On Yon Swamp Forum

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by zapata, Mar 19, 2002.

1. AK

AK Member

Hate to say I told you so, but...

This case was never gonna see a courtroom.

Note to Darnay: Settle and cut your losses.

Me, I'm waiting for the criminal case. That's the only one that matters.

2. Cookie

Cookie Member

My Opinion

There will NEVER be a trial, NOT ANY! I'm sorry to break the news to all of you that still have faith in the Justice System, the RAMS will never go to trial. EVER!

I remember when I was told the predicted outcome of the Grand Jury a year before the Wizard, Alex Hunter, made his announcement. I couldn't and wouldn't believe it for awhile. A lawyer told me this and somehow I thought THIS case was different. After all, an innocent little girl was murdered and destiny certainly was on her side. What a fairy tale!

My hopes for this Justice System is nonexistant. Lawyers, DA's, judges, cops....the corruption is enormous and exists in the smallest of towns to large metropolises (is there a plural for metropolis?). I speak from experience.

I was angry, shocked, depressed when the Wizard made his announcement that beautiful Fall day about the Grand Jury. Yes, folks, the rich eat the poor and it's only getting worse. The RAMS will never have to answer for the murder of their daughter. At least, not in this lifetime.

I'm usually not a naysayer, but the days of Perry Mason are OVER!
    Our last hope for justice is the jury system. Every once in a while you see justice working there.

3. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

I'll Wait...

for the real story to play in the media about any settlement.

Many, many years ago I was sued for $100,000 (that was like a miilion now) and finally "settled" for $500. YEAH $500!!! I have now, and had then, little doubt that I could win the case, but I would have spent much more than the $500 and my lawyer's fee to that point. I was pi**ed, but my lawyer said, "forget it and get on with your life."

So, ST may have settled just to get on with his life.

4. Jeanilou

Jeanilou Member

So, ST may have settled just to get on with his life.....

and if he did, I wish him the best. We are not in ST shoes; we don't know his circumstances. He may have been forced to settle via his publisher. In other words, if the publisher wanted to settle, and ST didn't, then I imagine he would have to battle on by himself, and I cannot imagine that ST would have the funds to do so.

Settling is prob the best thing for all involved as disappointing as it may be. I know how bad we all want the Ramseys in court, under oath, telling their poor, poor me tale to a jury, who will obviously not buy it. How could they once all the deception by the Rams is made known to them?

For whatever it is worth, ST is one of the few "players" in the case that truly wanted justice for JonBenet. Too bad we can't say the same about her parents, the Ramseys, Lin Wood, Lou Smit, John Douglas or Susan Bennett.

5. Cookie

Cookie Member

I don't blame Steve, if indeed he settled. It's better to walk away.

6. zapata

zapata Senior Member

I am wondering

why this story had not hit the press and news media yet? Has anyone called Chuck Green in Denver?

I may call him tomorrow just to see if he can find out anything. I want the truth, not the spin that is posted at the swamp.

Hir maybe laughing out the other side of hir mouth. We don't know that the Ramsey's did not initiate this settlement. When I first heard of the cancers return, I felt they made it public as a good excuse to drop the law suit against Steve.

I have always felt that the Ramsey's filed the lawsuit to save face and never wanted to face Steve Thomas and Daniel Petrocelli in a court of law.

It is my belief that the Ramseys will go to any length to distort the truth.

zap

7. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

If I never hear

one word of explanation from Steve Thomas, I will be forever grateful to him for caring about JBR and hanging in there as long as he did. How many other detectives on a case, that you know of, have ever stuck their necks out like ST did? He saw an injustice and went against City Hall to do something about it. One man against all the corruption in City Hall, against the machinations of the wealthy and connected Ramseys.

Before anyone judges Steve Thomas for looking out for his own financial future and his own life, ask yourself if you would have stayed as true as he did all these years. I don't see this as throwing in the towel. One man can't do it by himself - no one in Boulder gives a crap about this case any more - they just want it to go away. The parents sure as hell don't care about it, since they've done everything in their power to obstruct justice. The JBR forums are the only ones who still care, and a lot of good it's done us. Why on earth anyone would think ST should continue to fight at unbelievable expense to himself, possibly ruining him financially for the rest of his life? Steve has a wife in Germany. I don't know what his personal situation is, but he has the right to a life.

I suspect the settlement was one that Steve's attorneys felt couldn't be turned down. I don't believe for one minute that Steve really wanted to give up, but I do believe he didn't have much choice. It's about economics. It's about dragging a case out for years, wearing one out emotionally and physically. Steve is only a man, not a god. Perhaps some had too high an expectation of him. He did the best he could do. We had no right to ask for more.

In my eyes, Steve Thomas never was a hero, but he is a man who stood by his beliefs at great personal cost to himself, and I respect that. Who else did that in this case? Lou Smit? Yeah, right. Mr. Baby Killer Defender hiimself - the man who did more to destroy the case than anyone, with the exception of Hunter and his merry men.

Bon voyage, Steve. You didn't deserve the crap you got. I wish you joy and happiness for the rest of your life. JonBenet Ramsey could not have asked for a finer champion than you.

8. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

WY

Ya know WY...sometimes you just say it all... and say it well.

You are so right about ST being JonBenet's best champion...it sure wasn't her parents...but her parents will still continue to take potshots at Steve, ie: he was about to be fired; they sued because it ws a matter of principle; and on and on an on.

Steve Thomas still has 100% of his integrity...

9. Watching You

Lin Wood is just

a mouth, Moab, and an arrogant one at that. His statements that the Ramseys have been vindicated is just absurd. The only vindication the Ramseys will ever get is when they are arrested and tried in a criminal court for alleged crimes committed against their daughter and the subsequent coverup that has been going on for five years.

Wood is just silly to think the public is buying ST's settlement with the Ramseys as an admission that he did anything wrong. I don't buy it, and anyone in the public, except for a few little heads, who still gives a damn about this case sure doesn't buy it. All this settlement has done has made the Ramseys look like the money grubbers they really are.

So, who's next on their list? Kill your kid, sue everyone who dares to say it. What a world.

10. Cookie

Cookie Member

Farewell to a Champion

I had the pleasure of knowing Steve. I will continue to have a great deal of respect for him. I applaud his willingness to walk away, which I'm sure he didn't want to do.

How about that picnic you promised?

11. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Steve will make a statement....

...reported by Angel. I hope we get it here first. The Swamp Creature will be whirling like a dervish. Too bad about hir -- she will never be able to bring Steve Thomas down. His reputation for honesty and integrity will stand. The devious, dark, meretricious, Machiavellian Ramseys and their toadying Igor hunchback, Leroy Lincoln Wood and the insane knee-pad-wearing, venal, asskisser Susan Bennett will go down in the annals of crime as child-killers, and defenders of child-killers.

12. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Lurker...

What you said...could not have been said better... or if one were inebriated...LOL

13. purr

purr Active Member

I dont give...............

a damn what it/hir/jameson says!!!

Do we have to bring her chit over here?

I dont go over to hir site on purpose
    If I wanted to know what she said....
    I would go to hir's site!!

I vote no hir reports here!

Dont you know it just pets her selfish ego
    when you quote hir over here???

Why not just provide a link to go there.....
    but dont print that chit over here????

14. Watching You

Sheesh, purr

jameson is part of the Ramsey case, how can we just ignore that? Yes, she is unworthy or our attention, but sometimes it's almost impossible not to discuss events without discussing her part in them.

While I too find the subject of jameson distasteful, to say the least (and I mean the least), I think anyone who really is that offended by it can just avoid this thread. If reading unflattering posts about herself really strokes her ego, she's got more of a problem than I thought.

JMO

15. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Purr

We can't post over yonder, I like being able to have a say without hir controlling the conversation, she can't delete us here.

16. AK

AK Member

Yep...

Until the Ramseys issue a press statement that Jameson is NOT their official spokesperson I think we need to pay close attention to what she says. Mind that I said "pay close attention," not "believe."

I notice she still hasn't apologized to the person she accused so unfairly of planting tab stories. What could be the reason for such a delay? I do hope she called the Ramseys and confessed how wrong she was.

17. Gecko

Gecko Member

Watching you

You really have a way with words,Lurker too.Is she still carrying posts from over here to the swamp in order to 'make conversation'?I have a few opinions,but wouldn't DARE post them!

18. purr

purr Active Member

okay, i hear ya'

i understand......i hear ya'.

purr

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice