Parents of slain girl share their faith

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, Oct 8, 2003.

1. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Patsy has, from just days after the murder, tried to assign some cosmic importance to the death of her daughter. I think it's her way of handling the guilt.

2. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

BobC,

You are so right when you say that it's Patsy's way of helping her with her guilt. she needs to say something and not think about what really happened.

3. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Right Zoomie. I see this whole lecture circuit thing as a way of kinda sorta telling people that something really ugly transpired that night, and that they are sorry, but it happened nonetheless. Note that they weren't ranting and raving that some Al Queda operative raped and killed their baby--they were saying a very ugly event happened and they are trying to understand why. I can't judge them. Life takes us all on some bad turns...

4. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

Long ago the Ramseys said that they would like to "get on with their lives." This probably would have happened if they and their lawyer and supporters had not continued to keep the Ramseys in the public eye... I could understand this if these continuing public appearances were a holy crusade to find the killer of their daughter, but for the most part they appear to be more of an effort to convince the public that they had nothing to do with JBR's death than with finding the killer.

I agree with BobC - instead of ranting and raving about finding the killer of an innocent little six year old girl, they seem to be excusing the killer by by saying JonBenet "fulfilled her purpose, and we hope today we start to fulfill some of the purposes God has for our lives." In other words, "let's put JBR's death behind us and forge ahead."

I'm as religious as the next person (well maybe not), but I would like to know what purpose the brutal slaying of JBR fulfilled for God?

5. Vic

Vic Active Member

gosh, Shadow

It is kind of looking to me like the "greater purpose" in JonBenet's death was to make Patsy (finally) famous and give Sue Bennet a job.

Other than that, I'd say somebody stole a sweet, innocent six year old's life for no good reason and for no larger cause. Just a moment of selfishness and lack of self control.

From my perspective, God's probably pretty mad at Patsy Ramsey - no matter how she keeps trying to suck up to Him.

6. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

Vic!!!!!

That pretty well sums it up.

7. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

There are a lot of things

we don't know or understand about why things happen the way they do. I believe it is true that we each have a life's path to follow right down to the manner in which we die. But, God didn't reach down and swoop JonBenet Ramsey to Heaven - she was sent to Him by her killer. It may have been preordained that way, I don't know. I think we are all here to facilitate our own and others' spiritual growth in some manner.

Sometimes, our lives take another path because of someone else's interference. If someone hadn't killed JB, she might still be walking her own path. Or, maybe not.

It's not up to the Ramseys to decide, though, whether she had fulfilled her purpose on this earth. Looks to me as if not much good has come from her death - her parents have been too busy with their own self-interests to worry about honoring their daughter. Their website was a joke; their foundation was a farce; they have made a mockery of their daughter's murder.

They can say anything they want on this earth. What are they going to say when they meet their maker?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice