedding yet??

I agree, this business with not answering questions because he doesn't think it's necessary is total crap! The response he gave the reporter in the Aurora Video was just unheard of, he almost set him on fire with that glare! His veins at the side of his head were throbbing!! He doesn't want people to accuse him of murder but he want's to be associated as being JonBenet's father, the problem with this (In My Opinion) is his status as one of two suspects that have yet to be ruled out; John's been ruled out as the ransom note author but couldn't use that because it would draw too much attention to the fact that his wife has yet to be ruled out, even by their own handwriting analysts.

Ranting again, sorry!!

2. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

"..it is easy to see that John Ramsey has the kind of name recognition that could give him considerable political clout, but privately several people told us here that when they hear his name they're suspicious and would not vote for him.

JUDY WOODRUFF'S INSIDE POLITICS
    http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0405/11/ip.00.html
    Antonio Taguba Testifies Before Senate Armed Services Committee; Interview With Senator John Cornyn, Senator Mark Pryor; Campaign Themes: Kerry's Challenge

Aired May 11, 2004 - 15:30 ET

"ANNOUNCER: Remember this man? More than seven years after his daughter, JonBenet, was killed, John Ramsey is set to open a new chapter of his life in politics"

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

WOODRUFF: John Ramsey, the father of the slain child beauty queen, JonBenet Ramsey, is expected to announce later today that he is running for the Michigan State legislature. Our Chris Lawrence is following this story in Charlevoix, Michigan.

Hello, Chris.

CHRIS LAWRENCE, CNN CORRESPONDENT: Well, Judy, JonBenet Ramsey actually won a beauty pageant right here in the town where her parents now live and where John Ramsey is launching his run for a seat in the Michigan House of Representatives.

He'll make the announcement right behind me in a couple of hours, but he's already filed the paperwork to run in the Republican primary. And when we caught up with him earlier this morning, already looked every bit the politician.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Some way, somehow, we'll have to put these insurance companies in check.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

LAWRENCE: It seems whether running for head of the PTA or president, it seems every politician ends up in a diner. And that's where John and Patsy Ramsey start their day, listening to neighbors talk about the cost of insurance, new jobs, state spending. Later, they attended a memorial service for a police officer, and he's been meeting with local party leaders to get a handle on his first run for office.

It's a very public profile for a man who's shunned this kind of attention for years after his daughter's death. But Ramsey told me today it was tragedy that led him to this point.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

JOHN RAMSEY, RUNNING FOR OFFICE: What are we supposed to do with the rest of our lives here? And all of a sudden, selling computers didn't look all that important. And a lot of people reached out to us with compassion that we didn't know, but it opened our eyes to the fact that a lot of people are struggling, a lot of people are carrying burdens.

And it really changed our hearts. You know, we wanted to make a difference.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

LAWRENCE: The ramseys still talk about their daughter, JonBenet, who was murdered in 1996. At one point, the Boulder Colorado police chief placed both parents under what he called an umbrella of suspicion, but no charges were filed. And last year, a federal judge said evidence pointed to the possibility an intruder killed JonBenet.

Back here now live, it is easy to see that John Ramsey has the kind of name recognition that could give him considerable political clout, but privately several people told us here that when they hear his name they're suspicious and would not vote for him. It seems in this corner of northern Michigan, he has the kind of fame that cuts both ways -- Judy.

WOODRUFF: All right. Chris Lawrence, thanks very much. And I know we're going to be watching that race all of the way to the end. Thank you very much.

And a program note. John and Patsy Ramsey will be the guests on tomorrow' night's edition of "LARRY KING LIVE." That's at 9:00 Eastern here on CNN.

3. Niner

Niner Active Member

I heard it LOUD and CLEAR, Trisha!

hmm.... Listen... Listen carefully....

and yeah right... not doing this for money... :curse:

NOT doing it to be on televsion... ah huh? ::shocked2 but YOU ARE on TV!! :no: "We've had enough of that" - ah huh... NOT!! Patsy looks all happy to be on TV!! :curtsey:

more on this interview... :justice:

4. Niner

Niner Active Member

I'm sorry - but MY relegion does NOT say anything like she just said in that last sentence.... :yow: there will be tribulation and people will revile you and slander you... ??

is it just me... :wtf:

5. Niner

Niner Active Member

Watching You! on your post #66 -- you say exhume his body (Helgoth) and do DNA testing.

well, according to Spade that was already done and it is NOT a match! :did:

wanted to say that, just in case no one said it before me - from a Daily Camera article he posted.

6. VP

VP Member

Not possible

They cremated him!

7. Niner

Niner Active Member

I believe the DNA came from his boots - I believe I read that 'somewhere'!! :verdict:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice