Patsy's 49th Birthday

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Elle

Elle Member

Thanks KK! I was a volunteer here locally for A Christian College for 5 years, cataloguing books and helping students with research in many other subjects, and I loved it. So you see the fact it was a Christian College didn't stop me from helping out. :) I had a lot of nice friends there.

2. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

I'm sorry, Elle, I wasn't trying to bring up a touchy subject. It just went all over me for Patsy to claim (yet again) that she's a miracle and trumpet herself (yet again) as a favorite of God. I'm sick of her self-absorbed interpretation of who gets to live and who doesn't.

I think the word that set me off was "important." Patsy just couldn't be here to live out her life like the rest of us ... but what she had to do "down the road" was IMPORTANT. Linguistically, that word stuck out like a sore thumb, and I just got mad enough to say something about it.

I have friends from different religions and friends who believe in none. It saddens me to think that the topic of religion can be so divisive and that wars have been fought over it.

I agree with what troubles you about "religion." It shouldn't be that way. But human beings are flawed, and they will use anything within their reach to rationalize their behavior ... both good and bad.

The way I feel about it is ... you and I don't have to believe the same thing to be friends. And that's the way I feel about everyone here.

3. Elle

Elle Member

Oh Cherokee, think nothing of it. I know you're not like that. Neither am I. I got very upset with what happened recently with Tsunami, and the other tragic situations that happened, and no miracles happened for all those who died. I fully understand what you're saying here. I like you too much to get annoyed with you. :) I know if I met you, we would become instant friends. btw I watched Barbara Walters a few weeks ago interviewing the Dalai Lama, and I liked him. Who knows, Cherokee, I might come back as a Buddhist. :)

You have every right to feel annoyed at Patsy's annoying statement. I'm sick of her self-absorbed interpretations too. We all are! I enjoy your posts Cherokee. When you post, you always have something valuable to say.

4. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Don't you just love the Ramsey's overwhelming talent for rationalization?

"Gee. I caused JonBenet's death, but it wasn't MY fault. It was ...... um, ah, um ...... it was God's! Yeah, that's right! It was His fault. Yeah, that's the ticket. He TOOK her because ...... um, uh ...... because HER TIME WAS UP! Yeah, that's it. We can say she ..... uh ...... she had SERVED HER PURPOSE IN LIFE. Ooooh. That sound good, doesn't it? What a great little soundbite for our speaking engagements. Okay, John, I'm ready for my close up."

5. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

I'm so angered I can barely speak.

6. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Elle

I want to come back as a cat...in a Buddhist Temple.

7. Elle

Elle Member

Sounds good! I never thought about that side of things. I think I would prefer to be a cat too. Siamese Pleese! :)

8. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

I don't wanna come back.

-Tea

9. Tez

Tez Member

According to the Ne (January 23, 2006), Patsy has beaten cancer for the fifth time! She had another powerful experimental drug therapy and it seems to have worked.

A quote from Ms. Patsy, "I'm here by the grace of God--I'm convinced He's saving me for something important down the road." (Here's a clue, the successful prosecution for the murder of your daughter!)

I know I will be slammed over yonder way for my last comment, but that's how I feel and I am not going to apologize for it!

The article is on page 32.

I should have read this whole thread before I made this post, I am sorry for that!

10. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Puzzling

I am puzzled as to why Patsy and her doctors will not reveal their miracle cures to the rest of the world, and save the lives of countless women.

This could be Patsy's contribution to humankind; the purpose for which she has been spared.

Share those medical records, Patsy, so you can advance cancer treatment for millions of people.

11. Tez

Tez Member

You know what Lurker, you have a point. She could actually help someone.

12. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

What a depressing thought that is!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice