O...Cookie!?!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by imon128, May 8, 2002.

1. fr brown

fr brown Member

That's right. I didn't know the vacation was in Texas.

RE: Big Red Boat. DOI only says this:

"In addition to those tasks [wrapping all the presents for the Michigan trip], Patsy was packing summer clothes and bathing suits in suitcases laid out on the bed in John Andrew's bedroom. We had booked tickets on Disney's Big Red Boat in Florida upon our return from Charlevoix. The trip would last from December 29 through New Year's, a great way to celebrate Patsy's fortieth birthday and the New Year. Burke and JonBenet were very excited about the trip. We had never been on a cruise and thought that being with Mickey Mouse and Company should be great family fun. [SNORT!--ed.]

Patsy was always juggling several balls at once. That day she was even preparing ahead for a pageant that she and JonBenet were to attend the first week of January...." p. 5-6

The above, of course, is "John" speaking. "Patsy" is noticeably silent on how much fun this trip was going to be.

I'm exhausted just reading about it. John, of course, doesn't have anything to do except go and spend some quality time with his airplane.

2. fr brown

fr brown Member

Does anybody know when the Ramseys were scheduled to fly back to Boulder from Michigan?

Packing, packing, packing is a leitmotif in Patsy's interviews, at least the one in '98. The suitcases she was packing on Christmas were actually for the Big Red Boat cruise, not to take to Michigan.

I'm wondering if all this early packing was really necessary or if something else was going on.

3. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Well, they did not have a commercial flight scheduled, I don't believe. So they were going to fly on JR's private plane. With the trip planned during the 1-week-10 day Christmas- New Year's school break, and with Patsy's 40th birthday celebration planned for the Disney cruise, I think we can assume they would have spent no more than 2-3 days at most in Charlevoix.

4. fr brown

fr brown Member

I think I read in Patsy's interview that the cruise would start on her birthday, Dec. 29. Factor in a day to fly TWA to Orlando from Denver via St. Louis (which they were doing, by the way, because John Ramsey got a better deal if they changed planes in St. Louis--and he made the call to Disney himself, Mr. I-don't-like-to-talk-on-the-phone). I can't help but wonder if the $118,000.00 bonus came up occasionally when the Ramseys discussed this trip.

I don't know if the stress could have induced a panic attack in Patsy. Apparently panic attacks can cause violent behavior. Certainly John's response when he's asked about Patsy, panic attacks and Xanax is very odd. A couple of times he doesn't answer the question. And I think that Kane is talking about pre-murder panic attacks because John makes it clear that Patsy didn't take Xanax after the murder.

5. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I am sure that Patsy's "panic attacks" were really temper outbursts. Klonopin
    was also found in the home. It is also used as an anti-anxiety drug. Some in Patsy's circle were also very familiar with her temper outbursts.

6. fr brown

fr brown Member

I thought Klonopin was after the murder.

Can you say more about temper outbursts?

7. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I had read Klonopin was among drugs found in the home. It wasn't specific as to when it was taken. As far as Patsy's temper outbursts, the housekeepers witnessed them, and I believe some of Patsy's friends were aware of how quickly she could flare up.

8. Elle

Elle Member

Hi DeeDee, I'm just sounding off here and putting my ten cents in! :)

All I know from my past research is this, I'm amazed a CEO like John Ramsey could actually keep up the pace with his Beauty Queen wife. Personally I think he had taken on a young wife without thinking of the consequences. Good grief, if the house wasn't on show during Christmas time, there were beauty pageants to attend for their young daughter JonBenét. Truthfully, I don't think John Ramsey was all that enthralled. He didn't know what he had let himself in for(?). Who in their right mind would go through all these two people went through during the Christmas of 1996.

There are umpteen web sites on the net, giving all the same boring history of their lives
    http://www.justicejunction.com/innocence_lost_jonbenet_ramsey_perfect_family.htm who could blame John Ramsey for escaping this scene and going out with other young women ?. I think Patsy Ramsey would have driven any man up the wall with her lifestyle.

I think Linda Hoffman Pugh is one of the most important witnesses in this case. She knew Patsy Ramsey better than anyone. She also knew JonBenét could be a little snot, giving orders to her not to answer the door, she would do it.

To me their lifestyle was too hectic and I think it came to a head on Christmas night 1996 and JonBenét's death was the end result. Patsy Ramsey lost her temper that night with JonBenét for whatever reason, a soiled bed; an argument with Burke; being rebellious; whatever(?). She lost it and she is the one responsible for her daughter's death. No one can change my mind on this! John Ramsey had the clout to influence the right people to take care of the whole Shebang, and Patsy never spent one day behind bars and neither did he. It's all in the money folks! How much can you pay, folks. I know So-and-so can fix this; especially in Boulder!

John Ramsey managed to keep his wife Patsy out of jail, allowing her to spend the last days with her family. Not a jail! I doubt John Ramsey will ever spend one minute in any jail either!(?). The fact Patsy Ramsey lost her life, I feel she has paid her dues for the death of her young daughter JonBenét Ramsey.

9. Karen

Karen Member

Valium is what Dr. Beuf prescribed for her immediately afterwards. It seems like she said in DOI the docs took her off it because they didn't want her to become dependent on it. They told her to take Benedryl for sleep. Remember the quote, "Hot pink insides" from her book? Benedryl is hot pink in color and she was saying her insides were probably all hot pink from the amount of Benedryl she took. I have heard about other drugs she was suposedly taking before the murder but only on the internet. In one of her police interviews she says she was taking nothing at all at the time and not even hormones after her hysterectomy. Please keep in mind this is in DOI. DeeDee where have you read there was Klonopin found in the home at the time of the murder?

10. Karen

Karen Member

There was someone on the Websleuths board that posted about witnessing one of Patsys melt downs. I forget who is was now but it was back when they were living in that condo or apartment in Atlanta while thier house was being worked on. This person worked in the office of the complex and Patsy came in absolutely furious one day because a UPS package had not been delivered to her door and she had to come in and retrieve it. She said her demeanor was downright scary. She totally gave a dressing down to one of the women that worked there and she said her face was all contorted and red and she was shouting and out of control. I would not have liked to witness that firsthand like she did.

Gee I really miss posting with all of you and I hate that this case is at a standstill. I hope all of you are happy and well!

11. fr brown

fr brown Member

They took a potpourri of drugs afterwards: Prozac, Paxil, Klonopin, Ativan. John and Patsy list them in their interviews. in '98 Kane establishes that Xanax wasn't one of these here:

21 MIKE KANE: Any other medications along
    22 that line that she's taking?

23 JOHN RAMSEY: No, I don't think --

24 MIKE KANE: Not now?

25 JOHN RAMSEY: Well, earlier on, we also
    1 took, it was like, I could never have been a
    2 doctor.

3 MIKE KANE: Xanax?

4 JOHN RAMSEY: No. Klonopin.

5 MIKE KANE: Klonopin?

6 JOHN RAMSEY: Klonopin. And that was kind
    7 of on an as needed basis for a while. It was kind
    8 of a quick, picker upper, I guess.

9 MIKE KANE: Prior to this, had she ever
    10 been on any medication, I mean, would you know
    11 that?

12 JOHN RAMSEY: Yeah, yeah. She was very
    13 healthy?

14 MIKE KANE: Has she lost consciousness or
    15 anything?

16 JOHN RAMSEY: No.

17 MIKE KANE: I think you said yesterday
    18 that all those medications (INAUDIBLE) Melinda,
    19 your daughter, is a nurse. You said that at one
    20 point she came in and she cleaned out that kind of
    21 old stuff. When was that?

22 JOHN RAMSEY: Oh, it might have been when
    23 she graduated or close to it, which would have
    24 been '95, '96.

25 MIKE KANE: You know (INAUDIBLE)?

1 JOHN RAMSEY: I mean you go to the doctor
    2 and you get some antibiotics and you don't take
    3 the whole bottle because you start feeling better
    4 and you quit taking them. We had (INAUDIBLE) left
    5 around like that.

Then Kane goes on to asks about Patsy taking Xanax for panic attacks so that must have been pre-murder.

4 MIKE KANE: What do you know about
    5 Mrs. Ramsey having panic attacks?

6 JOHN RAMSEY: Um, I don't know
    7 what a panic attack is, I guess, for sure. How
    8 would you -- describe it.

9 MIKE KANE: Just a feeling that you
    10 can't control the moment, overreacting to
    11 something maybe more than would be within a
    12 normal range. Just feeling, I can't handle the
    13 situation.

14 JOHN RAMSEY: She is as stable as
    15 a rock.

16 MIKE KANE: So you have never known
    17 her to have those?

18 JOHN RAMSEY: (No response).

19 MIKE KANE: Never known her to be
    20 treated for those?

21 JOHN RAMSEY: No.

22 MIKE KANE: Never known her to take
    23 any medication for those?

24 JOHN RAMSEY: (Nodding).

25 MIKE KANE: Would it surprise you
    1 to find out that she did?

2 JOHN RAMSEY: Yeah. That would.

3 MIKE KANE: Did you ever hear the
    4 drug Xanax, X-A-N-A-X?

5 JOHN RAMSEY: (No response).

6 MIKE KANE: Ever known Ms. Ramsey
    7 to take that?

8 JOHN RAMSEY: No.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice